Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need to do better with leads, but super happy to get 3 and only 4 pts off the top. Considering all the injuries Thats pretty impressive.

Glad seeing richy finally putting it together, hopefully bj gets it soon. He seems like he is where richy was early on, close but no cigar.

Onto brighton!

Meh

If you look at the chances created we should still win the game 8/10 but that doesn’t mean you don’t credit Everton for being good at what they do.

They were the form team in the prem for being an athletic pressing monster. But short handed we won and on the balance of chances created we deserved to
They had a better team than us yesterday but we had better players and those better players won us the game.

welllWin our next two and I'll start to think about it.

Brighton and Bournemouth are two high pressing teams and we struggled with Evertons press today.
We need to move the ball quickest. It’s sometimes too slow at the back. We made it too easy for Everton to press. The other thing is we are supposed to press as well yet they just waltzed through our midfield.
Gio offers good tenacity mixed with technique. Don’t think I’ve seen BJ win a tackle.

I dunno if this is an Ange thing, but I don't remember injured players sitting front and centre around the dugout before... even if they're at the game, they're usually in the West upper posh seats or one of the boxes...
This seems more inclusive, and would not surprise me if Ange was somewhere behind the idea, to fully back up that family, inclusive spirit he seems to have created in no time at all...

Either way, it feels like a good thing!

We need to move the ball quickest. It’s sometimes too slow at the back. We made it too easy for Everton to press. The other thing is we are supposed to press as well yet they just waltzed through our midfield.
Gio offers good tenacity mixed with technique. Don’t think I’ve seen BJ win a tackle.

You can thank Skipp for that

Normal BBC bollocks !
Maybe, but it's quite blatant BBC bollocks.... and anyway, it isn't 'normal'... I've literally never seen that happen before.

Imagine Arse or Man City or Utd or Liverpool won a game, and they simply didn't show ANY of their goals, but instead focussed on the team they'd beaten....?

I'd jokingly say the fans of those clubs would write in and be irate, but they wouldn't have to, because it's simply a scenario that just WOULDN'T happen!

They literally ignored us! Like it didn't happen....

Funny, 'cos when we were on our losing streak, they showed THAT quick enough, in all it's gory glory!

Largely agree. See my post above.

Problem with the midfield was once the got through the non existent front press there were only 2 CM's behind them, and both are vastly inferior to Bissouma defensively.
100%. Yep front offered no press yday for some reason. BJ is too weak, kulu was a lost in the middle , Everton swarmed all over him. Both richi and son I thought were not their usual energetic pressing selves.

Back
Top Bottom