Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Villa draw, United/Newcastle lose. Weekend could not have gone better. Woolwich loss/draw please
Hulu Fx GIF by The Bear

Reading some of the media pundits is amusing.

When Newcastle were winning with a depleted squad, it was courage resilient, and brave.

Spurs hang on against the form side at the minute, with double digit injuries to the squad... Lucky.

Reading some of the media pundits is amusing.

When Newcastle were winning with a depleted squad, it was courage resilient, and brave.

Spurs hang on against the form side at the minute, with double digit injuries to the squad... Lucky.
some do give us credit to be fair, but others are way off the mark to, I agree.

You would think it was one way traffic the whole game the way this match is being reviewed in the media. Absolutely we were lucky but chances created were about even. Pickford actually made a ridiculous one handed save around the 80th minute that would have made it 3-0.

You'd like to think these things even out over the course of the season, after coming up empty handed against the likes of Villa and West ham, 2 games that should have been over at HT, its good to get a lucky bounce of the ball every now and again.

Everton may have a big say on top 4 next few weeks:

Wednesday 27th December
Everton20:15Manchester City
Saturday 30th December
Wolverhampton Wanderers15:00Everton
Sunday 14th January
Everton14:00Aston Villa

To be fair, that is a lot to sing!

Hang on, you shared an outside loo with PAUL MILLER? You've NEVER mentioned that before!!
It was a surreal conversation altogether. We spoke of pensions, failed marriages (two apiece), and how the youth of today don't appreciate how tough growing up in the East End was, back in the 60s!! You know, the sort of things old codgers talk about when they get together;)

It was a surreal conversation altogether. We spoke of pensions, failed marriages (two apiece), and how the youth of today don't appreciate how tough growing up in the East End was, back in the 60s!! You know, the sort of things old codgers talk about when they get together;)

Too bloody right, Mrs Perryman

Davies was awful let’s be honest. How many times fud he give the ball away.
BJ did well with the cross but missed a sitter bcos he wasn’t committed enough going for the ball. Then multiple times he chickens out of the challenge. What have we paid £50M for. MGW is a much better player and we got this weaklin?
And nonexistent Johnson who neither presses or tackles and is scared of a pussy cat. His lack of effort was astonishing.
We had 8 days gap! They played midweek and went to pens. Some like skipp, royal, PEH, dier should be full of running. Hardly played but should no desire to get stuck in or show some energy.
We don’t stop any crosses today which is criminal. We all know what Everton’s tactics are like mainly putting balls into the box. Although they did play some decent stuff. This was mainly due to no one actually pressing today. Front 3 did nothing and midfield even less. Skipp did a bit 2nd half. However we just let them play the ball wide time and again with defender in sight bco our FBs were inverted. Surely anyone could see the space we gave them yet did nothing. The same happened v wolves and Villa. We must change our tactics a little bit to deny the space out wide. When we have the ball the back 2 and vic pass to each other more than any other team I reckon. The FBs are hidden in field behind thier midfield so never available for a pass. May be have one inverted but having two just means we are so narrow. Also means if pass out wide especially to Johnson his facing OUR goal with a defender up his arse and his so weak can never do anything g.
If you are not a gooner troll I will eat my hat.

Tell me something positive about Spurs? I bet you can’t.

Honestly thought Evertons press was up there with the best I’ve seen
It was bleeding obvious what they had to do. They could see we had shite at the back and skipp. Dyche would have done his homework on them. In fact watched the first half again and we wasn’t that good even in the first 25 mins. Got the goals but were sloppy which they latched onto and pressed or did quick diagonal balks as they could see we had no FBs and the wide players were not coming back.

If you are not a gooner troll I will eat my hat.

Tell me something positive about Spurs? I bet you can’t.
Hold on tell me what I said in those posts was not an accurate reflection of the game? Did you not see Davies give the ball away countless times in our own half. Did you not see how many times they had overloads in wide areas? Did you not see BJ bottle a few challenges. Sometimes I wonder about what people watch.
Tell you positives, we won the game and got the 3 points which is fantastic. Sarr and Vic prbly our best players. Finally , if we didn’t know already, but half that team needs to go and few like BJ need to do more.

Fuck me that was some real bollocks today.

Make shift back 4, but the midfield looks so weak when we play with a CM2 against a team that don't just park a bus, especially without Bissouma.

That front four were so fucking easy to walk past. I think it even surprised Everton how fucking easy it was to play through us. And we were just standing off them in deeper areas and allowing them to sling in cross after cross.

And the lack of quality and intelligence in attacking situations from all four attackers was fucking terrible. Kulusevski bumbled his way through the whole game, he was no help at all when we were trying to play out, and Son reminded us of that bad Son that we hadn't seen for a few months, some of the simple fucking passes he fucked up were shocking. The miss from Johnson.

Watch Dier on the goal that was disallowed and explain to me his fucking thought process. He literally watches the play unfold and makes no attempt to close out the danger he can see unfolding until it's way too late.

I get that this is early in the process, we are missing our better players, and lost another at HT, and hopefully we will get better as a collective and have better individuals in the system, but fuck a doodle do this was a perfect storm of shitness, and generally, we have been fucking ropey all season defensively. Our expected goals against is in the bottom 8.

Today was a good glimpse as to how important Bissouma is, and Maddison can't get back quick enough either, the difference in overall contribution both with and without the ball, between Kulusevski centrally over Maddison is fucking massive.

I think it's going to be a long month or so.
you do know that we were the winners, right?
with effectively a B team, against the divisions in form team

you do know that we were the winners, right?
with effectively a B team, against the divisions in form team
Maureen see this? Tottenham supporter.

he knows we weren’t great but we’ve lost games we should have won this season, we’ve played great football fairly consistently, etc. We have a makeshift team - more injuries / suspensions than any other team with the possible exception of Newcastle, and he has a balanced view. Not a gooner view.

Hold on tell me what I said in those posts was not an accurate reflection of the game? Did you not see Davies give the ball away countless times in our own half. Did you not see how many times they had overloads in wide areas? Did you not see BJ bottle a few challenges. Sometimes I wonder about what people watch.
Tell you positives, we won the game and got the 3 points which is fantastic. Sarr and Vic prbly our best players. Finally , if we didn’t know already, but half that team needs to go and few like BJ need to do more.
See? even when you try and be positive you can’t “Finally…”

Back
Top Bottom