Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Erm....yes you are.
You said that the team (which means the players and manager) isn't good enough.

And there we have it folks.
You can't bring yourself to praise the team, or our new players because that would mean giving the board a tiny, little bit of credit for signing these players.
No agenda here, no sir.

:pochcry:
Don’t waste your time mate.

Some people are just permanently glass half empty types and can’t/won’t see anything positive. They’re not the type you want lining up alongside you in moments of adversity.

Don’t waste your time mate.

Some people are just permanently glass half empty types and can’t/won’t see anything positive. They’re not the type you want lining up alongside you in moments of adversity.
Yeah, I know you're right.

People can hate Levy/Enic, but still support the team and be positive about things.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'll leave it now.

Ange doesn’t need Kane, trust me!

You will be fine and Kane will be distant memory by Christmas. You really don’t know what is coming!

Plus as you have seen already, his pressers are a breath of fresh air - he hates the msm.

Trust the process 👍👍👍

Ange doesn’t need Kane, trust me!

You will be fine and Kane will be distant memory by Christmas. You really don’t know what is coming!
Mid to long term , I think Kane’s departure will be a positive.

He was a big focus up front, and scored 30 PL goals last season vs the rest of the team’s 38 odd.

At Celtic last year, Kyogo scored 27 vs the rest of the team’s 78.

The relative percentages speak for themselves. Angeball thrives on filling the box and peppering the goal with chances. The more goal scorers the better; multiple targets, multiple scorers.

Not having a single focus might turn out to help the new style of football along.

Ha, head in the sand types on here.

How much is Levy pay....nah, how much have you had to drink/smoke today?

Ange is putting a brave face on things but this has been an awful summer and it would be nice just for once for us to go into the new season with the majority of our business (incomings and outgoings) resolved before we kick a ball.

Not sure why that's so controversial really.
As someone who has watched a lot of Ange and his football, I can say with near certainty that he's not just putting on a brave face.

You can all make up your own minds over the course of the season whether he's up to the task of managing Tottenham or not, but one thing for sure is that he's not the type to be fretting over any one single player leaving, Harry Kane included.

Good players will stand out in his system, but ultimately it's about the collective, not any one individual. His focus with or without Kane will 100% be on laying the foundations of the football he wants to play, because ultimately that's what he is, a system manager. And you could be the best, most valuable player in the world, but if you don't buy into the system and way of playing, Postecoglou will have no hesitation in bidding you farewell.

As for incomings, I'm sure he'd rather have had all business done before the start of the season, but I guess it's not a perfect world. Whether that's more likely down to Levy or just the reality of the market, you guys will know better than me.

One thing that was interesting at Celtic though was during his first summer transfer window, they were buying players right up until the end of the window. CCV for example was brought in with about an hour to go. Yet all that changed under Postecoglou from the next window onwards. That following January, they announced the imminent signing of 3 Japanese players before the window had even opened. Indeed, it got to the point where it was so well run that replacement players were being signed before players being sold had even left. This was in stark contrast to before he arrived.

"It’s usually the collective so what that offers now is an opportunity to build a collective that brings us success and within that context you still want outstanding individuals, you still want the best players, that doesn’t change. You don't dismiss someone just because he’s been part of something that hasn’t been successful. That might be because of other reasons, rather than what he brought to the team."

Ange post Kane: He is so switched on, love it!

I'm not impressed by the way he talks, like he's trying too hard to come across as amiable and a good bloke.

Plus he's Australian, that doesn't help.

:pochsmirk:

Once Nagelsmann was a non starter we should've brought the mann above back home, instead he's ended up at the Chavs.

Reckon Kane would've stayed if Poch was manager.

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Your logic and general perception is that of a 9-year old child.

What do you want him to say to that question you melon
Mate I like what Ange has said so far, but he should test these waters more carefully on the long term, if his Spurs career doesn’t show potential. I think people will quickly get pissed by his pressers if he doesn’t back this bluntness with results or at least entertaining football.

This guy, is gonna be good for us. Good signing by the club considering all the negativity around the club after conte and the Kane sale. Possibly the perfect manager for this time.

I think we will enjoy the football this season and on our day we can still beat anyone which is all I ask for to be honest. COYS. Looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom