Everton at Wembley. 13/01. 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So much character in the team. Question is, who would you bring in to make us better? Poch clearly goes for characters so would need to be a larger than life influence on the team

Its tough no doubt. Prefer that we are difficult to shop for though, rather than assembling a team / bench of any old players happy to take megabucks.
The balance of the people in the dressing room is so important. Just one cunt can spread bad juju and cause problems.
With Wanyama and Lamela back and Toby and Winks to come all of a sudden our depth looks impressive again, but injuries are so unpredictable.
I can't answer your question tbh.

Its tough no doubt. Prefer that we are difficult to shop for though, rather than assembling a team / bench of any old players happy to take megabucks.
The balance of the people in the dressing room is so important. Just one cunt can spread bad juju and cause problems.
With Wanyama and Lamela back and Toby and Winks to come all of a sudden our depth looks impressive again, but injuries are so unpredictable.

That's what makes it difficult to improve I guess. We have such a high level for criteria based around talent and charisma that the options are small. I like that we have a team so we'll crafter that we can be picky in these areas and I trust Poch to get it right when it comes to splurging £30m+ on one, which is what our ball park should be now. Add pure quality, quantity not needed

Go for it Sam, you slimy, greedy, greedy bastard.......

He does look more like this slimy character every year!

hqdefault.jpg

another good win, if only a couple of them home draws were wins and we would be well clear of Liverpool (and they are haves a go season)
2 down sides for me, at 3-0 why not let KWP have 15-20 mins, Poch used to bring a lad on to give them 5-10 mins in some games, but it now seems to have stopped doing that
the other when they pressured us on a couple of goalkicks we knocked about between goalie and centre halfs then lost it, why did we not hit it long, (when they pressured Jan, Davidson, Dier then Hugo--that means there should be space higher up the field) Man city did it to us when we pressured their goal kicks

Just watched the game, away out bush working.
Who has stuck a rocket under Sonny!
What a game he had, he is like vintage wine just getting better and better.

My favourite moment was when Sissoko made a rampaging run into their box, only for every single player to ignore it, both their defenders and our lads....made me chuckle...

another good win, if only a couple of them home draws were wins and we would be well clear of Liverpool (and they are haves a go season)
2 down sides for me, at 3-0 why not let KWP have 15-20 mins, Poch used to bring a lad on to give them 5-10 mins in some games, but it now seems to have stopped doing that
the other when they pressured us on a couple of goalkicks we knocked about between goalie and centre halfs then lost it, why did we not hit it long, (when they pressured Jan, Davidson, Dier then Hugo--that means there should be space higher up the field) Man city did it to us when we pressured their goal kicks
City had a keeper that would play to the wide forwards with a 70 yard cross pass. Can they be off side from such a pass?
Everton lack pace so we could take the pi55. It was easy?
Good points. The draws happen when the opposition get thier game together and we lack invention and quality on the ball . Everton are a very poor side in the 'best league ' in the world and will get punished . We need to improve on last seasons perfornances and need to bring in a couple of top level players which will do that. The players know deep down, they are who they are, we will only get top 4 if we are consistent and Woolwich and Liverpool are inconsistent . For me we need to get clinical going forward. There are too many wasted opportunities. I know we scored 4 but too many times the right ball is not played. We should want to score , regardless who it is, on every occasion we go forward. Alli has inproved so much in this area.

People should just put up with Hoddle's foibles and not hate on him.
He's a Tottenham legend and I for one could never think ill of him.
I was at scumford bridge once when we played them and he was their manager, the sheer ecstacy on his face when they scored a last minute penalty to beat us has stayed with me for ever. I don't care about his views as they are irrelevant to me but he is like most footballers/managers in that they don't have the love for the club like we do.
I can forgive him the Swindon stint but not them vermin. I was disappointed he got the biggest cheer at the Lane finale too, his association with the C word should have denied him that. Also he is responsible for them being the insufferable scum that they are now. If it wasn't for him persuading the mercenaries vialli, horse faced zola and the repulsive Gullitt etc to go there then maybe the crook wouldn't have invested in the decaying rot that they were and i wouldn't have to walk down my village high street looking at their vile shirts.

Left back?
One more attacking option?

I was at scumford bridge once when we played them and he was their manager, the sheer ecstacy on his face when they scored a last minute penalty to beat us has stayed with me for ever. I don't care about his views as they are irrelevant to me but he is like most footballers/managers in that they don't have the love for the club like we do.
I can forgive him the Swindon stint but not them vermin. I was disappointed he got the biggest cheer at the Lane finale too, his association with the C word should have denied him that. Also he is responsible for them being the insufferable scum that they are now. If it wasn't for him persuading the mercenaries vialli, horse faced zola and the repulsive Gullitt etc to go there then maybe the crook wouldn't have invested in the decaying rot that they were and i wouldn't have to walk down my village high street looking at their vile shirts.
I think you might benefit from some counseling. You know that football is a sport, right?
Had he been managing Accrington Stanley and that scene had played out would you have been as angry?
No - don't answer. I'm not sure I actually want to know.

Thought this about Rooney too. His foul on Jan really pissed me off. It was one of those fouls that will only ever be judged a yellow card but it serves absolutely no purpose in the game except to hurt the opponent.

Not sure if it looked as deliberate on tv but from where I was sitting it looked quite scummy.

Edit. Just watched it back. Even worse than it looked at the time.
Totally agree. He couldn't take that he had been outclassed by Jan, that's why he did it. I was on my feet calling him a fat granny shagging cunt.

Not really slagging him off just pointing out his limitations and I'm delighted with the win , this is all a bit rich Baz after your hatchet job on Davies very recently!

Lol

Hardly a hatchet job as I praised his good points and conceded he may well improve under Poch as did Rose and Walker but I don’t think he’s at our level yet

Who would you choose against Juve?

A fully fit Rose or Davies?

No brainier to me

But I do think all this vitriol against Sissoko is way over the top and the commentator pointed out that he has made more appearances for us this season, including coming off the bench, than anyone else which should say something about Poch’s belief in him

And I believe in Poch

Hope your New Year is going well

Rio's a twat, so are most of that so-called Golden Generation. Very good players but they're such dull pundits who offer next to no valuable insight into the game.

All me, me, me. I understand now why England failed to do anything great.

And he should have received a lifetime ban for refusing to give a sample for a drugs test

What sort of example did that set?

Back
Top Bottom