Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only 4 months left of the season!

Charlie Day Ok GIF
Bald Cunt better deliver, next month.

Not enough changes. This is one of Ange's few flaws.

Through the most of second half, we have played like shit and he doesn't do anything about it. Why Johnson is still playing is a mystery. Deki is tired. Porro doesn't contribute when we're not playing more aggressive. Son looks sluggish (and tired). And so on.
You’ve named 4 players there. You know there is no limit on subs right?

We got away with it today, and last week to be fair, but I suppose winning whilst not playing well is a good thing.
If we can get everyone back soon, then the team could finish quite strongly, especially if a couple come in during the window.

Fuck me - still recovering. Just off the tube and into a pub near Warren Street. Only half way home but felt I needed a few beers to calm down.

The enormous sense of relief at the final whistle was palpable! Effectively our second string - half hobbling, the other half knackered - clung on there.

Credit to Everton - they came to play and not defend. Thought we looked slightly devoid of ideas today and very sloppy with the ball.

Won’t complain. Another 3pts with half a team yet to return.

Best bit of the day was saying Merry Christmas to Mrs Perryman and meeting Nutter Naylor and 1882….

COYS

We got away with it today, and last week to be fair, but I suppose winning whilst not playing well is a good thing.
If we can get everyone back soon, then the team could finish quite strongly, especially if a couple come in during the window.
When other clubs do it, it's the "Hallmark of Champions"
... when WE do it, we 'got away with it'...

Subtle difference, but it's clear and obvious when you think about it...

Either we ARE or we AREN'T!

WHICH is it?

This is one of those games that need to be watched again to understand what happened. Obviously, some part of it is simply that Everton is better than we probably gave them credit for going in.

They made a tactical change after the second goal and we kept playing the same way and didn’t counter it at all. That’s all there was to it.

I didn't enjoy that one bit.

Really hanging on at the end there, but i'll say this about today, In years gone past, spurs would've capitulated under that pressure, and no doubt would've lost, so to win that one is massive progress.

With all the injuries and suspensions, we will have to dig in for a few more weeks, but if we can grind out wins like today and hang in there, there could be something special coming to this club very soon.
I really do think , with everyone available , we are a match for anyone

Could be a great finale , yet

Fuck me - still recovering. Just off the tube and into a pub near Warren Street. Only half way home but felt I needed a few beers to calm down.

The enormous sense of relief at the final whistle was palpable! Effectively our second string - half hobbling, the other half knackered - clung on there.

Credit to Everton - they came to play and not defend. Thought we looked slightly devoid of ideas today and very sloppy with the ball.

Won’t complain. Another 3pts with half a team yet to return.

Best bit of the day was saying Merry Christmas to Mrs Perryman and meeting Nutter Naylor and 1882….

COYS

Mutual mate.

Just seen it again, he was slightly but not completely unsighted.

The lino was ten yards away.

You wouldn't believe the absolute nonse-sense from Keys and Gray though. Not a foul in any sense ("very slight contact", nowhere near enough for Royal to "throw himself to the floor" says Gray) according to them, the ref should have grown a pair and told VAR to fuck off.

:skipwtf:

Everton fans seem to agree.

Spanish commentary thought it was as clearly a foul as it gets and they had no dog in the fight.

Back
Top Bottom