Everton at Wembley. 13/01. 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Back to the Premier League with a tough game against an Everton team who have found some form.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Wanyama - Dier -
- Eriksen - Dele - Son -
- Kane -
Everton have a lot of creativity and pace if they use Bolasie so we need to be on top of our game. Every game is a must win and we need to keep the momentum going.

Last edited:
Everton's line up:

blue-bus-clipart-big-blue-bus.svg

Really pleased Dier and Eriksen will have had a 9-day rest leading into this one. Can't remember the last time either missed a match for club or country.

Not sure why, but I'm feeling confident about this one. 4-1 spurs.

I think they are going to come at us from the very start, and we will eventually nick a goal. Once we get that starting goal, the game will open up even more and we'll roll them over.

I dont think they will do that under Sam......I genuinely think he will feel he can beat us. They have a lot in attack and some very decent youngsters who will want to go there and prove themselves.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm, but I'm sure big Sam has done his homework and if he looks at the teams who have come to play, the last one being the saints, and then if he looks at the West Ham game plan who could have nicked all 3 points of it weren't for son, I'm pretty sure this will be another team that come to frustrate and would be happy with a point. I'm ready for 90 mins of anti football by one of the old school bus parking masters!

Big Sam, attacking football? I don't know, has that been done before? Perhaps when he was at Bolton?
Memory is sketchy... More likely to see a couple of Oil Tankers out there than attacking football I'm guessing.
The rest will do us good, Pochettino has plenty of time to prepare and this should help us.

If they want to come and play attacking football, then bring it on, that favors us more than them.

Fat Sam's only knows how to park the bus .
We need full backs using width , pace and a lot of quick movement.
(Rather hopeful)
A midfield that can create ( not 2 DMs) provide opportunities for the Golden boy .

Back to the Premier League with a tough game against an Everton team who have found some form.

- Lloris -
- Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Wanyama - Dier -
- Eriksen - Dele - Son -
- Kane -
Everton have a lot of creativity and pace if they use Bolasie so we need to be on top of our game. Every game is a must win and we need to keep the momentum going.
Do not think we need 2 holding players in Dier & Wanyama at home. Could push Dier into a back 3. Assume Rose injured.

Son - Kane - Dele
Eriksen - Dier - Sissoko
Davies - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris
Wouldnt mind seeing something similar here.

Back four picks itself if Rose is still out injured. Think a middle 3 could work well. Eriksen deeper against a big Sam team could cause problems and Sissoko got praise for his performance on the right side of a midfield three at the weekend.

They'll likely play a back four with two defensive midfielders in Gueye and Schneiderlin but think this will be easier than West Ham as I still feel they'll go for it.

Son - Kane - Dele
Eriksen - Dier - Sissoko
Davies - Vertonghen - Sanchez - Aurier
Lloris
Wouldnt mind seeing something similar here.

Back four picks itself if Rose is still out injured. Think a middle 3 could work well. Eriksen deeper against a big Sam team could cause problems and Sissoko got praise for his performance on the right side of a midfield three at the weekend.

They'll likely play a back four with two defensive midfielders in Gueye and Schneiderlin but think this will be easier than West Ham as I still feel they'll go for it.

Sissoko.. no. Either Dembele, Winks or drop Dele deeper and have Lamela on the wing.

I dont think they will do that under Sam......I genuinely think he will feel he can beat us. They have a lot in attack and some very decent youngsters who will want to go there and prove themselves.
Lol they were shit since he took over and employed the same big old blue bus tactics in every single game. The fuck you on about?

Back
Top Bottom