Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Real learning experience for young Sanchez. Suarez's movement had him struggling all night. It's a good experience in a way because in Prem games he can get away with being in the wrong position or not reading the play because his speed can cover the ground but an elite forward like Suarez has toyed with better defenders over the years and to combat that a defender has to be more smarter in how they play i.e. knowing when to drop off and to anticipate the play.

When I was 22 I was winning the quadruple on FIFA 08.

Roasted.
giphy.gif

Hate on Sisdoko andxWinks all you want, but I think Lloris has cost us tonight... 2 goals were directly or indirectly down to his continued rush of blood... 2 goals in it!

Shame, cos he's our number1... but not beyond criticism.
That drink driving incident has really messed with him I fear

He was pretty ropey pre-DUI too which suggests the 2 aren't related....

WC winners medal tho.... Hmmmm.

Promise? And if you still think Alderwield is a ‘world class defender’ I don’t really hold up much hope for you as much of a judge. In fact I think you just ramble on about bollocks.
Yep. Promise.
I realise finally that this place is more suited to small minded cunts like you who think Harry Kane is bigger than the club and Spurs fans should just be grateful to be playing on the same pitch as BarcaFuckingLona.

So long fella. And genuine thanks for your support and friendship in the early days.
I've got more serious stuff to deal with right now than fannying around on here for hours on end with the likes of you, Joe.

Oh.. and Come On You Spurs!!!!

:tobyarm:

Last edited:
And the players out with no bench to speak of, it's all down to Levy. And they pay him millions....

When you have 5 first team players out injured and play your bench as starters it's inevitable that the secondary bench will be noticably weaker.

Welcome to the real world.

If ever a game showed off how underrated Busquets truly is, it's that one.

He ran the show. Messi goes away with all the plaudits

I think Tot's quotes are from the post match interview. Mine from the presser.

Either way, Messi, as ever, was the difference.

What was most striking about his performance was his passing. He may be the best passer of the ball I've ever seen. Except Tom Huddlestone.
Thud was lighter on his feet and more mobile

You know what - fuck the negativity. I love this club; win lose or draw I'm a Yid.

Some cracking goals and nearly the god of all comebacks - I legit enjoyed myself.

Best part of my night?

Singing my bollocks off with the few hardcore that remained in our section to clap the boys off.

"...I know i am; i'm sure i am. I'm TTID"

...Fucking marvelous!

Big shout out to ANYONE that understands what it is to actually SUPPORT their team.

Rest of you plastics can fuck off!

Last edited:
Just got home. Thoroughly enjoyed that, if you didn't for whatever reason I don't think football is for you regardless of the result.

Sometimes you've gotta hold your hands up and say you were beaten by a much better team. Vintage Barcelona or not I still thought they were excellent, Messi obviously but also the little tosser Suarez, Rakitic etc were class.

I do think Dembele would have been the most useful missing player today. We gave it away so much in the first half we could have used his wise shoulders to help calm things down and retain possession.

Thought Winksy started poorly but grew into the game, and it's the sort of match which will only help his development as a player. One of the highlights of the match for me was his tracking back and amazing tackle on Messi.

Great atmosphere tonight, especially in the periods after our goals. Constant standing as well, which I've never experienced at Wembley before. One bizarre incident where a bloke wearing a Madrid shirt kept yelling abuse at Pique and got in a bit of a scrap with a bloke telling him to pipe down, anyone see that?

On a similar front anyone else catch the 3 yids kick the crap out of the mouthy students assembled on the Uni halls balcony, having been baiting the 60-70k waiting to get into the station.

Funny as fuck!:dembelelol:

I think we gave a good account of ourselves at 2-0 down considering we had 4 of our best players missing, with 5 minutes to go I thought we would draw.

We made many awful mistakes but that was always going to happen with the midfield situation, Wanyama did a terrible job of protecting the back 4 and is not ready to start matches at this level. Dier settled things down a lot when he came on because he could actually cover the grass.

W

Get a job you leach. I suppose you think it’s ok lying on your sofa, wanking and watching the racing, but I don’t. And why are you bringing Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman into this?

So... you quoted me twice (idiot) and then brought in another poster as you thought that was funny?

This whole forum knows you're a twat. What is funny is you reinforcing that at each and every chance you get.

I can because it’s a forum and it’s my opinion so please don’t tell me when I can moan or when I can’t

I don’t think you can compare Kane to Messi as they are totally different players

When Kane has been injured in the past we’ve done ok because we’re not a one man team

Without Messi Barca are a good average side

That’s the difference

Maybe you’re intentionally missing my point
Sorry mate but that’s rubbish. Barca were immense tonight and I say that through gritted teeth.

The amount of passages of play where we pressed the shit out of them but every ball landed at a Barca players feet... I was staggered.

They are sharp as fuck and taught us a lot about how to press in packs and also make sure the ball handler should always have an option. Depressing but there it is.

First was a sucker punch, second was a mighty swinger... but fuck me they were tight when it mattered.

Back
Top Bottom