Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's why I'm wondering.

No way a manager is acting like that in front of camera unless something else went on.

IMO.

Especially as the first Ange ITW with the projector and them 2 sitting in a cinema was very normal and decent rapport

If I am speculating it will be about information that has escaped from the training ground or about transfers.

But could have been anything.

If it is just about the questions then I'm with you 100% and the fans see it now and start picking on the guy on socials. That's something you expect as a player or manager, not as in-house media on a normal salary.
Has that video been edited since you guys watched it as I couldn’t see anything in there to suggest he has a problem with Milesy???

He just seems a bit knackered after an emotional workout during the match. Doesn’t seem particularly pissy to me. 🤷🏻

Has that video been edited since you guys watched it as I couldn’t see anything in there to suggest he has a problem with Milesy???

He just seems a bit knackered after an emotional workout during the match. Doesn’t seem particularly pissy to me. 🤷🏻

Could be that.

But if you watch the dynamic across all the interviews they do, there is a stand off vibe.

Could be that.

But if you watch the dynamic across all the interviews they do, there is a stand off vibe.
Maybe.

Could just be that Milesy is the one that usually sticks a mic under his nose immediately after a 90minute brain drain, rather than anything more sinister.

When he’s doing a presser he hasn’t had any of the pressure of a match and hence is likely to be in better spirits.

Anyone still upset we didn't get Arne Slot?

Anyone actually remember who he is?
Arne Slot, is a good manager too. Watched a few games of his last season.

I think the most important thing was a manager who could develop and fit the safe footballing philosophy at Spurs.

Most of the anguish from fans was, we all know what kind of twat burger Levy can be sometimes and the manager merry-go-round last season to end up with Nuno.

Would have been happy with both.

I have a feeling though that Ange could deal with Levy better and not put up with his shit so much.

Yeah, I just got the feeling it was something he just wanted to get over and done with, rather than having an issue with the interviewer.

It must get very tiring to have to answer the same questions over and over again, and he's just seen all the excellent work overturned in a 5 minute spell.

No one's going to be at their smiley best after seeing a quality performance, in the main, overturned like that, 'meaningless friendly' or not.

Anyone still upset we didn't get Arne Slot?

Anyone actually remember who he is?

I'd still have been happy with Slot.

But I did say at the time we were linked that his offence is alot more predictable with less room for change in the system and that Anges offense is alot more varied using deep runs, third man runners etc.

Either way, we'd have seen much better football than what we'd seen for the last 5 or so years.

Maybe.

Could just be that Milesy is the one that usually sticks a mic under his nose immediately after a 90minute brain drain, rather than anything more sinister.

When he’s doing a presser he hasn’t had any of the pressure of a match and hence is likely to be in better spirits.

I was thinking that earlier actually. Ange didn’t seem snotty with him when they did the ‘Fans Questions’ video a few weeks ago

Not just neutrals. I know some Aussie gooners who are in a quandary. One said: Ange to Spurs has totally fucked me up. I now want them to come second instead of 17th.
I think every Australian who follows soccer is feeling a little conflicted in their hearts right now. He is such an iconic embodiment of “the Aussie character” that it almost seems unpatriotic not to get behind him.

Plus he’s the first. Italians and Spaniards are a dime a dozen. Ange is a trail-blazer. Thin end of the wedge?

:ange-hmm:

Ange is very frequently surly in interviews, but he doesn't like propositions assumed by the interviewer like "the result didn't matter" - suggesting that Ange agrees the result didn't matter, or any number of other things.

Milesy seems to answer his own questions sometimes so that the question continues to evolve until Ange is given his chance to answer, and it takes some untangling.

It'd be pretty funny if next time they met Milesy went in two footed.

"Dier? Really? Interesting selection there you throbber. Are you sure you want to keep this job or are you just like the last cunt wanting a payout? You're shit."

:ange-confused:

Fuck off I lived up there, according to those cunts face to face they never hate anyone, get a group of them together and you'll find out exactly how they feel about you.

Earlier some dip shits said they weren't antisemitic till they were reminded of abuse they gave thier own player when they got beat by rangers.

They hate - that's there MO, just like rangers, it's just biggotry and vile hatred.

Late to the party but there are loads of supporters buses come up from Dan sarf to see Celtic. This baws about English folk getting a hard time is a lot of shite. In fact watch the vice documentary on YouTube about the Glasgow derby, you're more likely to get hassle in the blue half of Glasgow.

Anyway I'm off work the morra and I'm out my tits. Just popped in here to see where all the Aussies went that used to post on our forum.

I think we can all agree that following one guy around the world like a lovesick puppy is a bit sad haha.*

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very attack minded manager.

*I've just become very aware that I'm following the folk who follow Ange.

Anyway carry on. I'm off for another toot and listen mix some records. I'm currently trying to mix INXS with Irish rebel music. It's going well.

I'll shut up now.

I see you ya weirdo Aussies changing fitbaw teams like the weather. Canny trust a jump the dyke.

Back
Top Bottom