Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have Huddersfield, Cardiff and West Ham next. I would rather 9 points and I can live with a loss to Barcelona.
Eh' .get the 9 points towards another top 4 finish so we can lose to Barcelona again next year.
Can't see the point in making the CL if we aint making a decent effort to win it. Woolwich mentality.
Lose to Barca and we're really up against it.

I'd throw one or two of our best kids in, lets find another star and create some competition, Sterling up front with llorente and hope he scores... then we have a 3rd striker...

Get Skipp and Foyth in too. Oh and for fucks sake play wanyama.

Eh' .get the 9 points towards another top 4 finish so we can lose to Barcelona again next year.
Can't see the point in making the CL if we aint making a decent effort to win it. Woolwich mentality.

It's not like we're going to throw the game against Barcelona.

:pocheyes:

It's just that we're 2nd favourites for a reason. Not a single person believes we can beat Barcelona. Maybe that suits us.

Can't see the point in making the CL if we aint making a decent effort to win it.
Woolwich mentality.
It's a real conundrum...
realistically we know an incredible 'Leicester-esque' series of events has to happen for us to win the CL (ie: everyone else falls over themselves not to win it!)
...likewise the Premier League... we've had 2 genuinely decent goes at it recently... (which is certainly 2 more than we did in the previous 30+ years) but still came up short... and now it seems Liverpool are everyone's 'new' favourite team to challenge City...

then there are THE CUPS!
That's what gets me about our disregarding the League cup as we seem to... 'cos we really COULD win that if we put our minds to it!

Last edited:
It's just that we're 2nd favourites for a reason. Not a single person believes we can beat Barcelona.
Very strange, defeatist attitude for our fans to take. Lets just hope Poch and players don't feel that way then, eh.
I think we can beat them. Not saying we will or we're favourites, but in a one off game, in front of 80,000 yids, I'd say we have a chance.
:kaneshh:

Very strange, defeatist attitude for our fans to take. Lets just hope Poch and players don't feel that way then, eh.
I think we can beat them. Not saying we will or we're favourites, but in a one off game, in front of 80,000 yids, I'd say we have a chance.
:kaneshh:

I meant in general. There is a reason we're nearly 3/1 at home to beat them.

Pochettino and the players will obviously think they can win (Well, they'll say it in public, whether they actually believe it or not is a different matter). On our day we can beat anyone, we all know that.

yeah, average enough to finish 3rd, 2nd, 3rd in the last few seasons.
And won what ? Which is my point . What’s a great chance to win this cup. We have won fuck all. Why risk throwing it away.
Look how we struggled to get past teams last season by playing our so called squad . Kept drawing , adding more unnecessary games to our fixture list .

And won what ? Which is my point . What’s a great chance to win this cup. We have won fuck all. Why risk throwing it away.
Look how we struggled to get past teams last season by playing our so called squad . Kept drawing, adding more unnecessary games to our fixture list .

Containing such "so-called" players beyond the generally accepted first XI:

Moura (more of a this season thing, granted)
Lamela
Rose/Davies/KWP (rotation)
Aurier/Trippier/KWP (rotation)
Sanchez
Foyth (who entirely looks the part so far)
Wanyama
Winks
Sissoko
Llorente (meh, granted, but we didn't know then what we know now)
GKN (meh, but barely even makes the bench)

...Foolishness on your part.

Containing such "so-called" players beyond the generally accepted first XI:

Moura (more of a this season thing, granted)
Lamela
Rose/Davies/KWP (rotation)
Aurier/Trippier/KWP (rotation)
Sanchez
Foyth (who entirely looks the part so far)
Wanyama
Winks
Sissoko
Llorente (meh, granted, but we didn't know then what we know now)
GKN (meh, but barely even makes the bench)

...Foolishness on your part.
In defence of Llorente he came from a 15 goal season at Swansea. But we don't seem to play a football that suits him

This is one of two trophies we are capable of winning . We have to win something . I’m not having a second string side here.m and risking going out . Winning breeds winning .

I’d rather play a strong side here and make changes at the weekend .

Really? Winning the League Cup the height of your ambition?

Hmm, I tend to disagree and I suspect Poch feels the same way. It's only a cup worth taking seriously once you reach the last 8. Before? Just an extra fixture or two that ideally one could do without.

Domestic cups aren't all that anymore, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom