Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Initially I wanted Poch back. Thought it would be the feel good lift we needed.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Ange seems to be the perfect choice. Really hope it works out on the pitch starting tomorrow.

Most 9 yo children like Australians.

They are wise to do so.

No Way Kg GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

PS obviously him being an Aussie isn't a problem at all, a bit strange maybe but it's a global game and it's not as if there are a plethora of talented English managers out there.

My concern is his lack of experience in a proper league i.e. a big fat zero and that he's come from a team that wins anything to one that has won nothing since 2008. At Celtic they can play however they hell they like, domestically that is, as it makes little difference. They're going to blow away most teams regardless.

At Spurs though, he's going to have to adapt and fast. Brentford are better than any Scottish team he's come up.against and then the week after it's Man United and then Bournemouth. None of those games are easy, far from it.

It's a HUGE gamble bringing him in and if it does fail, then that should be the final straw as fas as Levy is concerned.

Basically I'm a sceptic and it's up to Ange to prove me wrong, rather than just being a happy clapper prick who is smiling away whilst our best player leaves and we still have issues in our squad that need to be resolved.

It's been a strange summer on this site, for me some people have short memories and/or seem to be really forgiving whilst others are angry, upset, disillusioned but they still love this club and care about it, i wouldn't be on this site if I didn't!

Honestly, if I could stop supporting Spurs I would do but I can't. They're in my fucking blood, for good, no preventing it.

Maybe if I saw a hypnotist though....

We have that over here too. "Who's your mate?" is something I've used for decades in just that sort of situation.
There's one more you should know, which is "old mate". Usually refers to that lonely old bloke at the pub by himself talking absolute garbage to anyone that should listen.

Oh fevk off

nothing transitional about it at all

Eh? I'm sorry, what the fuck?

How is this anything BUT a season of transition? Everything that has happened is the very definition of a team in transition.

Mate, you need to temper your expectations. You can be hopeful but we have a new manager who's greatest achievement is winning a domestic Treble....with Celtic, new players coming in that have never played in our country, our best player leaving and clubs around us spending proper Big Boy money and all this and we finished 8th last season.

Where do you think we will finish?

Eh? I'm sorry, what the fuck?

How is this anything BUT a season of transition? Everything that has happened is the very definition of a team in transition.

Mate, you need to temper your expectations. You can be hopeful but we have a new manager who's greatest achievement is winning a domestic Treble....with Celtic, new players coming in that have never played in our country, our best player leaving and clubs around us spending proper Big Boy money and all this and we finished 8th last season.

Where do you think we will finish?
fuck of a sight higher than 8th

top 4 and challenging for title

winning a cup too

fuck of a sight higher than 8th

top 4 and challenging for title

winning a cup too
Realistic for AP. The guy you replied to has obviously never watched an AP team and has zero to offer outwith simplistic generalisms. I've read "proper" league in this thread - when were spurs last in CL? What are spurs doing in a "proper" league? When did you last win anything? Pumping village teams with millions of sky money doesn't make you a "proper" league. I should temper this - when we got him, we were mostly of the same opinion.

Realistic for AP. The guy you replied to has obviously never watched an AP team and has zero to offer outwith simplistic generalisms. I've read "proper" league in this thread - when were spurs last in CL? What are spurs doing in a "proper" league? When did you last win anything? Pumping village teams with millions of sky money doesn't make you a "proper" league. I should temper this - when we got him, we were mostly of the same opinion.
thats easy when your a one man league

trying tos ay we can compete with city liverpool, chelsea and man united and the scum down the road is another thing

It's not Kilmarnock and Ross County, it's...

Oh fuck it, can't be bothered to point out how fucking irrelevant Scottish football is yet again. Brendan won Trebles there as well, it's really not that big a deal.
Don’t be so arrogant and condescending. It makes you sound like a typical moron that’s incapable of change and seeing the bigger picture.

It’s not about the quality of the league, it’s the quality of the man. He will adapt to whatever level of challenge he faces whilst keeping true to his vision and beliefs.

Just wait to see what he does.

And BTW, the majority of the premier league is crap and boring af 👍

Don’t be so arrogant and condescending. It makes you sound like a typical moron that’s incapable of change and seeing the bigger picture.

It’s not about the quality of the league, it’s the quality of the man. He will adapt to whatever level of challenge he faces whilst keeping true to his vision and beliefs.

Just wait to see what he does.

And BTW, the majority of the premier league is crap and boring af 👍

I mean Man City winning it again IS boring but if you think our league is boring, watching Scottish football on a weekly basis would turn me into a rugby fan!

Stupid Scot or are you Irish?

Who are Celtic going to thump this week? Dundee? St Johnstone? The 'mighty' Motherwell?

Ange may turn out to be great for us, I hope he is, but his appointment is a huge gamble and I'd have preferred Nagelsmann or Poch or even that Arne Slot guy.

Last season?

I mean Man City winning it again IS boring but if you think our league is boring, watching Scottish football on a weekly basis would turn me into a rugby fan!

Stupid Scot or are you Irish?

Who are Celtic going to thump this week? Dundee? St Johnstone? The 'mighty' Motherwell?

Ange may turn out to be great for us, I hope he is, but his appointment is a huge gamble and I'd have preferred Nagelsmann or Poch or even that Arne Slot guy.
I didn’t mean City winning it again was boring.

The EPL is EXACTLY the same as every league in the world. Some teams are brilliant, some are average (just surviving is good enough) but most are utter muck and an utter bore fest!

I don’t like the SPL because of the standard of football, I know its crap compared to the bigger leagues, I watch it because I am a Celtic fan. Celtic are my team and that’s where they play. Nothing I can do about that. But just because it’s a poorer league than yours doesn’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about

Ange has a core belief of how to play that is transferable to whatever level he needs it to be.

Now do you want to talk about the merits of Ange or you gonna just keep taking cheap shots because of the league my team plays in?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom