Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toss up between Hugo or Trippier being our worst player tonight.
Surprised so many people are digging out Tripps, I thought he did fine. Not great, but ok. Davies looked better second half too. I actually thought that our CBs were a bit off tonight. They looked rattled whenever facing an attack. Understandable I suppose with the quality they were facing but still. Gutted we didn’t have Jan available. Toby isn’t quite the same without him.

No they don’t. This isn’t a surprise. We’ve never been serial winners of anything. It’s a pretty strange thing to moan about now with the chavs and City in the mix these days. Decent league finishes and high profile European matches is where we’re at. We ain’t gonna win the league or the fucking CL. It’s only Pochettino who has made us dream, but even he can’t make us competitive with the likes of Barcelona. We are never going to be top of the football pyramid. We don’t have the players, the resources and certainly not the fans.
Not at this rate

No because ever time we lose some CUNT starts talking about signings.
Fuck off.

Be proud of the lads and the effort. It was Barcelona and pricks think we would have won if only we got NDomFUCKINGbele....

No we might have won if our THIRD CHOICE keeper played.

But no, it’s Sissokos fault.
Sick of this shit cunt forum. You’re like a festering pile of runny shit

Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwahhhhhhhhh

You’re support is fucking shit.
There is a negative vibe that just suffocates any chinks of light.

I’m out, for good, so celebrate that you utter cunt
You have a point about the Sissoko abuse as it's ridiculous and verging on bullying tbh.

I imagine some posters were the sort of school kids that would happily pick on and beat up the shy little frail kid that didn't want an issue....but would totally ignore(or pretend they didn't hear) when the bigger kid called them out.

No they don’t. This isn’t a surprise. We’ve never been serial winners of anything. It’s a pretty strange thing to moan about now with the chavs and City in the mix these days. Decent league finishes and high profile European matches is where we’re at. We ain’t gonna win the league or the fucking CL. It’s only Pochettino who has made us dream, but even he can’t make us competitive with the likes of Barcelona. We are never going to be top of the football pyramid. We don’t have the players, the resources and certainly not the fans.

Or the Forum

I feel quite proud of the lads

Mistakes yes but couldn’t fault our spirit

COYMS

Sorry but what the fook?
Messi hit the post 2x...

Barca had 8 shots on target (+2 posts). We had 5 shots on goal.
We were outplayed today over 90 minutes.

I am not saying this with doom and gloom and hopelesness for the future, but one has to at least try to be smth close to objective. I liked how we fought back in 2nd half. We did not go down without a fight, but that does not change the fact that we were lesser team today unfortunately.

Bad/good luck happens every game.
I do not deny that we were outplayed over 90 minutes.
However, if we didn't screw ourselves over with mistakes, a draw could have been achieved.
Football isn't a game of "quality over 90 minutes"- it's a game that counts who has more goals, regardless of how well any particular team played over 90 minutes.

Maybe so .but the bloke deserved his chance. In big games lloris always seems to cost us. He is our best keeper in recent years but poch needs to play those in form. Not the favourites
I don’t totally disagree with you. But I literally had to argue with an unnamed poster a few days ago who believed that playing Vorm in the FA Cup last year was akin to deliberately throwing the competition.

:pocheyes:

No because ever time we lose some CUNT starts talking about signings.
Fuck off.

Be proud of the lads and the effort. It was Barcelona and pricks think we would have won if only we got NDomFUCKINGbele....

No we might have won if our THIRD CHOICE keeper played.

But no, it’s Sissokos fault.
Sick of this shit cunt forum. You’re like a festering pile of runny shit

Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwahhhhhhhhh

You’re support is fucking shit.
There is a negative vibe that just suffocates any chinks of light.

I’m out, for good, so celebrate that you utter cunt
Oh my God the state of that post
:dembele:

Lamela MOTM by miles, love him
How people can blame Tripps in any way for the first goal is beyond me, Messi plays a superb pass and Lloris loses his head.
Tripps did ok for me. The problem IMV was that Lucas/Son/Lamela was tucking in to mark their No. 8 and that left Alba all the space in the world to run into, so Tripps had to come out of position to close him down,
Surely the fact that Jordi Alba ran all the way from just outisde their box and past tripper and he didnt pick him up at all. He was ball watching the whole time.

We are never going to be top of the football pyramid. We don’t have the players, the resources and certainly not the fans who are willing to suck off the decent teams we play. It’s all a bit nauseating to me.
Really? I remember seeing a table of season ticket prices and our fans paid the highest . If anything we have the fans who are willing to get the club to the top by paying the most.

Really? I remember seeing a table of season ticket prices and our fans paid the highest . If anything we have the fans who are willing to get the club to the top by paying the most.

No, we have fans who are willing to buy a season ticket from Whittier, Arkansas and rent it out when we’re losing.

Wish I had your confidence. But I'm guessing I'm s bit older than u, I've become used to this bullshit..we have no chance of 4th place..

League finishes of 2nd and 3rd are not bullshit, we will finish 4th

For someone older you should have a tad more perspective and remember how shit we once were

I ran on the pitch when we beat Wimbledon at the league cup in 1999, seen us lose 3-0 or something home to Middlesboro one boxing day 18 yrs ago whenever it was, how can you get so upset about what is happening now?

If you were 15 and only saw this spurs then fine, but how can you be this upset when we lose to Barcelona, were you expecting a victory with those players out?

Surely the fact that Jordi Alba ran all the way from just outisde their box and past tripper and he didnt pick him up at all. He was ball watching the whole time.
And that right there is my point.
How was Alba allowed to run all that way without a challenge from whoever was at right midfield at that time ?

Can't fault the effort of the lads, Winks really kicked up a gear in the second half. Think we were unlucky not to get a 3rd, but equally lucky Barca didn't get a 5th/ 6th - Messi is just a different class.

Back
Top Bottom