Everton at Wembley. 13/01. 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Left back?
One more attacking option?

Hopefully won't have to address left back until summer, not sure Rose will leave before then.
Yes another attacking option would be good. Lost N'Koudou so maybe be better if his spot was taken by someone ready for first team football to rotate with our current guys or be a super sub when we need something different.
Even if we don't sign for this season I hope they are preparing for summer window as that will be tricky due to the World Cup.

You couldn't get be more wrong. Im not bitching at all.

If you can be bothered to read the regular posts earlier on in the thread, you will understand my comments.

Questions as...
Do we need a few better players than we have currently in our starting 11 and depth?
What type of player would be suited not to disrupt the Status Quo of the current squad?
The wrong player could be a devastating for the balance we have?
Bringing in the 'superstar' foreign player just because we could pay them mega bucks is not the way forward?

Please do not generalise with your sweeping uninformed statement-its 'negative bollocks'.

Or do you want me to tell you to F off and start a bitching.

This is a forum for football opinion and opinion is what makes it go round. Getting personal is 'negative bollocks' also.

If you want people to leave because they do not say what you want to hear, then so be it.
I do this for fun and to get others perspective on the games .

Do whatever you like. It was your last paragraph in particular that I disagree with, 'Poch needs to learn and quickly'.

Learn what exactly and what if he doesn't? Is that meant to be some kind of ultimatum? Seems strange.

Yes new signings would be nice but I'm relaxed about it. I think the squad looks pretty strong and we can achieve some good things this season. Some fans on here won't be happy until we're spending 70 to 80% of our turnover on wages and over £100m during every transfer window. It's not realistic, at least not at this present time. That's my opinion anyway.

Hopefully won't have to address left back until summer, not sure Rose will leave before then.
Yes another attacking option would be good. Lost N'Koudou so maybe be better if his spot was taken by someone ready for first team football to rotate with our current guys or be a super sub when we need something different.
Even if we don't sign for this season I hope they are preparing for summer window as that will be tricky due to the World Cup.
It would not surprise me if Levy and Poch are using this window to get agreements done for guys to come in the summer. A club might not want to lose a guy in January depending on their situation. But setting up a deal where the player moves after the season is possible.

Imagine if that was Dele doing that tackle.......

I don't see that tackle any different from a cynical kick out. Rooney was lost for pace, and had already been warned by the ref to cool it. The ref could and should have sent Rooney off, but again the ref has no bollocks.

I get as pissed off with these types of cynical fouls as i do players who dive in the box. Totally unacceptable and a potential injury inducing attempt to stop play.

'Poch needs to learn and quickly'.
Yes I can see why this may have come over a little strange. it wasn't an ultimatum as it sounds. Just came out wrong. I can't remember what point I was trying to make. I feel, it may have been not wanting this season to get away form us? We are an established side, second best IMHO in the PL and the impression I get on here is people seem to accept that we are in transition still. Poch should be on top of his game and so should the team.

I don't see that tackle any different from a cynical kick out. Rooney was lost for pace, and had already been warned by the ref to cool it. The ref could and should have sent Rooney off, but again the ref has no bollocks.

I get as pissed off with these types of cynical fouls as i do players who dive in the box. Totally unacceptable and a potential injury inducing attempt to stop play.
I'll be honest, I couldn't careless about the foul. What bugs the absolute fuck out of me is Dele making back page news, having every single tackle of his scrutinised and pundits and media alike jumping on every single one describing them as "shocking", "leg breaker" etc... They are fouls, a foul is a foul, if it's a snide or more serious it's a yellow, then a red. That's it. Very, very few tackles are a disgrace, most are miss-timed. The vast majority have a) an agenda b) never played the game before c) both.

Sorry mate but that's harsh. They didn't look like a typical Alladyce team at all today and came to play... which was probably a mistake as we absolutely beasted them!
So Rooney and Tosun tried to muscle their way around and feel flat.
Thought Everton would be up for more of a game. Harry needs to lend them some balls.
Attendance showed 74k, thought it looked like at least 80 though.
Son was awesome, and one of Dele's backheel flicks paid off!
I agree e, it looked more like 80k there..was surprised at the official attendance.

I was at scumford bridge once when we played them and he was their manager, the sheer ecstacy on his face when they scored a last minute penalty to beat us has stayed with me for ever. I don't care about his views as they are irrelevant to me but he is like most footballers/managers in that they don't have the love for the club like we do.
I can forgive him the Swindon stint but not them vermin. I was disappointed he got the biggest cheer at the Lane finale too, his association with the C word should have denied him that. Also he is responsible for them being the insufferable scum that they are now. If it wasn't for him persuading the mercenaries vialli, horse faced zola and the repulsive Gullitt etc to go there then maybe the crook wouldn't have invested in the decaying rot that they were and i wouldn't have to walk down my village high street looking at their vile shirts.
Caused more harm recommending wenger to David Dein than anything he ever did at chelscum

Finally got to watch the game today, apologies for the lateness.

Dembele, I love you. Is it my biased man-love or did Mousa look just a bit fitter/happy/healthier?
Bossed it.

I think you might benefit from some counseling. You know that football is a sport, right?
Had he been managing Accrington Stanley and that scene had played out would you have been as angry?
No - don't answer. I'm not sure I actually want to know.

It may have been slightly OTT Mick but I also remember the joy on Hoddles face on that occasion and haven’t forgotten it either

H should have tempered his celebrations after the time he spent with us

Great player though

You do understand that the Sissoko posts on this thread are jokes don’t you? Nobody is seriously saying he was rubbish in the ten minutes he had yesterday.

I’m not referring to the “10 mins comments” but the general negative sleights by some posters about him on here

Way OTT imo

It may have been slightly OTT Mick but I also remember the joy on Hoddles face on that occasion and haven’t forgotten it either

Great player though

Great player though
I worked for a company for ten years and went to work for their competitors, and then promptly took part in the bidding process against them as part of tendering for business. When my new company beat them I celebrated with my new workmates, because winning is a great feeling and it made me part of the team and helped me bond with my new colleagues. On the surface I appeared delighted.
Underneath I felt uncomfortable and sad that my old company lost the bid.

A lack of loyalty to your new employers is not a good way to get on with your peers and paymasters.

Back
Top Bottom