Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right lads. I'm off to bed. Enjoy the post game cunt offs and the ripping of Levy, Poch, individual players and the pitch to bits. :tobyarm:

See you all tomorrow and then we focus on Cardiff.

No we didn't. Each of those players was the equal of (in the case of Lamela/Rakitic) or better than their Tottenham counterpart. Kane wasn't on a par with Messi but was better than Suaréz

Ok but as a team overall we matched them and the result would have been in the balance without Messi
Hugo’s howler in the second minute didn’t help though ably assisted by Trippier

No surprise the same people going off about the result are the ones saying we had no chance coming into the game.

:dembelefingers:
I take it you're referring to me again, chap

Very strange, defeatist attitude for our fans to take. Lets just hope Poch and players don't feel that way then, eh.
I think we can beat them. Not saying we will or we're favourites, but in a one off game, in front of 80,000 yids, I'd say we have a chance.
:kaneshh:

Fair enough!

What do you guys think of Winks?

Honestly I thought he was totally out of his depth until the last 20 minutes where he started to make runs with the ball. He was much more positive charging forward than with his passing.
I like Winks a lot and think he has the potential to improve a great deal with regular play. He could either never quite reach his potential or be bloody brilliant. Fingers crossed for the second one.

Just got home. Thoroughly enjoyed that, if you didn't for whatever reason I don't think football is for you regardless of the result.

Sometimes you've gotta hold your hands up and say you were beaten by a much better team. Vintage Barcelona or not I still thought they were excellent, Messi obviously but also the little tosser Suarez, Rakitic etc were class.

I do think Dembele would have been the most useful missing player today. We gave it away so much in the first half we could have used his wise shoulders to help calm things down and retain possession.

Thought Winksy started poorly but grew into the game, and it's the sort of match which will only help his development as a player. One of the highlights of the match for me was his tracking back and amazing tackle on Messi.

Great atmosphere tonight, especially in the periods after our goals. Constant standing as well, which I've never experienced at Wembley before. One bizarre incident where a bloke wearing a Madrid shirt kept yelling abuse at Pique and got in a bit of a scrap with a bloke telling him to pipe down, anyone see that?

I take it you're referring to me again, chap

Fair enough!
Actually no, shockingly, some of the others.

I disagree with you 90% of the time and think you’ve wanked yourself stupid on some matters relating to Spurs, but you support the club.

Don’t worry John, I’ve had no problem directly pushing back on you before, and vice versa. No need to guess.

:levywhoa:

I think they had many good players but I can see why Poch said what he said, the team needs confidence and belief and saying that only the GOAT was the difference between us an elite team certainly helps.

Also whilst Barca were very good all over the pitch, most of their dangerous play went through Messi so he's not technically wrong.

I think they had many good players but I can see why Poch said what he said, the team needs confidence and belief and saying that only the GOAT was the difference between us an elite team certainly helps.

Also whilst Barca were very good all over the pitch, most of their dangerous play went through Messi so he's not technically wrong.
Messi redefines positional play. He was everywhere. Taking it off the right back, taking off the left back, taking it off Busquets, taking it off Coutinho and scoring twice.

Insane.

Back
Top Bottom