Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That quote about Chelski seems funnier by the day, that performance earlier surely put the nail in the coffin of that fantasy. If he is happy with being a squad player im happy for him to be there, if he isnt then goodbye. It seems his agent is a dick.
I must admit its hard to believe that he is only 2 years younger than Jan and Fazio, and 4 years older than Dier. He still seems to play like a care free kid
My thoughts, basically. He's older than we like to pretend.

3 days before Chelsea ,Vlad was starter against Everton,I thought vs. Chelsea will play Dier as RB (because was rested with Everton),Vlad played well 15 minutes like all Spurs players ,made some crosses in their box,one cross was close to be a winner,was involved in offensive actions,then Kane hit the post after a cross,thinking that we are on the right road to make point or points there,even their crowd was quiet,until the first goal ,an one-two fast made by them ,Chiriches and Lennon bad positioning from them both was eliminated fast ,1-0 for them,very quick 2-0 ,Drogba near Vertonghen,and Spurs (all the players) fallen like a castle made from sand.

In the second half Chelsea let us to have possession ball,we win at this chapter,but we was totally inneficient ,we had the ball without known how to do with the ball (in the end was 61% Spurs – 39% Chelsea).

Chelsea made fast counter-attacks,and scoring once again 3-0 with Remy after he dribbled a poor defender,in this match,Vertonghen,although our best CB in other days,not his finest yesterday night.

Was some “death hands” yesterday night,I mention also Lamela,like I said ,Vlad could play as RB ,but his not his natural role there,could play well against teams like Partizan,Sunderland,QPR etc ,but when we play against Chelsea,Man.City,A.rsenal,Liverpool, he’s exposed.

Poch ,we like or not,don’t had other solutions for RB in this moment just to play with Chiriches or Dier (both CB)…until Walker will be recovered,no.1 in this place from the squad,ok ,also Naughton could play here,but all 3 (Chiriches,Dier,Naughton are weak sides against Top 4 teams as RB)

You have to play well to have a team be your stepping stone.
First to say ,the player never ever said that Spurs will be “stepped stone” for him,he always said that he like this team and even wants to win a trophy with Spurs.

Second,that agent said on his behalf that words,Victor Becali,that currently is in jail for 6 years,much more Vlad ended his partnership with him 1 year ago,having an italian agent now, I see here on this forum many misinterpretations putting words not said by him, also he said recently that “is unhappy,not playing in this moment his finest but he will training hard and try to convince his manager to receive more chances to be in the first 11” something like that ,the press cut from his statement ,saying just that he’s unhappy at Spurs”,is a big difference.

OFF-TOPIC,just for fun
...nothing about football,just from history...
just seen the newest movie from Hollywood,about Dracula (franchise) -Dracula Untold.(fantasy movie,nothing to do with the reality)
The name of "Vlad" don't come from Vladimir ,as you expected ,just came from Vladislaus ,like Vlad Tepes (The Impaler-nickname gave by his enemies,from fear,especially turks) celebre romanian ,medieval leader in the 15th century...known as "Dracula" (The Devil).
You known the rest in the period (1456-1462),he rules in the land of Wallachia ,southern Romania today).
At the time,Romania from today was split in 3 lands ,Transylvannia,Wallachia and Moldova,lands always desired by turks (Ottoman Empire).
he used some original tactics of war- psychological ones (ambushes,night attacks etc,to spread fear for his enemies,always in more numbers than his army,was sometime 100.000 turks vs 20.000 romanians (valahi) ,he won some battles and after the battle he impaled turks at the borders,like a message for them to know what to expect if they will invade the country again...
He received "Order of the Dragon" (the knight ,christian crusader against muslims,like a role of "defender of Christianity" (Dracul).
Many to say but is too long story ,maybe other time ...
what i want to show here is his ORIGINAL SIGNATURE, FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF HIS TIME,IN THE END OF EACH DOCUMENT HE WROTE in Latin:
"Wladislaus Draculea, voievoda partium Transalpinarum"
aprox translate
(Vladislau Draculea,the leader of the land from the other side of the mountains) (referring Carpathian Mountains)
scary a little to watch original signature of Dracula , isn't it? :) mwhaaahahhaaa

