Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, nah, just can't.

I'm hopeful Bissouma will have a good season and Udogie could be great, but the decline from the Poch team at it's peak to now is just painful to see.

I think some have become like Gooners a few seasons back, overrating all of their players and then acting all shocked when it turns to shit.

I think we'll be lucky to qualify for the EL, more likely we'll have to settle for a top half finish and a decent domestic cup run just like in the 90's.

We've come full circle!

And on.

Seriously though, you choose to focus on the negatives, which is your right.

I choose to focus on the positives.

On your words our "squad is a complete mess"
I disagree totally.

We have an attack minded manager for the first time in years.
That's a positive.

We've signed a highly rated young keeper, who Inter wanted to replace Onana.
That's a positive.

We've signed the 2nd best AM in the league for two years running.
That's a positive.

We've signed a very promising winger on a free, who's looked good in pre season.
That's a positive.

We've signed a tall, pacey CB that we desperately needed.
That's a positive.

Our midfielders are all looking good (Biss, Sarr, Skipp, )
That's a positive.

Kane going will impact us, no doubt about that.
That's a negative.

We have a bloated squad with players who aren't good enough.
That's a negative.

On the other hand we only have one game a week, so we shouldn't have to rely on them to much.
That's a positive.

There's so much to look forward to this season, but I get people have a choice.

They can either be excited about the changes the new season, or they can be despondent.

I choose to be "COYS 💪💪💪💪💪💪"
Rather than "coys 😥😥😥😥😥"

Edit;
Forgot Udogie looking very good as well.
That's a positive.

Edit 2
And Royal
That's a positive.

Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Nice post.

Seriously though, I wish I could be as optimistic as the likes of you and the Goat and the rest of the Levy fanclub but I just can't.

I see what other clubs are doing and I'm worried, really truly worried that as long as we play some pretty football fans like you will be happy.

Did we really spend over a billion pounds on a new stadium and have great training facilities simply to go back to mid-table mediocrity?

What was the fucking point?

This isn't the SPL, it's the Premier League where DMs go for £100m plus.

Hopefully Brentford are in worse shape than us and we can at least start off with a point or three.

LeVy FaNcLuB

Made up bullshit again. Bin voted.

I couldn't give a shit what you think.

Moving to the new stadium was supposed to improve us but we've become worse.

Our owners are out of their depth as well, football has moved on but they haven't nor have they shown any desire that this will ever change.

We're the new Everton.
I bet you’re on everyone’s party ‘must have guest list’! 😂

/edit: I agree with your disagree Col_McCafferty, I don’t think you would be either! 😂

Some of you should try speaking with fans of other clubs. Nobody thinks we're going to do shit this season.

It's not just some on this site, difference is other fans are laughing at us, THE new banter club of the PL.

Some of you should try speaking with fans of other clubs. Nobody thinks we're going to do shit this season.

It's not just some on this site, difference is other fans are laughing at us, THE new banter club of the PL.

Harry is probably going to win his first trophy tomorrow. That will cause a lot of laughter.

Who gives a shit what the fans of other clubs think of us?!

Positive Mental Attitude or you could just roll over and think you’re beaten before you start! I bet my pension Ange has the former, not the latter!

Ah yes rival fans, the true mark of experts, I fully expect them to have Spurs challenging for the league. :ledley:

You've been wet wiping all day, when are you gonna grow a backbone?

How many of those fans are basing it off the last few years of Harry rescuing us and shit football and now minus Harry?

Any of them watch our pre-season matches?

Nobody thinks it's gonna be a smooth ride. There'll be issues to deal with but as Ange himself said '...you're going to see a different Spurs this season'.

Fuck other club's fans. Be sweet to see their faces when Ange-ball hits.

Who gives a shit what the fans of other clubs think of us?!

Positive Mental Attitude or you could just roll over and think you’re beaten before you start! I bet my pension Ange has the former, not the latter!

Because a few years ago we had their respect, they knew we were a threat.

Now we're nothing and with Kane gone, they and the media won't even have to talk about us other than throw in the odd Spursy joke.

Ange has to be positive but let's see how long that lasts. Eventually Levy sucks the life out of every manager.

Because a few years ago we had their respect, they knew we were a threat.

Now we're nothing and with Kane gone, they and the media won't even have to talk about us other than throw in the odd Spursy joke.

Ange has to be positive but let's see how long that lasts. Eventually Levy sucks the life out of every manager.
Honestly?! I’d call the Samaritans if I were you! 😂

He said talk your shit, it's up to us to shut you up.

Without wishing to be a pedant, he didn't say 'shut you up'. He said it's 'up to us to turn it around'.

It's an important distinction. He was placing an obligation on the team.

Because Ange is saying the fundamental role of a football club is to please the fans and make them happy. It's not for fans to unequivocally support the side and get nothing in return.

ENIC take note.

Without wishing to be a pedant, he didn't say 'shut you up'. He said it's 'up to us to turn it around'.

It's an important distinction. He was placing an obligation on the team.

Because Ange is saying the fundamental role of a football club is to please the fans and make them happy. It's not for fans to unequivocally support the side and get nothing in return.

ENIC take note.
That’s because the players are mostly successful professionals paid millions and a decent chunk of supporters have the mental stability of a child.

It’s the job of the team to turn it around because he has far higher expectations for them than the average supporter.

Back
Top Bottom