Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok so here is my take if a fit Bentancur and Kulu start that game with either Skipp or Sarr we would have had a chance to take that game. Which is pretty much been the case from the moment they signed.

We were utterly unable to progress the ball back to front with Sanchez Persic Hojbjerg. We couldn't hold it up front with Son or Richarlison and with Lucas we can't build coherent attacking patterns.

Whatever has happened to Son it is permanent. Persic is defensively appallingly and is not physically offering enough , good set peice deliver don't warrant you a place.

Hojbjerg is not mobile enough and though yes he can play a great ball the way he is facing likewise its not enough. These are the primary reasons we lost and till people put down their favoritism and we faze these players out we will continue to go nowhere.

Credit to Eric Dier probably our best player.Which says it bloody all, as he needs to be a bench option.

...and yet Man City, Arse, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea have managed to focus on both in the past, and taken the Cups seriously, whilst still challenging for League Titles/CL Qualification!

...why is it SOOOOO beneath us to care about winning a Cup once in a fucking generation?
Fuck if I know.

Our most deified manager this side of Martin Jol has to shoulder some blame. Poch was pretty clear about not valuing the cups.

You can value all titles. That's a true winning mentality. But we lack that.

I'm depressed enough not to read the previous pages, but I can well imagine how this thread went!
The arrogance of our players was shameful, TBH, just thought we had to turn up to get through.
I'm not going to post my thoughts on the game either, as like the players, don't think I can be bothered.
On the coach home and if we get a good run, should be home by 2am. Think I'll hibernate tomorrow, just know that Romford will be crawling with gooners.
🤬
:(….Safe journey home

I have no confidence in the clubs leadership, scouting or youth development.

I

honestly think I could do a better job at instilling a club culture, vision and strategy than the morons running the club at the moment.

Play brave attacking football. Buy young hungry footballers with a high level technical proficiency. Freshen the squad every year, no players hanging around for 8 years stealing a wage. Hire coaches who play brave attacking football. Start taking calculated financial risks on players who are worth the extra few million. Be prepared to sell players for a loss. And so on.
But you love Levy ,

If the players showed as much passion and put in as much effort as you travelling fans do , we wouldn’t be in this situation Mrs P . They should hang their heads in shame . Safe journey home
If they did or cared they wouldnt put in these performances time after time.
For some reason only they know these players think they have the god given right to turn up and win these games. Once again our so called leaders dissappear

Dier was the best of the three

Not saying much but how there can be a thread made regarding diers individual performance when Sanchez looked like he’d been paid by a sheff united fan is laughable

Plenty at fault for the goal as well as Dier

PEH
Sanchez
Forster

Sell all four would be my choice and that’s just tonight’s defence
Tanganga needs to go as he just hasn’t worked out

Then you start on the rest which has all been said before

Far easier deciding who to keep imv

Ok so here is my take if a fit Bentancur and Kulu start that game with either Skipp or Sarr we would have had a chance to take that game. Which is pretty much been the case from the moment they signed.

We were utterly unable to progress the ball back to front with Sanchez Persic Hojbjerg. We couldn't hold it up front with Son or Richarlison and with Lucas we can't build coherent attacking patterns.

Whatever has happened to Son it is permanent. Persic is defensively appallingly and is not physically offering enough , good set peice deliver don't warrant you a place.

Hojbjerg is not mobile enough and though yes he can play a great ball the way he is facing likewise its not enough. These are the primary reasons we lost and till people put down their favoritism and we faze these players out we will continue to go nowhere.

Credit to Eric Dier probably our best player.
Totally agree. Perisic needs to be given a free in the summer and i would listen to offers for both Son and Hojbjerg. Sanchez a given that he needs to go and thankfully Moura is off. So much work to do its scary.

Today is 100% on these cunt players

I can’t even blame Levy or Conte
manager has to take blame with the state of that team. that back 3 serves up disaster after fucking disaster. it has serious previous for this shit against sides that are poor. even a lenglet breaks the donkeys up and gives the defence someone with a bit of footballing ability who can play clean accurate passes out from deep.

the front 3 never going to work, the two wingers are fucking brain dead, the ST needs service not head down running morons.

the only way we was scoring today was a cross from porro or perisic from that lineup. thats a sad way to go into a game against a championship side.

Back
Top Bottom