Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Romero back!

Come on you Fucking Spurs

Vicario

Porro Romero Davies Udogie

Bissouma Hojbjeg Lo Celso

Kulusevski Son Johnson

3-0 Spurs

Bissouma's form has fallen off since his red card. I think he might play Hojbjerg instead, especially against West Ham who don't press that aggressively.

Bissouma's form has fallen off since his red card. I think he might play Hojbjerg instead, especially against West Ham who don't press that aggressively.
Fair point - would still play Bissouma as the DM but this could be a game to play Hij. Don’t like the thought of him and GLC plus Biss though

I'd try to play him back into form...... We're gonna have to breach their lines at some point and he's the perfect guy to dribble and brush off their stodgy MFers.

If we're gonna beat Newcastle at the weekend we need our MF to be on-point.

Vicario
Porro
Romero
Davies
Udogie
Bissouma
PEH
LoCelso
Kulusevski
Son
Johnson
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Romero Davies Udogie
Bissouma PEH
LoCelso
Kulusevski Son Johnson
[/lineup]

Almost guaranteed this is the setup. Richy not fit to play more than 10-15 by this time I’d imagine. We looked quite good against City in the 2nd half once we brought on PEH for Gil.

A lot of the players looked knackered at the end of the game.

Good news we have 4 days to recover, but just under 3 days later we play Newcastle (H) (and then a 5 day break).

I'd imagine Ange will want to give a few of the players a rest - but there are not too any options with our injuries. This is the squad from today to which Romero will definitely be back for and maybe Sarr.

Vicario, Pedro Porro, Royal, Davies, Udogie, Bissouma (Richarlison 87), Kulusevski, Lo Celso (Skipp 85), Johnson (Donley 90+6), Son (c), Bryan (Hojbjerg 46).
Substitutes (not used): Forster, Austin, Dorrington, Santiago, Veliz.

So I'd guess Romero takes Royal's position in today's line up with Sarr most likely on the bench to rotate in to rest one of the midfielders or conceivably to start in Bryan's position given Bryan was relatively ineffective today (although involved in a goal today). Or Kulusevski moves to right AM with Johnson left with Sarr taking Kulusevski place as a cm

Otherwise, with those changes, its likely to be a similar line up to today - but I fancy a few earlier subs to rest players a little for Sunday's game v Newcastle.

Vicario
Porro - Romero - Davies - Udogie
Kulusevski - Bissouma - Lo Celso
Johnson - Son - Gil
I'd go with this tbh.

Back four picks itself with Romero coming back in. I really like Kulusevski in the middle tbh. We're going to be dominating the ball and West Ham will likely sit back so having the width of Johnson and Gil to stretch will be important.

Think everything clicks here tbh. 3-1 Tottenham

Biggest danger is Kudus, though I think we'll be fine just by dominating possession. And their set pieces. Ward Prowse is always a danger and it seems to be a weak spot of ours. They're a physical bunch.

Sadly I don’t think Gil will be able handle West Ham’s physicality and Hojberg can be quite good against non-pressing sides. So Gil out for Hojberg - otherwise same starting 11 as yesterday. Hopefully Sarr and Richy available to be our first subs for up to 30 minutes if needed.

Last edited:
Vicario
Porro - Romero - Davies - Udogie
Kulusevski - Bissouma - Lo Celso
Johnson - Son - Gil
I'd go with this tbh.

Back four picks itself with Romero coming back in. I really like Kulusevski in the middle tbh. We're going to be dominating the ball and West Ham will likely sit back so having the width of Johnson and Gil to stretch will be important.

Think everything clicks here tbh. 3-1 Tottenham

Biggest danger is Kudus, though I think we'll be fine just by dominating possession. And their set pieces. Ward Prowse is always a danger and it seems to be a weak spot of ours. They're a physical bunch.
Don’t give them the ball. We should be brave and control the ball, certainly good enough to limit them to a few corners

As woeful as PEH is, he’s alright when he’s not the DM taking the ball off the back four/GK. I wouldn’t start him tbh but don’t think it’s suicide to play him if Bissouma is DM

Richarlison back on the left and Gil back on the bench for me. Oh god we need to strengthen in January based on this being an exciting change.

Back
Top Bottom