Who will leave this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carroll, Fazio, Yedlin Sold
Pritchard Loan
Either Bentaleb gets a loan or Mason gets sold

After being hugely underwhelmed at first, I'm actually beginning to fancy Yedlin. I've been impressed with his development. His final ball and even more so his defensive positioning has gradually been improving. Whether he's ready to displace Trippier, I'm not sure, but I'd be very surprised if he isn't given another season on loan at a PL team to see how he develops further.

All in the eye of the beholder of course, so just being curious, how much have you seen him play this season? Or going with the consensus?

That would mean bringing at least five new players into the squad. And the aim being bringing in seven or eight new faces to have a complete squad. Somehow can't see that happening.

Not necessarily it depends on how Poch views our younger players. The likes of Onomah, Walker-Peters, Winks, Ball, Edwards, Carter-Vickers etc.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we sold 6-7 and bought just 3-4 players and filled the rest up with our youngsters.

For me we really lack a cover for Dier/Dembele, an explosive wide forward and a competition/cover for Kane. Cover that and anyone else is a bonus.

Not necessarily it depends on how Poch views our younger players. The likes of Onomah, Walker-Peters, Winks, Ball, Edwards, Carter-Vickers etc.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we sold 6-7 and bought just 3-4 players and filled the rest up with our youngsters.

For me we really lack a cover for Dier/Dembele, an explosive wide forward and a competition/cover for Kane. Cover that and anyone else is a bonus.

Should have been clearer. By into the squad, I meant from outside the club and promoted from within. And I agree he'll probably promote a few. It's easier with youngster from within the club, but even then though, that's a big turnover number to bring 7-8 into a squad functioning really well as a unit, after a hugely successfull season, we want to build upon.

Should have been clearer. By into the squad, I meant from outside the club and promoted from within. And I agree he'll probably promote a few. It's easier with youngster from within the club, but even then though, that's a big turnover number to bring 7-8 into a squad functioning really well as a unit, after a hugely successfull season, we want to build upon.

Yep for me what makes Poch different is that he is very happy to promote and give a player a chance but if he feels he won't fit it's out the door.

Most of our previous managers have often been reluctant to move players that perhaps don't fit. Last summers window was the first time where I thought as a club we moved out everyone who wasn't suitable at that period of time. Which in turns gives more room to new or younger players to prove themselves.

Like everyone here we all have our perceptions, my perception of Poch is someone who is polite on the outside but aggressive and driven within sort of like Fergie.

I don't expect 10 players to come in but all our fringe players are fighting for their future at the club. It is ruthless and almost un-spurs like but I guess that's why we have been soft Spurs for so long.

The other factor is that as a CL team we have the chance to get players we can't normally get. It's only rumours in the papers but apparently Batshuayi wants to come to us ahead of other teams. I am sure we will take advantage of this type of situation which doesn't come every year.

Yep for me what makes Poch different is that he is very happy to promote and give a player a chance but if he feels he won't fit it's out the door.

Most of our previous managers have often been reluctant to move players that perhaps don't fit. Last summers window was the first time where I thought as a club we moved out everyone who wasn't suitable at that period of time. Which in turns gives more room to new or younger players to prove themselves.

Like everyone here we all have our perceptions, my perception of Poch is someone who is polite on the outside but aggressive and driven within sort of like Fergie.

I don't expect 10 players to come in but all our fringe players are fighting for their future at the club. It is ruthless and almost un-spurs like but I guess that's why we have been soft Spurs for so long.

The other factor is that as a CL team we have the chance to get players we can't normally get. It's only rumours in the papers but apparently Batshuayi wants to come to us ahead of other teams. I am sure we will take advantage of this type of situation which doesn't come every year.

I can totally understand your position. And a part of me wants us to go nuts in bringing in players of a quality, we could only dream of previously. No matter anyone's position on how many of our current squad isn't up to the task, and thus by extension how many we should bring in, I think it's beyond discussion that it's the toughest task Poch has this summer. That is deciding how many squad positions, he should/can improve upon while keeping the squad harmony he's so carefully built up.

Back
Top Bottom