Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing is very clear PAPE MATAR SARR is so invaluable to us, what a player , he brings control, energy, class and composure, its no coincidence our upturn of form since he came back from injury.
He played the perfect ball to BJ for the first goal.
Now if Sonny who twice had simple passes to BJ in the box didn’t fuck them up we could have had more.
Sarr is defo quality and very much almost a first name on the team sheet. Don’t think any of the other midfielders offer anything like as much. Skippy loses the ball too much, has a touch of a … and runs like his in treacle.

Udogie being back will help whoever is the 6.
Well technically it's no one, as we don't have a player who has the Number 6 squad number....

It's funny, in an age where. Squad numbers have pretty much gone out the window, anything from 15-55 seems ridiculous, we have become obsessed with 'who's playing the Number 6 or Number 8 role' or who's a False 9 or inverted 3....

It feels like everyone is secretly craving the day where we go back to a 1-11 matchday starting line up... Remember when Hoddle used to wear a 4 occasionally, and I'm sure Ricky Villa wore a 9 now and then....? Crazy days!!

Well technically it's no one, as we don't have a player who has the Number 6 squad number....

It's funny, in an age where. Squad numbers have pretty much gone out the window, anything from 15-55 seems ridiculous, we have become obsessed with 'who's playing the Number 6 or Number 8 role' or who's a False 9 or inverted 3....

It feels like everyone is secretly craving the day where we go back to a 1-11 matchday starting line up... Remember when Hoddle used to wear a 4 occasionally, and I'm sure Ricky Villa wore a 9 now and then....? Crazy days!!
What's the alternative? 'Central defensive midfielder'? Because that is arguably less accurate than '6', in that the role is not only 'defensive'. So I could say 'deepest positioned central midfielder' but '6' is easier.

Can’t think of too many times this year when we have been poor and come away with three points so am more than happy to take this result.

As other posters have said, this performance highlights how reliant we are on a number of players to play Angeball effectively.

Spend wisely in Jan and we can push for CL and hopefully a long run in the FA Cup.

Can’t think of too many times this year when we have been poor and come away with three points so am more than happy to take this result.

As other posters have said, this performance highlights how reliant we are on a number of players to play Angeball effectively.

Spend wisely in Jan and we can push for CL and hopefully a long run in the FA Cup.

:levylol:

What's the alternative? 'Central defensive midfielder'? Because that is arguably less accurate than '6', in that the role is not only 'defensive'. So I could say 'deepest positioned central midfielder' but '6' is easier.
It's more about using numbers to describe position, in a day and age where ACTUAL numbers are irrelevant!
Bentancur is a '30'... That's his number... We don't HAVE a number 6... because it's not in the squad list...
If a player is playing the 'number 6' role, then GIVE him the number 6 shirt!

But that notion is long gone, 'cos little Jimmy Stubbins wants a number 30 with his favourite player's name on...

Numbers to describe players' positions is as antiquated as expecting a Chopper Harris style player to come along and not spend half the season suspended...

it's an antiquated notion that some are still clinging onto.

pedantic rant over!

Yesterday summed up where our squad is at the moment, the first 30 minutes we were really at it and played some lovely stuff, by the end of the half we were hanging on and it continued into the second half.

We all knew this season is a work in progress after five years of defensive dross but I am genuinely excited about the next couple of transfer windows and then see where we are 12 months from now.

Oh and what a signing vic has been!

Yesterday summed up where our squad is at the moment, the first 30 minutes we were really at it and played some lovely stuff, by the end of the half we were hanging on and it continued into the second half.

We all knew this season is a work in progress after five years of defensive dross but I am genuinely excited about the next couple of transfer windows and then see where we are 12 months from now.

One thing we have done impressively is replace certain legendary players. After King retired we got Vertonghen. Lloris has his critics but in my opinion has been pretty incredible as a signing, and we have brought in Vic who looks like a star in the making.

Could even go back to Modric being replaced by Dembele.

One of them was against 10 men forest fella......when we start worrying about Solanke is the day we need to give up......🤷‍♂️....they may have to worry about Son, Kulusevski, Richy......

Have you been watching our games? Forest gave us a better game than the scoreline suggested and Son, Deki and Richarlison are running on empty. Whether you think I'm giving them too much credit or not, it's a FACT that they have more points from the last six games, are playing incredibly well and Solanke is scoring loads of goals.

We are struggling in games, especially in second halves. These next two games are banana skins and getting ahead then holding on with our reserve players will only work for so long; it already didn't work for the games leading up to City.

We played the majority of the 2nd half with 5 of our 6 defensive players who wouldn't get in the side if everyone was fit. No club in the world would be able to cope with that amount of changes. Also, when our better players see what is behind them, their game changes as the confidence goes.

For the amount of injuries and suspensions we have had to cope with, i'd say we are doing brilliantly. 4 points off top spot with half a team..

Have you been watching our games? Forest gave us a better game than the scoreline suggested and Son, Deki and Richarlison are running on empty. Whether you think I'm giving them too much credit or not, it's a FACT that they have more points from the last six games, are playing incredibly well and Solanke is scoring loads of goals.

We are struggling in games, especially in second halves. These next two games are banana skins and getting ahead then holding on with our reserve players will only work for so long; it already didn't work for the games leading up to City.
I agree Brighton away is tricky, but Bournemouth at home??....we should be winning at a canter....

Back
Top Bottom