Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don’t stop any crosses today which is criminal. We all know what Everton’s tactics are like mainly putting balls into the box. Although they did play some decent stuff. This was mainly due to no one actually pressing today. Front 3 did nothing and midfield even less. Skipp did a bit 2nd half. However we just let them play the ball wide time and again with defender in sight bco our FBs were inverted. Surely anyone could see the space we gave them yet did nothing. The same happened v wolves and Villa. We must change our tactics a little bit to deny the space out wide. When we have the ball the back 2 and vic pass to each other more than any other team I reckon. The FBs are hidden in field behind thier midfield so never available for a pass. May be have one inverted but having two just means we are so narrow. Also means if pass out wide especially to Johnson his facing OUR goal with a defender up his arse and his so weak can never do anything g.

Largely agree. See my post above.

Problem with the midfield was once the got through the non existent front press there were only 2 CM's behind them, and both are vastly inferior to Bissouma defensively.

Why?

They broke the rules and other clubs suffered relegation instead of them. They should rightfully be punished.
I think it is murky to what extent they broke the rules, and if they did then the punishment doesn't fit the crime compared to what other clubs are getting away with. They are being punished for cooperating with the investigation in a way.

To be fair, I don't think we can grumble too much tonight. We were fucking awful and Everton were pretty unlucky not to get something out of that game. If they had, I don't think any of us would have felt we'd been robbed, like the West Ham game.
I agree mostly but i thought we were miles better against the pikeys than today. Im not crumbling at all

I think it is murky to what extent they broke the rules,

It's not.... It's black and white (numerical).

and if they did then the punishment doesn't fit the crime compared to what other clubs are getting away with.

"Are yet to be found guilty of or punished for".

......How relatively excessive this punishment is remains to be seen.

Why should they get ZERO deduction?

They are being punished for cooperating with the investigation in a way.

Not really. By rights the deduction ought to have seen them relegated LAST season. They're just lucky the system is as shit as it is and it allowed them to unfairly treat the Richy trf as 21/22 income even though it was a 22/23 deal.

Ask yourself how much sympathy Burnley, Leeds & Leicester fans have for them.

I was feeling somewhat okay about Brighton coming up. They looked quite tired against Palace (though they get 2 days extra rest than us) but they're also pretty open and should give us plenty of space..

But I worry massively if we haven't got Romero playing and Skipp is the 6.
Brighton have been playing twice a week forever and have had a lot of injuries too.
They seem to be getting some players back and for the first time in a long time they have had a full week to prepare. The way the fixtures have come out over Christmas have been kinder to them than us.
Incidentally, I thought they got stronger against Palace and equalised and looked more likely to win it at the end.
Was quite confident a few weeks ago but what with bissoumas suspension and Romero a doubt , I'm not so confident now.
We are threadbare atm.

BJ did well with the cross but missed a sitter bcos he wasn’t committed enough going for the ball. Then multiple times he chickens out of the challenge. What have we paid £50M for. MGW is a much better player and we got this weaklin?
Him and Son bottling out of challenges , especially aerial isn't a good look when we are trying to relieve pressure.

People bang on about woolwich pressing but even at theirs, they didn't press us as well as Everton did today.
I think that it's fair to say that Everton were great at pressing us but that's not comparing apples with apples.

We had our strongest team against Woolwich. Today we had our 2nd choice right back at left back, our 4th choice centre back with our 5th once Cuti was off, our 4th and 5th choice centre mids. My point being this spurs are a much easier team to press than the one that impressed at the Emirates.

Fuck me some amount of panty wetting in here. We were down to the bare bones today and still beat the in-form team in the league. Yes, we rode our luck at points but so did they, we messed up so many brilliant openings.

Most importantly, it was a brilliant game of football, so entertaining. 3 points. Job done.

Fuck me some amount of panty wetting in here. We were down to the bare bones today and still beat the in-form team in the league. Yes, we rode our luck at points but so did they, we messed up so many brilliant openings.

Most importantly, it was a brilliant game of football, so entertaining. 3 points. Job done.

What we ended with:

Vic
Porro / Dier / Davies / Emerson
Skipp / PEH
Kulu / GLC / BJ
Son​
:unsure:

What we ended with:

Vic
Porro / Dier / Davies / Emerson
Skipp / PEH
Kulu / GLC / BJ
Son​
:unsure:
Basically the kind of crap our managers have been working with week in week out for years. Las two/three transfer windows saved us from disaster.

Vic, Romero, Porro, Udogie, VDV, Sarr, Benta, Biss, Maddison, Kulu. So many good singings, and we needed every last one.

Shut the fuck up.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Back
Top Bottom