Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I absolutely get that but all I have now is an overwheling sense of frustration.

For the first time since Redknapp we have an attacing manager

He arrived when we had our best goalscorer since Jimmy Greaves

We are playing a brand of footie which is exciting, entertaining, great to watch, and creates tons of chances. Kane would fill his boots with this guy in charge.

This is like Lineker joining (ooh great!!)

And 5 mins later we sell Waddle

Yet again our wankstain slaphead does a Berbatoss - let's sell a great player, haggle over buttons, and leave a manager shafted.

I trust Ange to get things right, but yet again Levy makes the manager's job absurdly difficult
Whilst I get this, it's Kane that is wanting out, not us wanting him gone. This transfer doesn't happen if Kane wants to stay at Tottenham, he doesn't. The decision was his. He hasn't wanted to be at Spurs for approx 4yrs, a certainty for past 2.5yrs when he didn't come back from hols and wanted to go to City.

We set a valuation, it wasn't matched and therefore rebuffed 3 times. Valuation finally came through and he's off on his bike. I don't blame him, but thank him for his services to Spurs - see you in a few years' time back at The Lane once he's retired. I also wouldn't blame him if he stayed (because Bayerns bid wasn't high enough) and he left on a free, he would have earned that.

But this is a new era now - New manager, new style of play, one that Kane may have struggled with in a couple of years time anyway (I think he would of adapted well this season had he stayed and he would have scored a hat full) but it would also of had Ange adapt his game to fit him in, which wouldn't have been an issue initially but suspect it would have been a problem next season.

Ange now gets to pick his striker for the football he wants to be played - I find this exciting.

That's why Levy is where he is today tbh. Countless lies and deceitful behaviour yet a large portion of the fanbase still fall for it.

What lies were we told about Kane this summer?

...............Sounds like behind the scenes everyone was on the same page and knew the score. That ought to please everyone about how things were conducted.

Last edited:
It’s been so obvious since the start of the window, yet so many people tried to kid themselves that he was going to stay and maybe sign an extension

It’s a very human way of thinking. I remember talking to a friend once about splitting up with my girlfriend at the time.
I (obviously) didn’t tell her there was someone else involved. Who wants to hear that? I told here it was down to me. Not her. Just me needing to sort my head out.

However he had recently split up with his girlfriend and was adamant there was no one else involved as that’s what she told him.

But of course there was someone else involved
:conteshock::mourloopy:

I had to stop him trying to fight them 2 months later.

Moral of the story. It’s nicer to live in cloud cuckoo land isn’t it? And tell the story we need to tell to get there.

What lies were we told about Kane this summer?

...............Sound like behind the scenes everyone was on the same page and knew the score. That ought to please everyone about how things were conducted.
The lies were told on here.

People saying that Ange was blind sided, that he'd been "Levy'd", that Maddison was promised that Harry would stay etc, etc.

Back
Top Bottom