Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah this is exactly how gaslighting works. I'm really going to do my best to be polite. But if you are in earnest you are definitely part of the problem. How do you know Tabsoba or any center-half did NOT want to join?

The name is a proxy for treating the squad in proper manner. So fixate all you want on that name if it helps you obfuscate. Levy would be proud. The injury to VDV is one hundred percent part of our predicament because his speed is essential to the way we defend and no matter how willing Davis and Royal are they do not have the requirements. I don't know if you go to games? I do, I stopped under Conte but over very many years I've put my money into the club and I want that spent on the team.

. You can hide behind all the guff you want, we have NOT coped without VDV bollocks to that. Our squad was undercooked with holes in the squad: Maddison, VDV, Udoggie. and a central midfield player all where needed but Levy as usual made do and left his coach with an arm tied behind his back. I very rarely agree with you and this is no different.
How do you know that Tapsoba wanted to join Spurs and that Leverkusen were willing to sell him? If so, why didn't it happen? Since you seem so sure about it maybe you have some info we others don't.
How can van de Ven be 100 % part of the reason for Spurs' predicament? So it got 0% to do with Spurs lack of goal scoring capacity? 0 % to do with Maddison and Bentancur being out injured?
The 2 goals scored by WH yesterday was not at all down to lack of speed in the Spurs defense but rather 2 lucky ricochets (first Romero and then Davies) and a terrible back pass (and a lucky rebound off the post). Not even van de Ven could have prevented that.
I did NOT say - as you are hinting - that Spurs are not missing van de Ven. Nor did I say that I am happy with Spurs' CB covers. All I am saying is that I do not expect Spurs to spend £60-70m on Tapsoba (who may wanna join a bigger clubs than Spurs anyway). But if you believe Spurs will, then time will prove one of us wrong....
I have no problem with you disagreeing with most of what I say. Not at all. The same goes to you - we are simply different.

Can’t work out why we want IIing Junior, lack,of goals, hardly any assists and no real striker to finish his assists. We need a centre forward and a goal threat on the wing. Kulusevski needs to play more centrally ,a challenger and rotational player with Maddison.Sell PEH, sell Lo Celso, Richarlison amd Gil. Get in a centreback, a central midfielder, a winger and a centre forward.

Then we either change them two around, play someone else there or vary the tactics and approach every now and then. I still don’t get why we don’t try to switch play more with long balls like walker does for city it ATT. Even try a ball over the top say towards Johnson to use his pace. Get the oppo facing there own box instead of everything played in front of them mostly at snail pace. Cuti is one of the main at that where his at stand still / walking pace with the ball. I don’t see many of the top teams doing that!
And Cuti has a killer long ball too. Did wonders with Cuti to Kane to Son in Conte's first season.

How do you know that Tapsoba wanted to join Spurs and that Leverkusen were willing to sell him? If so, why didn't it happen? Since you seem so sure about it maybe you have some info we others don't.
How can van de Ven be 100 % part of the reason for Spurs' predicament? So it got 0% to do with Spurs lack of goal scoring capacity? 0 % to do with Maddison and Bentancur being out injured?
The 2 goals scored by WH yesterday was not at all down to lack of speed in the Spurs defense but rather 2 lucky ricochets (first Romero and then Davies) and a terrible back pass (and a lucky rebound off the post). Not even van de Ven could have prevented that.
I did NOT say - as you are hinting - that Spurs are not missing van de Ven. Nor did I say that I am happy with Spurs' CB covers. All I am saying is that I do not expect Spurs to spend £60-70m on Tapsoba (who may wanna join a bigger clubs than Spurs anyway). But if you believe Spurs will, then time will prove one of us wrong....
I have no problem with you disagreeing with most of what I say. Not at all. The same goes to you - we are simply different.
Are you short on bloody comprehension? He is not the only bloody center-half I told you he's a fucking proxy! And how do you know he didn't! Like said more bloody obfuscation! Don't @me your boring.

I'm hoping to see us batter these cods as thoroughly as they deserve to be battered. They get way with it far too often.

Let's give them the shellacking they so thoroughly deserve.

Battered, then shellacked, in case you're wondering.
Seems we decided to batter them and then shellack ourselves unfortunately.

Are you short on bloody comprehension? He is not the only bloody center-half I told you he's a fucking proxy! And how do you know he didn't! Like said more bloody obfuscation! Don't @me your boring.
Having a logical conversation isn't your strongest point I can see :D
I can't say that you're exactly fun and rational though - but you may think so in your own delusion

Can’t work out why we want IIing Junior, lack,of goals, hardly any assists and no real striker to finish his assists. We need a centre forward and a goal threat on the wing. Kulusevski needs to play more centrally ,a challenger and rotational player with Maddison.Sell PEH, sell Lo Celso, Richarlison amd Gil. Get in a centreback, a central midfielder, a winger and a centre forward.
From what I get (but I may be wrong) they see Illing-Junior as a LB and not as a WF.

