Tottenham Hotspur vs West Ham United. Thursday the 7th of December 2023 at 20:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got our Tottenham back...

Those fans chanting that deserve everything. The cuckold mentality of bending over for ENIC is embedded in our club.

Kane gone and we sign Brennan Johnson.

Levy and ENIC have done well finding so many mugs who are happy to pay top dollar for crap.
The only person letting ENIC off is you for blaming the fans for having the audacity to enjoy watching their team instead of focusing your ire on ENIC themselves.

I hate this fan blaming shite.

I thought we’d beat both West Ham and Newcastle but after tonight I think we’ll lose both games. We just don’t learn.

Everton did us a solid tonight but we fucked that away.

I did expect NC to start to run out of steam as they weathered their own injury problems but I can't imagine them being leaky and shit two games in a row.

We'll only beat them with a proper performance; for which tonight was the rehearsal.

It just seems it's not difficult to score against us atm. Van der ven is big loss but some other players have to take responsibility. Teams break our press were easy to score against. Villa goals were easy. Dominating games but cant defend atm. Simple as that.

It’s bollocks

We all knew at 1 nil we needed another 3, I was texting my pikey mates telling them this.

Why the fuck can’t Ange play to the situation, instead of burying his head in the sand

Which was what? .........To park the bus after 25 mins and our first goal?

Last edited:
I love him, but he never grabs games like this by the scruff of the neck.

They should be fucking disgusted losing at home to these pricks. Instead, nothing.

Gio was our best player tonight.
Why was Gio taken off and BJ abd kulu left on? Could have pushed Gio further forward.

I think most of us would have accepted an improvement in the football, a visible longer term plan and team building and top 6 at the start of the season.

The first 10 games raised expectations to an absurd level though even though we rode our luck in several of those. I dont think our football was any better in those than against Villa, City or first half tonight. It would just be nice to be a bit more resilient though and tonight is a real pisser
Exactly, we are heading in the right direction, that's clear to see. My man utd supporting mate just sent me a screenshot of the prem table saying: spurs and Newcastle clubs on the up, man utd in crisis...standards. Well I wouldn't swap what we've got going with Ange for what they have with ETH.

Yeah we've still got a long way to go but this is not like other false dawns that we've got carried away with before.

As I study this video of our offense in the final third, it just seems to me that we need to be more creative, e.g. more movement, overlaps, etc.

The Walking Dead Zombies GIF by AMC Latinoamérica

In terms of the overall narrative, we can't be unhappy with tonight. We are doing the things that most of us wanted. We are dominating the ball (75% tonight) playing front foot, pass/move football with some risk.

We didn't stop playing at 1-0, we kept pushing for another goal. That's what everyone wanted.

It can often be very difficult to break down a bus park - and West Ham have been doing this for 3-4 seasons now, they have it down - especially when your forward/creatives aren't great.

We are clearly seeing a completely new systematic approach. But until we add some better quality components (ie better players) to the system to better stack the risk/reward odds, we will be see the kind of set backs we've seen against West Ham and Villa.

That was just about as lopsided a bus park skanking as you will see. They created virtually nothing themselves. Both their goals had enormous ricochet luck (yes some iffy play by us as well but fuck me the luck involved was outrageous) that served up two unmissable chances and they even missed one of them only for it to bounce straight back to the cunt.

I get that we are really limited from the bench, it's fucking slim pickings (I really don't know why we bought Veliz either) but I really didn't see the logic of the first subs. He took off one the most likely people to create something - Lo Celso - (who'd also scored last two games) for Skipp? Pushed Son out wide, where he's never effective in bus park games.

This season was always going to be a learning process. I'm actually quite surprised at how quickly Ange has got us playing a clearly discernible style. If we can upgrade some more of the players, the system will work even better hopefully.

"We'll be running round Tottenham with our Willies hanging out, We'll be running round Tottenham with our Willies hanging out, We'll be running round Tottenham, running round Tottenham, running round Tottenham with our willies hanging out... Singing I'VE GOT A FORESKIN HAVEN'T YOU...? singing I'VE GOT A FORESKIN HAVEN'T YOU?
singing I'VE GOT A FORESKIN, I'VE GOT A FORESKIN... I'VE GOT A FORESKIN HAVEN'T YOU?"

West Ham Fans... Away end... 07/12/23 ... for the record!

Good to know that kinda Anti Semitic mentality still wins games these days...!

Brilliant, well done... So that's Chelsea AND West Ham who have beaten the dirty fucking Jews this season... Well done you!

...who we gotta offend to win some points this season, eh?

Let's abuse the DISABLED.... that's gotta be worth 15 points at LEAST!!

Back
Top Bottom