Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

U said "WINNING" and "formula".......... Wanna try again?

Kulu @ #10 was one game where a) we didn't win and b) our play vastly improved when we reverted to a 3 man MF of Biss, GLC & PEH.
Nah, I’m sure less anally retentive people know what I’m mean.

Kulu was good against Villa and City in that role. He looked like he was finding his feet in what he’s said is his preferred role. So instead he goes back to dithering in the wings.

Their first goal was bizarre, a crazy piece of luck. And their second goal was directly from a stupid backpass.
With neither of those and Richy header goes in like it would for pretty much most half decent forwards, we win 2-0 and I wonder if we would be so disdainful of the performance?

Prbly not bcos his so far in field his never out wide left to cross. Add two wingers on opposite side to their natural foot we have zero crossing. Less said about kulus crossing the better.
its a huge fucking problem to us right now. teams will love that we dont cross the ball or have anyone in the middle to get onto one. never have to panic.

Of course we are and any team losing so many players like that would be affected

........And it's literally only just started to improve too what with Rich, Gil & BJ also having been hurt (and Son & Madz playing hurt through the first 10+ gamea).

+ Romero & Udogie bans.

Schooled by David fucking Moyes

This is definitely one of those low moments
Thing is Ange is gonna get this a lot more. We were lucky to start the season like we did. Remember Leeds when they first came up started ok but 2nd season fell off. I hope I’m wrong but Ange has got to show more as a coach than simply say “this is who we are”. How many ficki g times have we scored more than 2 goals in a game this season? Just twice and we drew 3-3 and the other v Burnley where we still let in 2 and they were getting walloped in most games. Have we won many games 2-0? Ange is great but to me if this carries on with no real change in tactics, personnel, formations, tweaks in games then I can only see this going one way. Look we only fucking beat SU 2-1 with two injury time winners with our first 11. They just got smashed 5-0 by Burnley.

What was what? .........To park the bus after 25 mins and our first goal?
His narrow build up from the back seems fundamentally flawed. Too often a defender is alone and looking for a pass, and the FBs are narrow, in the shadow of the opposition forwards, and so we have to watch Vicario standing around with one foot resting on the ball.

He tried a double pivot today, and that didn't really work either in buildup (though it seemed to work great for pressing and regaining possession), cos the FBs were going narrow.

We are crying out for width up and down the length of the pitch. We are quite good at tippy tappy football now so it works, but it's like we're making extra work for ourselves and then using technical skill to overcome it, to gain very little.

The FBs can surely drop narrower in the second phase of buildup, and still have the effect Ange wants.

I think he’s quite open and honest about it.

He has a fundamentally Corinthian approach to the game. Putting on a show and playing in the ‘right way’.

ENIC are going to have to both hold their nerve and back him.

.....So are the fans having banged on about Spurs DNA for the last 3/4 years [insert fave Bill Nick quote here].

6 weeks since we won a game.
Getting tedious.

20th in the league for last 5 games form.

Don't care how many injuries we have or what opposition. When we are below Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton on last 5 form there's no excuse.

Not to go down a melt road because I’m sure we will be fine.

BUT

I’m convinced the Spurs business model is based on the fact that negative emotions are more addictive than positive ones.

Going to fuck the season off for a bit until we start winning. Not bothering with any other prem games either. It’s all a bit numb and meh this year.
Dear god

NO the real.problem is this system only works if you have the right players. We only have 11 so when you bring in Skipp, Gil, etc it all goes to shit.

Let's not pretend that if everyone was fit; Gil & Skipp would be first off the bench.........

Fact is they'd likely not even make the matchday squad.

It's always very difficult playing against a team playing 'anti-football' Mourinho tactics. West Ham didn't make any mistakes tonight; and we did.

It's a head scratcher when results are so bad, but the team is playing well. Our wide players are really struggling to put the right ball into the box. Both our wingers tend to cut inside, and put an inswinging cross into the box; which doesn't seem to be playing to our strikers skill set to attack the ball.

I'd prefer if we went the Liverpool and City route of running the ball to the line and pulling it back to the late runners into the box.

It should hopefully only take some minor tweaks to turn around this run of form.

Thing is Ange is gonna get this a lot more. We were lucky to start the season like we did. Remember Leeds when they first came up started ok but 2nd season fell off. I hope I’m wrong but Ange has got to show more as a coach than simply say “this is who we are”. How many ficki g times have we scored more than 2 goals in a game this season? Just twice and we drew 3-3 and the other v Burnley where we still let in 2 and they were getting walloped in most games. Have we won many games 2-0? Ange is great but to me if this carries on with no real change in tactics, personnel, formations, tweaks in games then I can only see this going one way. Look we only fucking beat SU 2-1 with two injury time winners with our first 11. They just got smashed 5-0 by Burnley.
Didnt ange just tweak players and tactics on sunday away to the european and league champions with half a team?
Melt

We need to all remember this is Ange’s first season implementing a radically different play style to what we have been playing with for several years and we have lost our 2 best midfielders and starting centre back to long term injury - it’s tough going for Ange but I have full faith in the project.
One of those midfielders he never really has as he was injured already.

Such a painful, painful result. First time we’ve lost 3 home games in a row since 2004…

Ange’s honeymoon period is very much over. I’m a huge fan of his but he’s not a miracle worker. There are still far too many turds in that team to allow us to be confident of avoiding results like this, and to compound that fact is he has lost the best turd polisher in the team over the last number of seasons (Kane) with no replacement given to him.

He’s up shits creek with no canoe.
What’s sadder is he will have the fans turning on him & wanting him out. Despite the fact he never had the tools to succeed like those who came before. They always turn on the manager.

Back
Top Bottom