Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton will take points off Goons, Liv, City and or Villa and co

We were pretty poor at times but we al know we only have 11 or 12 top players….. when 5, 6 or 7 of them are out it’s gonna be a slog. Royal, Dier, Hoj need to be out by 31st of Jan

Win our next two and I'll start to think about it.

Brighton and Bournemouth are two high pressing teams and we struggled with Evertons press today.

Long long way to go. The last 8 games we are not even in the top 8 teams. Staying in contention / catching up is the name of the game up until end of Feb for me

Nice for the dreamers to dream though. I think this club has broken that part of me over the years. Madrid being the final nail.

Im far too cynical now.

So I will need to be 5 points in front going into match week 38 to start dreaming!! (Even then could the league find a way to dock us 3 points Would be in the back of my mind).

All that worry about their set pieces and yesterday we continued to show that we are good at defending them. Yesterday was the first time this season we have conceded from a corner and it wasn’t exactly direct.

As for the foul on Emerson you could tell at the time it was a foul. VAR was brought in for exactly these moments. When the on pitch officials have dropped a bollock. All the complaint about its use here is false. It did the job it was intended for. It’s a non story.

I was feeling somewhat okay about Brighton coming up. They looked quite tired against Palace (though they get 2 days extra rest than us) but they're also pretty open and should give us plenty of space..

But I worry massively if we haven't got Romero playing and Skipp is the 6.

This is where the Bissouma red will hurt us. He’s good against being pressed and under pressure. He’s massively important in these games.

Everton will take points off Goons, Liv, City and or Villa and co

We were pretty poor at times but we al know we only have 11 or 12 top players….. when 5, 6 or 7 of them are out it’s gonna be a slog. Royal, Dier, Hoj need to be out by 31st of Jan
we cant just bin them withut replacing them first

otherwise you and me will be on the bench

It was bleeding obvious what they had to do. They could see we had shite at the back and skipp. Dyche would have done his homework on them. In fact watched the first half again and we wasn’t that good even in the first 25 mins. Got the goals but were sloppy which they latched onto and pressed or did quick diagonal balks as they could see we had no FBs and the wide players were not coming back.

Meh

If you look at the chances created we should still win the game 8/10 but that doesn’t mean you don’t credit Everton for being good at what they do.

They were the form team in the prem for being an athletic pressing monster. But short handed we won and on the balance of chances created we deserved to

He did slip, and it is natural to try to catch yourself; but he absolutely gained advantage by completely controlling the ball.
Yes of course he did - but making it out to be the worst VAR mistake of the season is a bit over-dramatic, there have been many far less contentious or arguable ones, that's my point.

I was feeling somewhat okay about Brighton coming up. They looked quite tired against Palace (though they get 2 days extra rest than us) but they're also pretty open and should give us plenty of space..

But I worry massively if we haven't got Romero playing and Skipp is the 6.
I'd bring back Hojbjerg to play 6 (wonder if the transfer uncertainty is the reason he missed out?). Or Sarr with Gio and Kulu as 8s.

But yes Romero missing out would be a big problem.

The harder these lads work, the harder they practice and the more they commit, the ‘luckier’ become (Gary Player knew a thing or two about what it means to win). Unfortunately that wasn’t forthcoming against Spam or Villa, but Fuck sake, what we are witnessing is not accidental. To even be a second or third stringer in this team, this year, under this management team, is a dream come true (if you have any sense about you).
This year is just mental when you think about it, and the future looks bright for those who commit. Fucking loving this.
And fuck that jug eared twat btw

A win is a win is a win. Much happier eating me cornflakes with three points than crying about not winning like the villa game.
The man on the moon knows half them players ange doesn’t want and they are dead men walking but fair play to them, easier thing to do is down tools and conceded soft goals. We kept playing out from the back and not hoofing. Credit to all the players and the manager.

OMG i just seen Alan Shearer o MOTD what a complete wanker .... it was a foul on Emerson and that Newtwat said it was not a foul on Emerson .... what a complete TOON toospricker

If Gomes got anything on the ball then it wouldn't have been a foul. He knocked Emerson over. Ergo it's a foul. It's not hard 🤣

Back
Top Bottom