Who will leave this summer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the first time in a long time I'm completely confident we will lose none of our big stars this summer. I expect the good news to keep on rolling in with regards to new contracts for Vertonghen, Eriksen, etc.

That being said, if we want to progress once again next season, the squad needs some tinkering.
Another forward and a defensive midfielder are seemingly the main targets which would put a few players positions in jeopardy.

Defensive mid: Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb
Assuming we bring in a destroyer as cover for Dier, we'd then have the above three players as cover for Dembele. Pochettino values a streamlined squad and that is clearly an overload of CM's.

I think Carroll definitely goes this summer. He was a useful stopgap after we shifted the mercenaries on but he's never good enough for a title chasing/champions league team.

Mason has looked a shadow of his former self since returning from injury but has been a great squad player over the past two seasons and is trusted by Poch.

Bentaleb was fantastic last season and is one of the most technically gifted players at the club imo. It's been a nightmare season through injuries but he's only 21 and I think he'll go on to be a great player. Unless there's been a behind the scenes fallout I'm sure Poch will see the value in keeping him.

The difficulty will be in keeping both of these happy as 3rd/4th choice midfielders and if I had the choice it would be Carroll and Mason out Bentaleb in.

Forwards:
Poch has finally confirmed we're in for a striker and knowing how Poch likes his attackers to play, it's likely he'll be versatile so the competition for places will be immense.
If the guy brought in is top drawer (think Lacazette, Batsuyahi) then I can't see them playing second fiddle to Kane - I think Poch will have to find a way to get them in the first XI.

Let's say we bring in Lacazette:
That would be Kane, Lacazette, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Chadli, Son, N'Jie, Pritchard playing for 4 positions.

Even in the likely event Pritchard is moved on that's still an awful lot of players to keep happy especially when you consider their versatility. Say for example Eriksen (playing on the left) got injured, there's no guarantee someone like Chadli, Son or N'Jie would be brought in as a replacement. You'd likely see Alli moved out left with Kane dropping behind the new striker (Lacazette plz) and Lamela on the right.

I think there will definitely be outgoings should we bring in that hallowed striker:
Pritchard (loan/permanent)
N'Jie (loan)
Chadli (Permanent)

These are all possibilities imo.

Carroll is the only one I would let go.

Don't think we'll have fuckloads to spend, so not sure we could replace Mason or Bentaleb with much better for low money. Can't understand why Chadli isn't rated by our support and would certainly keep him.

Fazio, Carroll, Bentaleb will be the three that go from the first team squad.

CCV will overtake Fazio, Winks/Onomah will overtake Carroll and we'll sign a new central midfielder that will replace Bentaleb as well as push for the first team.

Depends how ruthless Poch is. If he went for it then Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb, Chadli, Fazio.

I would never call them deadwood like Ade but in terms of our system they may not be suited. Need probably 1-2 midfielders, a back up for Kane and a player who can unlock doors.

After what I experienced first hand in Bl.35 of The Park Lane yesterday, I think I might!!

OK OK... I need to stop banging on about it and grow a pair... I know!

Maybe away games only from now on...? LOYALTY POINTS allowing of course!
...and how do we amass those Ladies & Gents...? Go to the HOME games!

Vicious cycle... discuss.

In Madrid at the moment and everyone says that it's a done deal for Kane.
Agent was over here at the weekend. Is there anything in the English press as its been on the Madrid news this morning. 120 million euros
Funny+Gif+Pictures+free+(3).gif

Back
Top Bottom