Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh
Nah, I’m sure less anally retentive people know what I’m mean.

Kulu was good against Villa and City in that role. He looked like he was finding his feet in what he’s said is his preferred role. So instead he goes back to dithering in the wings.
He was moved out wide against city in 2nd half where we were much improved

I still believe Ange will get there (but not with this group of players). He needs a couple of transfer windows to get what he needs in the right areas.

Yes, I'll get frustrated with individual results like last night, but this morning I'm back to seeing the bigger picture.

I’ve said that before.
You won then!
room bath GIF

Disappointed by the second half performance and the result.
We need a striker, simple as that and that's on Levy as per usual.
First half we were on fire but lacked the goal threat, Son , Kulusevski and Johnson in particular were tame.
However, we gifted the two goals and that is unacceptable.
Totally agree with that. We need more creativity movement and speed in the final quarter. We have some quick players, but last night only one ball in behind (to Richie) in the whole game. One. Was too predictable. I trust in Ange, and he knows this is not good enough.

That game was painful. What’s so frustrating is that even with our injuries we still are up in these games and can’t see them out. The last 4 games are like Groundhog Day for fucks sake. We need to put more balls in the box from the wings. Porro seemed to be the only one doing that and it created the most chances in the last 15 minute.

We start these games flying out the gate. Reality is if we can’t put 2 or 3 away in the first 30 min we run out of gas second half like clockwork. That’s partially down to our squad depth. Still, having something like 70 percent of possession in the first half and only being up 1-0 up is unacceptable. We are wayyyy to predictable right now. I’m a patient fan but these games are really annoying at the moment.

We gifted them that game. West Ham were shit.
AGreed. Kulu also needs to draw the fouls in the box more. Wish he'd learnt something from Kane on that front.

Second half was the worst performance I've seen from us this season. Too predictable and no conviction.

Anyone turning on Ange is wrong though. He has implemented a style in 4 months. Being top of the league was just luck of other results. 5th-8th is a realistic aim, anything more is a bonus. He's lost 2 of his signings, and our main players. January is here soon, get a couple of reinforcements in, and Madders and VDV back. I'm confident and fully trust in Ange.

Yes, I’m still on side with Ange. Last night was a poor performance but we were very much the victim of bad luck.
But I’m going to be looking for some good developments in the next transfer window, too many of our players are just not good enough for the top level. We’ve only really lost three good players to injury at the moment so when we get those back we will still not be good enough to win trophies.
But I’m still very much supportive of Ange!

We're on the verge of achieving the worst sequence of results in the football club's history
We're also 5th in the league 3 points behind man city with a bunch of key players out and a young squad. Why are you focusing on short term results, when we all knew this would take time. We could easily have won 3 or 4 of the games we lost but for our finishing/makeshift defence...

Just saw the literal translation of 'Spursy' on the BBC

• Tottenham are the first side in Premier League history to score first in five successive games and win none of them. They are also the first side to lose three successive homes matches in the competition having scored first in all three.

You really couldn't make us up!

I'm still fuming at the way we let them snatch all three points yesterday. No point in having most of the play if we don't put away our chances!
I really don't like the constant passing in our area, just asking for trouble - do it further up the pitch.
Although not as obvious in previous games, still felt like we were punished for shoulder charges and they got away with a few fouls.
And who made them European champions, I thought that was citeh??

My point was that it would have been the same performance except for a couple of small details!
Yes, that's why it was a tricky question. Glad I slept on it and didn't let the Pinot Grigio answer for me. You know, it was a good question and I think your suggestion is correct - all we needed was a couple of goals and it would have been the right performance (except for the brainfarts in defence). Sadly, with this bunch of players, it was never going to happen, was it?

Santa - please bring us a proper striker for Christmas.

Just saw the literal translation of 'Spursy' on the BBC

• Tottenham are the first side in Premier League history to score first in five successive games and win none of them. They are also the first side to lose three successive homes matches in the competition having scored first in all three.

You really couldn't make us up!
Come On You Spursys!

Let's be honest it's a rare season where it's so open else spurs would be miles off the pace we are very lucky to be where we are. The Liverpool game Sheffield United game last minute and I could name a few others. It's about results the game nobody will look back and say they played well we are making history with how games we are loosing it's not good when people are paying good money to see it

Back
Top Bottom