Everton [H] Sat 23 Dec, 3pm... oooooooh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is zero excuse to not give the Odegaard handball.
Can't agree with that - he slipped, so you could argue that his hand went down naturally and instinctively to protect himself. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that, just that it is a possible interpretation. There have been probably 50 or more worse VAR calls this season in the PL than not giving a penalty there.

Not a bad ball from Son. Brennan didn't fancy the challenge on him and slowed up. And then they scored straight afterwards. Brennan needs to man up.
BJ did well with the cross but missed a sitter bcos he wasn’t committed enough going for the ball. Then multiple times he chickens out of the challenge. What have we paid £50M for. MGW is a much better player and we got this weaklin?

Can't agree with that - he slipped, so you could argue that his hand went down naturally and instinctively to protect himself. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with that, just that it is a possible interpretation. There have been probably 50 or more worse VAR calls this season in the PL than not giving a penalty there.

The rules are to blame for this one........ Handball demands nuance in judgement sometimes.

Sometimes you have to look at the extent of the advantage gained; not just perceivable intent and 'natural bodyshape'.

Why do we look tired?

It’s the Christmas period, we’ve got a game every few days and we’re struggling with injuries and suspensions
We had 8 days gap! They played midweek and went to pens. Some like skipp, royal, PEH, dier should be full of running. Hardly played but should no desire to get stuck in or show some energy.

MOTD coverage of our game...
WOW
..... just WOW!

All about Everton, not a single moments analysis about us....

Keep it under the radar boys, we might just shock the World yet!
Didn’t even show replays of our goals. Lineker managed to get a snide comment in about Ange always looking down when interviewed though. What a twat.

He did slip, and it is natural to try to catch yourself; but he absolutely gained advantage by completely controlling the ball.

THFC have now scored in their last 30 Premier League matches - the longest ongoing run in the competition. The club are also the only side to score in all their league games this campaign.

You’ll never sing that.
To be fair, that is a lot to sing!
Wondered where you'd got to. Managed to meet up with Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor , 1882 1882 , Spurshaker Spurshaker , Henry Hotspur Henry Hotspur and MiddxSpur .
However, sorry chaps, highlight of the day was seeing Paul (Maxie) Miller on the platform at Northumberland Park and we had a lovely, long chat all the way to Stratford. We shared memories about living in Bethnal Green and not having a bathroom and sharing an outside loo!
Hang on, you shared an outside loo with PAUL MILLER? You've NEVER mentioned that before!!

They were the better side, it’s to be expected.
So were plenty of other teams today, but they showed THEIR goals!!

To only highlight the losing team without once mentioning the team that won is pretty much unheard of for MOTD... But not where Spurs are involved in winning, it seems!

For fuck sake someone close down a cross ffs
We don’t stop any crosses today which is criminal. We all know what Everton’s tactics are like mainly putting balls into the box. Although they did play some decent stuff. This was mainly due to no one actually pressing today. Front 3 did nothing and midfield even less. Skipp did a bit 2nd half. However we just let them play the ball wide time and again with defender in sight bco our FBs were inverted. Surely anyone could see the space we gave them yet did nothing. The same happened v wolves and Villa. We must change our tactics a little bit to deny the space out wide. When we have the ball the back 2 and vic pass to each other more than any other team I reckon. The FBs are hidden in field behind thier midfield so never available for a pass. May be have one inverted but having two just means we are so narrow. Also means if pass out wide especially to Johnson his facing OUR goal with a defender up his arse and his so weak can never do anything g.

Ange has already said countless times, he doesn't give a shit how pretty on the eye the football is if we aren't winning matches.

It's not the manager, it's the players, we have shit depth, the drop off in quality from first team to bench is huge imo.
Then yell at them at HT or during the gane. We came out 2nd half exactly how we finished first.

Fuck me that was some real bollocks today.

Make shift back 4, but the midfield looks so weak when we play with a CM2 against a team that don't just park a bus, especially without Bissouma.

That front four were so fucking easy to walk past. I think it even surprised Everton how fucking easy it was to play through us. And we were just standing off them in deeper areas and allowing them to sling in cross after cross.

And the lack of quality and intelligence in attacking situations from all four attackers was fucking terrible. Kulusevski bumbled his way through the whole game, he was no help at all when we were trying to play out, and Son reminded us of that bad Son that we hadn't seen for a few months, some of the simple fucking passes he fucked up were shocking. The miss from Johnson.

Watch Dier on the goal that was disallowed and explain to me his fucking thought process. He literally watches the play unfold and makes no attempt to close out the danger he can see unfolding until it's way too late.

I get that this is early in the process, we are missing our better players, and lost another at HT, and hopefully we will get better as a collective and have better individuals in the system, but fuck a doodle do this was a perfect storm of shitness, and generally, we have been fucking ropey all season defensively. Our expected goals against is in the bottom 8.

Today was a good glimpse as to how important Bissouma is, and Maddison can't get back quick enough either, the difference in overall contribution both with and without the ball, between Kulusevski centrally over Maddison is fucking massive.

I think it's going to be a long month or so.

Back
Top Bottom