Who will leave this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems a bit of a random one when we could easily pinch at least 5m for the lad. Doesn't sound like Levy to me!

Perhaps they are letting him go for free after years of being 'on loan' service? He was given his best chance to impress this season and just isn't good enough for where we want to be.

Maybe more of the fringe players will go after Sunday. My worry is that we do what we always do and buy several players that are not a lot different to those leaving rather than 1/2 very good players that will make a difference. We are already a striker and CB short and clearly need to bolster the midfield but we have enough midfielders meaning some must go.

Anyone know what the position with Carroll is? I read his contract expires this summer. Did the club try and offer him a new contract and Carroll refuse or did they just not offer anything. I assume the club will eventually issue a list of players being released which will include Carroll and some unknown academy players. Strange that Levy letting him go for nothing when he must be worth a few million.

Mason, bentaleb,chadli, and fazio for me.
See how son and njie are doing by jan
Bentaleb to stay for me, his season blighted by injury. He showed prior yr maturity to lead, let's have him for another yr to be a backup to Dembele.

I would add to the outs as a loan young Winks. Pritchard should return from loan and test himself in pre season as a backup to Eriksen.
Sales from the outs - Mason, Carroll, Fazio, Yedlin and Chadli give me say 30mill.

Does anyone think we should consider loaning Bentaleb out to the likes of an Everton/Southampton type team?

That's a good shout.

Though, I cannot help feeling that he's at the stage, where he doesn't need to go anywhere to develop/mature. He's either good enough according to Poch and has the right attitude to get his ass in gear to work hard enough. Or he's fallen out with Poch because he's got too big for his own boots, in which we don't want him around and he's not going to fancy going on loan anyway.

That's a good shout.

Though, I cannot help feeling that he's at the stage, where he doesn't need to go anywhere to develop/mature. He's either good enough according to Poch and has the right attitude to get his ass in gear to work hard enough. Or he's fallen out with Poch because he's got too big for his own boots, in which we don't want him around and he's not going to fancy going on loan anyway.

I just feel that he isn't good enough to push Dembele out of the team and without first team action, he isn't going to be a great back up for Dembele either, although that's the player I believe he can be for us. It's such a difficult one really.

I can see one of Mason Carroll Bentaleb going, but certainly not all three...

Fazio IS as good as gone, surely?

Chadli & Son will stay... (too much Far Eastern merch to be sold to let Sonny go JUST yet...)

N'Jie, I agree it would be useful to see how he when fit.. at least get HALF a season out of him... if only for The Cups! (League Cup and FA Cup on Jan... not CL, OBVIOUSLY!!!)

it would make sense, they are the type of clubs where he might be given the freedom to express himself, but have midfields that will make him challenge to play

That was my thinking, there is no point sending him somewhere where he is first name on the team sheet. I want him to have to work hard while out on loan so he hopefully picks up and improves.

Back
Top Bottom