Mate people seemed utterly offended. When I was insisting getting two Centerbacks (Tabsoba and VDV) was not some kind of freaking luxury. All this guff about can't upset VDV or Romero, or people won't want to sign with out guarantees. I think baldies greatest coup has been to thoroughly gaslight the fan base. It was tiresomely obvious that the injuries we have had would happen.
I actually despise the fast growing crop of Children of the Corn-esque gonad-head lickers, as much as the Bald Cunt, himself.

Toxic rot.

thinktank thinktank : you disagreed with the above.
1 point out of 15, no win in November. LLLDL. Which part is working in your honest opinion?
The part where we were running shit, out the gate, until our injury /suspension crisis (with a brand new gaffer who had only been here a handful of months, with a totally broken squad), because THAT BALD FUCKING CUNT DID NOT PROPERLY PROVIDE FOR YET ANOTHER FUCKING MANAGER!!!!

Anyone pretending they don't understand what's at the heart of what's occurring, I just have no fucking time for.

Then we either change them two around, play someone else there or vary the tactics and approach every now and then. I still don’t get why we don’t try to switch play more with long balls like walker does for city it ATT. Even try a ball over the top say towards Johnson to use his pace. Get the oppo facing there own box instead of everything played in front of them mostly at snail pace. Cuti is one of the main at that where his at stand still / walking pace with the ball. I don’t see many of the top teams doing that!
because the slow pace ANge-ball multi passing allows the opp to regroup and congest the last qtr of the pitch. all that unnecessary lateral passing kills our momentum and scoring chances- whilst the same in our last qtr is giving rise to errors and give-away goals

We're on the verge of achieving the worst sequence of results in the football club's history
We also had the best start in the clubs recent history. We didn’t need to give him a 10 year extension then and we don’t need to panic now.

Give it time and relax JT. Don’t conflate your Levy and Enic issues with putting unnecessary pressure on Ange at this point.

The part where we were running shit, out the gate, until our injury /suspension crisis (with a brand new gaffer who had only been here a handful of months, with a totally broken squad), because THAT BALD FUCKING CUNT DID NOT PROPERLY PROVIDE FOR YET ANOTHER FUCKING MANAGER!!!!

Anyone pretending they don't understand what's at the heart of what's occurring, I just have no fucking time for.
I don't have time.

Before Romero’s goal against WHAM how many goals have we scored from set pieces this year? Not many if any. Last year I thought we had more than all other teams. Gianni Via has left but doesn’t an6 member of the coaching staff remember some of his set pieces?

The real tragedy is put harry kane up top in this team he’d have 25 goals and we’d be top of the league
But did we really create any chances that would have come his way? Son didn’t exactly have ma y chances himself. This constant BS about we need a striker to put the ball in the net. We actually need to create good goal scoring opportunities to do that don’t we? For all the football in the first did we really much in terms of great chances?

In terms of the overall narrative, we can't be unhappy with tonight. We are doing the things that most of us wanted. We are dominating the ball (75% tonight) playing front foot, pass/move football with some risk.

We didn't stop playing at 1-0, we kept pushing for another goal. That's what everyone wanted.

It can often be very difficult to break down a bus park - and West Ham have been doing this for 3-4 seasons now, they have it down - especially when your forward/creatives aren't great.

We are clearly seeing a completely new systematic approach. But until we add some better quality components (ie better players) to the system to better stack the risk/reward odds, we will be see the kind of set backs we've seen against West Ham and Villa.

That was just about as lopsided a bus park skanking as you will see. They created virtually nothing themselves. Both their goals had enormous ricochet luck (yes some iffy play by us as well but fuck me the luck involved was outrageous) that served up two unmissable chances and they even missed one of them only for it to bounce straight back to the cunt.

I get that we are really limited from the bench, it's fucking slim pickings (I really don't know why we bought Veliz either) but I really didn't see the logic of the first subs. He took off one the most likely people to create something - Lo Celso - (who'd also scored last two games) for Skipp? Pushed Son out wide, where he's never effective in bus park games.

This season was always going to be a learning process. I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly Ange has got us playing a clearly discernible style. If we can upgrade some more of the players, the system will work even better hopefully.
Again why does veliz get game time and not donley?
Afaik veliz ain’t been that great in U21s but donley has so why doesn’t offer him the same opportunity has veliz?
If this was under conte or jose all fans would have been screaming blue murder. Remember the cry for parrot to get game time? Plus those who say Ange sees them in training what about actual game time in U21s? Surely that’s the only place to impress in actual game time. That should then be a reward to playing in PL.

People were singing Johnson's praises just a few days ago! Amazing how reactionary people can be.
Not sure why tbh. Ok his done a few good tho gs but no where near enough for the price and a relatively experience Champo / EPL player. Also exactly what real skill set does he bring. He hardly ever takes on his man. Not exactly great passer. Shoot is weak and doesn’t really press or get back to help. Needs to do a lot more!

Back
Top Bottom