Home (allegedly) v Watford EFL Cup 26th Sept -20-00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuck there's some shit written on this site (lots by me lol) ....

Thought after the usual slow start, more cagey than outright bad, the game was pretty good to watch, we didn't seem to bothered in keeping the ball reverting to getting it forward fast, nor was our pressing as intense as normal but then we didn't have the personnel on the pitch for that ...

Clearly Poch wants a trophy, any trophy, that triple substitution shows that ... not at all sure about the red card, penalty yes but red card?

Great composure on the penalties, and not a bad turnout by the fans ... into the next round we go

Clearly Poch wants a trophy, any trophy, that triple substitution shows that ... not at all sure about the red card, penalty yes but red card?

The red card was harsh, but if you look at the angle the ref had he was in a good position to see the pen, but not who was the last man. He should have consulted the Lino for the red.

Finally home. Whilst I liked the stadium - something very intimate about the whole evening - transport is an absolute shocker. Liked the fact you could stand on the concourse and watch the game. Overall a very entertaining evening. Support was good. The 2nd goal and celebrations in with the crowd were decent scenes. Definite love in between the team and fans. Just glad to have been at one of our more unusual matches in the history of THFC. COYS.

Sky said Dele got a 'huge ovation' because he's a local lad. Was it full of MK fans?
No. He got a good ovation from us. It did look like there was a neutral area above the Watford fans, but they were definitely supporting Tottenham, maybe because of Dele. It was a really good atmosphere. Made we wish we had a more intimate option than NWHL. It was great being close to the players and felt like a hybrid home/away game... which I guess it was!

No. He got a good ovation from us. It did look like there was a neutral area above the Watford fans, but they were definitely supporting Tottenham, maybe because of Dele. It was a really good atmosphere. Made we wish we had a more intimate option than NWHL. It was great being close to the players and felt like a hybrid home/away game... which I guess it was!
Don't know where the neutral/MK section was but defo not there - I was up there along with other Spurs fans I've seen around before.

Just got home and too knackered to make a sensible post, so that can wait until tomorrow. But just wanted to say, thank goodness we are in the next round.
Night all x

The Ossie Wembley is from north wales. Those troglodytes are even hated by their their fellow countrymen. Unfortunately I’ve spent a lot of time working in Wales - doing the stuff Welsh people can’t do. After work, you go to a pub and you’re confronted with these giggling imbeciles speaking in tongues. I’ve worked in some shit places around the world, but nowhere worse than north wales. And the south welsh aren’t any better - or their acolytes.

Last edited:
The red card was harsh, but if you look at the angle the ref had he was in a good position to see the pen, but not who was the last man. He should have consulted the Lino for the red.
If a player fouled an opposition when it clearly will be a one-on-situation between oppo and GK, its always straight red right?
Yes its harsh, but thats the rule as i knew it.

Back
Top Bottom