Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange at the presser tomorrow dodging the Kane questions

Then the quick, dry comeback:

tumblr_msw8b7ZQcR1shbtwuo1_400.gif

If it wasn't for this man I'd have just about lost hope in our football club.

Can't put into words how big of a compliment it is to him that he's got the fanbase excited for the season considering the awful circumstances he's been placed into. Proof will be in the pudding obviously but the guy is magic.

feel like he'll use majority of the 5 subs each game when the legs start going in the second half. could be an advantage against alot of clubs. As we do have a big squad, and quite decent quality to replace those that start. Richie, Peri, skipp, Hojbjerg, Solomon, Porro
Ange did this religiously at Celtic usually in the 60th or 70th minute. Fresh legs for final push forward. Celtic scored many winners at the end of the game.

Could be that.

But if you watch the dynamic across all the interviews they do, there is a stand off vibe.
Ange has always had a distrust of journalists since his infamous interview in Australia when socceroos U21 manager. By his own admission, it almost cost him his entire career to the point he had to leave Australia and coach some shite squad in Greece. He was lucky to get back with a gig at Brisbane Roar due to drink driving by their then manager at the time.

I know I have seen the interview posted here before but if anyone hasn't seen it.....

Ange has always had a distrust of journalists since his infamous interview in Australia when socceroos U21 manager. By his own admission, it almost cost him his entire career to the point he had to leave Australia and coach some shite squad in Greece. He was lucky to get back with a gig at Brisbane Roar due to drink driving by their then manager at the time.

I know I have seen the interview posted here before but if anyone hasn't seen it.....

I don’t think he’s very proud of that but that journo was a bit of a dick who was spoiling for a row. You get treated the way you deserve usually.

"I want my team to play football that scares the life out of every opposition"

How fucking refreshing and exciting is that after the turgid, passive shite we've had to endure for years?!

Since Ange was appointed and and my original posts trying to give a little insight into how he operates, brings together players and fans of the club, and instills unwavering belief in his squad by doing it his way, I've loved watching his do the same here as he has everywhere before. From most fans initially being completely underwhelmed by his appointment to watching them start to cautiously engage a little to coming to love him as many have before I'm excited for the start to the season for your club. I personally can't wait to see how his methods translate in the Prem and, while he's untested at the top as many have said, for me at least many now have insight to the guy that is without doubt the best Aussie manager I've seen and why's he's loved by fans of clubs he's managed. Hopefully you guys will now get to enjoy what I did when he transformed Brisbane Roar into not only a winning machine, but an amazing side to watch play football.

Harry may still leave but I think the fact that it's even in question given where it was months ago shows a little what his players think of the man and what he's about. Regardless of what he does no doubt Ange will just get on with it and keep building.

I'll be watching and supporting Spurs at every opportunity they're not playing the Villa

Best of luck for the season!

great fuel for the rest of the players with kane going, basically thinks hes too good for them. if that doesnt fire them up for this season nothing will. come on big ange!!!

This man has become the most important person in our club in the space of the 5 weeks, we are literally hanging everything on him to make things right.

If it wasn't for this man I'd have just about lost hope in our football club.

Can't put into words how big of a compliment it is to him that he's got the fanbase excited for the season considering the awful circumstances he's been placed into. Proof will be in the pudding obviously but the guy is magic.
1000% this. Ange MIGHT of just saved me from losing all hope for the future of this club, as well as my passion. #faithinange

If we lost Kane while playing Maureen or ConteShitball, then I would be more worried.

I know its early, but Anges style has given me hope that it's not all doom and gloom. Let's see how it pans out. Ange and these players need us fans more than ever right now.

Back
Top Bottom