Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm hoping to see us batter these cods as thoroughly as they deserve to be battered. They get way with it far too often.

Let's give them the shellacking they so thoroughly deserve.

Battered, then shellacked, in case you're wondering.

I get your point and I accept they have a difficult job. But you have to admit that we have been subjected to several dodgy decisions this season (since the Scousers game - it's like we're being punished for the officials' mistake!
Our players have been kicked to pieces with little or no protection, so yes I do think the refs we've had have been useless and I'm not expecting any better.
I just think that its the same for everyone - swings and roundabouts etc

I just don't believe in agendas, corruption or bias.

It's just that modern technology highlights just how damned difficult it is to referee a football match at the speed modern players move at.

I get your point and I accept they have a difficult job. But you have to admit that we have been subjected to several dodgy decisions this season (since the Scousers game - it's like we're being punished for the officials' mistake!
Our players have been kicked to pieces with little or no protection, so yes I do think the refs we've had have been useless and I'm not expecting any better.
For the absence of doubt, my comments weren't directed at you or a reference to your opinions.
I'm far too in awe of your status as the Queen of TFC to have the cheek to argue, disrespect or challenge your decrees or public announcements.

🤣🤣

I know my place.

For the absence of doubt, my comments weren't directed at you or a reference to your opinions.
I'm far too in awe of your status as the Queen of TFC to have the cheek to argue, disrespect or challenge your decrees or public announcements.

🤣🤣

I know my place.
If you collapse your position any further you will be nearly as intimidated by Mrs P as I am

absolutely huge game now. can go back level with city and our games to see out the year are fairly favourable, we could win them all. that would put us right back in the mix within 3 points of top. drop points tomo and its completely different tho

After tonight's results we really need to be winning this. It's crazy tight at the top
It's so typical for us that when we have a rough patch (albeit caused mostly by injuries and bad luck), all other matches go against us as well. Sick of seeing dippers and woolwich pull out last minute winners, how many more of those can they possibly achieve between them? And you could have bet your house on Villa beating City tonight, fucking us over doubly (Villa going clear of us, and meaning dippers and woolwich go well clear of City). That always seems to happen in games between other teams that are sort of six pointers / double impact for us / our 'enemies'. So, another disastrous week of results for us in terms of other matches - let's just hope we do the business tomorrow night and hence keep ourselves in the mix. Normally I'd be very confident, to be honest I probably still am, but we've been so unfortunate in so many ways recently that I certainly won't be taking anything for granted.

One thing is for certain though - if we play Ange's way for the rest of the season then we'll surely be in the mix for a top 4 place. Let's hope that starts with 3 points in each of the next few (all winnable) games...

🤣🤣

I know my place.
That's good to hear Mick, you can now get off your knees. ;)
All joking aside, and I know I'm biased, but we have had some truly dreadful officials recently.

Back
Top Bottom