Everton at Wembley. 13/01. 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today (and that wasn't totally down to the three vodkas I had before the game).
For me, The Moose just pipped Sonny for MOTM, but to be fair, everyone played their part, except for Hugo that is, he did bugger all...tee hee.
I've got a little theory about Dele, he seems to play better when the opposition supporters boo him.
It also felt that half of South Korea were at Wembley today, Sonny did them proud, some of his touches were pure magic.
Thought the reception we gave Aaron was fantastic, good to see him back on the field.
Now going to relive it all again on MOTD....what are the odds on them showing every time Everton touched the ball to make it look as if it was an even game?
Yes, lots of Koreans at the game taking lots of pics. And quite a few Germans as well.

Last edited:
And to think if the Everton fans had bothered their arse to sing, it could’ve been even better!

Literally the worst we’ve had there all season. Didn’t have much to sing about though, to be fair.
They didn't even have a voice at the start of the game before we started trampling them. I thought that was shocking away support.

So Rooney and Tosun tried to muscle their way around and feel flat.
Thought Everton would be up for more of a game. Harry needs to lend them some balls.
Attendance showed 74k, thought it looked like at least 80 though.
Son was awesome, and one of Dele's backheel flicks paid off!

Beautiful nearly assist by Kane to Son, some nice footwork by Dele throughout the match. Dembele absolutely bossing the midfield. That’s the little things I took from this match.

P.s. Rooney is a cunt and should have been sent off

Beautiful nearly assist by Kane to Son, some nice footwork by Dele throughout the match. Dembele absolutely bossing the midfield. That’s the little things I took from this match.

P.s. Rooney is a cunt and should have been sent off

Thought this about Rooney too. His foul on Jan really pissed me off. It was one of those fouls that will only ever be judged a yellow card but it serves absolutely no purpose in the game except to hurt the opponent.

Not sure if it looked as deliberate on tv but from where I was sitting it looked quite scummy.

Edit. Just watched it back. Even worse than it looked at the time.

Thought this about Rooney too. His foul on Jan really pissed me off. It was one of those fouls that will only ever be judged a yellow card but it serves absolutely no purpose in the game except to hurt the opponent.

Not sure if it looked as deliberate on tv but from where I was sitting it looked quite scummy
It definitely looked scummy. Swedish commentary team pointed it out. How it was made with no intention of winning the ball, just taking down and possibly injuring the opponent.

the most genius strategy I ve ever heard in my life
Looks obvious now innit? This probably what Poch had in mind too when he called up Sonny from Levercusen. It only took couple of seasons hard work and dedication by Sonny to substantiate

Perfect day really.
Sonny, god I love him! He is a menace, so lively and always looking to take on the defence.
Really solid game from everyone though, and lovely to see Dembele dominant like that.
Its brilliant having all 3 of Son, Dele, Erikssen on the pitch at once.

Perfect day really.
Sonny, god I love him! He is a menace, so lively and always looking to take on the defence.
Really solid game from everyone though, and lovely to see Dembele dominant like that.
Its brilliant having all 3 of Son, Dele, Erikssen on the pitch at once.

So much character in the team. Question is, who would you bring in to make us better? Poch clearly goes for characters so would need to be a larger than life influence on the team

Back
Top Bottom