Everton at Wembley. 13/01. 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There isn’t another CD i would chose to have over Jan at present, Toby’s a huge miss but Jan has stepped up and is playing some of his best football - he’s the perfect partner for Sanchez too.

Beautiful nearly assist by Kane to Son, some nice footwork by Dele throughout the match. Dembele absolutely bossing the midfield. That’s the little things I took from this match.

P.s. Rooney is a cunt and should have been sent off

Thought this about Rooney too. His foul on Jan really pissed me off. It was one of those fouls that will only ever be judged a yellow card but it serves absolutely no purpose in the game except to hurt the opponent.

Not sure if it looked as deliberate on tv but from where I was sitting it looked quite scummy.

Edit. Just watched it back. Even worse than it looked at the time.

Everton's line up:

blue-bus-clipart-big-blue-bus.svg

What a wonderful performance, utterly dominant from front to back. So, so balanced without Trips in the team. Everton without a single shot on target, we pressed them in all the right areas, not allowing them a sniff. First 15mins was lovely without creating too many efforts you could see the confidence, aggression and intent from the off, moving the ball quickly, vertically and switching play with one and two touch. Rooney, you fat cunt, should have had about 5 yellows today, you're just a slow old man son, time to hang up your boots.

Son, Dele, Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen & Sanchez on a DIFFERENT LEVEL!!! Davies having one of his best ever games for us, Aurier was good too not quite as good as Davies though. Dier, especially first half also superb, some of his vertical passing on the ground to feet braking the lines of Everton midfield were a sight to behold!!!

Congratulations to Kane, what a record!! Beating Teddy's record in just 3.5 years, it took Teddy SEVEN years to amass his total SEVEN!!! Didn't think he was on his game oddly enough, beautiful diagonal ball, fast becoming a trademark of his now but thought his decision making wasn't great and his touch not quite as good as we have seen before, but hey, WHAT. A. PLAYER!

MOTM, so hard to pick but going for Son, no Dele, no Moussa, fuck it Son.

Oh, fuck off leaving on 75mins!!!

Up the Spurs.

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed the game today (and that wasn't totally down to the three vodkas I had before the game).
For me, The Moose just pipped Sonny for MOTM, but to be fair, everyone played their part, except for Hugo that is, he did bugger all...tee hee.
I've got a little theory about Dele, he seems to play better when the opposition supporters boo him.
It also felt that half of South Korea were at Wembley today, Sonny did them proud, some of his touches were pure magic.
Thought the reception we gave Aaron was fantastic, good to see him back on the field.
Now going to relive it all again on MOTD....what are the odds on them showing every time Everton touched the ball to make it look as if it was an even game?

Great day, great result. All a bit too easy but at least we managed to break down a 10man defence, which is something we’ve been lacking lately.

Everton are shit.

Thought Son was superb today and getting toward an automatic choice if he’s fit. No doubt King Kane got MOTM but for me it should have been Sonny.
Also great to see Moose back to his old form, thought he was immense today.
Did Hugo even have to make a save? I can’t think of one.

We’re on a great run of form at present which is great because Nazi F.C. are on a poor run..

Good turn out today..

I dont think they will do that under Sam......I genuinely think he will feel he can beat us. They have a lot in attack and some very decent youngsters who will want to go there and prove themselves.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm, but I'm sure big Sam has done his homework and if he looks at the teams who have come to play, the last one being the saints, and then if he looks at the West Ham game plan who could have nicked all 3 points of it weren't for son, I'm pretty sure this will be another team that come to frustrate and would be happy with a point. I'm ready for 90 mins of anti football by one of the old school bus parking masters!

Back
Top Bottom