996039_653732584658612_1914168007_n_zps84bbeb9f.jpg

Last edited:
OFF-TOPIC,just for fun
...nothing about football,just from history...
just seen the newest movie from Hollywood,about Dracula (franchise) -Dracula Untold.(fantasy movie,nothing to do with the reality)
The name of "Vlad" don't come from Vladimir ,as you expected ,just came from Vladislaus ,like Vlad Tepes (The Impaler-nickname gave by his enemies,from fear,especially turks) celebre romanian ,medieval leader in the 15th century...known as "Dracula" (The Devil).
You known the rest in the period (1456-1462),he rules in the land of Wallachia ,southern Romania today).
At the time,Romania from today was split in 3 lands ,Transylvannia,Wallachia and Moldova,lands always desired by turks (Ottoman Empire).
he used some original tactics of war- psychological ones (ambushes,night attacks etc,to spread fear for his enemies,always in more numbers than his army,was sometime 100.000 turks vs 20.000 romanians (valahi) ,he won some battles and after the battle he impaled turks at the borders,like a message for them to know what to expect if they will invade the country again...
He received "Order of the Dragon" (the knight ,christian crusader against muslims,like a role of "defender of Christianity" (Dracul).
Many to say but is too long story ,maybe other time ...
what i want to show here is his ORIGINAL SIGNATURE, FROM THE DOCUMENTS OF HIS TIME,IN THE END OF EACH DOCUMENT HE WROTE in Latin:
"Wladislaus Draculea, voievoda partium Transalpinarum"
aprox translate
(Vladislau Draculea,the leader of the land from the other side of the mountains) (referring Carpathian Mountains)
scary a little to watch original signature of Dracula , isn't it? :) mwhaaahahhaaa

996039_653732584658612_1914168007_n_zps84bbeb9f.jpg

Cool handwriting though, would love a snazzy bit of penmanship myself

Seriously tired of this guy. Another shaky performance in which it took him no more than 60 seconds to almost cost us a goal.
You say that but he did also get us out of jail a couple of times... I think that considering how poor Kabs and Vlad have been they put in a half decent performance. There was mistakes no doubt but on balance there was moments that saved us.

I could be trying to polish a turd for my own piece of mind.

Seriously tired of this guy. Another shaky performance in which it took him no more than 60 seconds to almost cost us a goal.
the player knew that he have no future at Spurs since this summer when Poch arrive and said to him that he must find another team where to play...everything was fine for Vlad when he played under AVB command,when was changed with Sherwood,something goes wrong for the player,some injuries and that's it! no chemistry of playing in the pitch between him and Kaboul or other players,he played very well last season in the system Walker-Dawson-Chiriches-Vertonghen under AVB command in the first half of the season,many games with clean sheets for Spurs,then after 2 months (injury january-february 2014) out from the pitch,was weak in the second half of the season ,the player wasn't the same...i don't know why,because he made good impression at Spurs in the beginning,some matches was MOTM really...
the reality is that Premier League don't suits him very well ,in Italy, probably he will have more chances to play than here,just to stay out from troubles (injuries)

there was a moment in the first half against besiktas where he dribbled through three besiktas players, i cannot have been the only one to see this. i do not think he even controlled the ball, it was as though he did a bit of a jig, possibly of ancient romanian folk origin, and suddenly he was free of the defenders.

My thoughts, basically. He's older than we like to pretend.

who is pretending he is young? his balding/widows peak, the sign of a seasoned person, is one of his known attributes, no?

The blokes dribbles in the same way that Borat does that mincing run. he's a liability/
Maybe when he was younger he played further up field, somebody told him to play in "the hole" but it got lost in translation and he thought they said play in the K-hole :nawty:

I seriously believe he'd make a good DM. He has nearly all the attributes to be a DM, and lacks many of the attributes needed to be a CB.
he played there (DM) in his youth time (at his 16 -18 years old period-Benfica Lisabon),
Then for Steaua (2012-2013) played just as CB (right and left) with huge impact ,he very shined in that time ,was a key player in the first 11,making Steaua at the time to shine in the domestic league (winning everything national competitions) and played with success In Europa League (where he scored also 3 spectacular goals there ,2 against Ajax and Chelsea) and his best match was Steaua-Ajax 2-0 (also Eriksen played for Ajax in that match),after 0-2 result in the first leg in Holland.

Click here to see his best match (highlights ,perfect long assist of Vlad at the first goal of Latovlevic ,and the second goal –masterpiece of Chiriches) so the player was chosen MOTM in that match ,Ajax was eliminate from competition.

Chiriches truly was very in form in that period ,the system of playing of Steaua at the time suits him very well (adopted german style of playing-Borussia Dortmund looked alike,because the Steaua manager at the time impose german style of playing ,being half german –Laurentiu Reghekampf) (all the players speaks the same language,relationships of playing between players was perfect,all the players almost playing with close eyes when they made passes,one-twos,perfect timing,50.000 noise fans home in every match,frenzy atmosphere there ,in comparation with WHL home,more quiet) so what I see in this moment at Tottenham (2014) ,he played at half of his potential in this moment (50%) in comparison with what he played at Steaua (2012-2013) ,I dunno why,in this moment he don’t play what we expected from him at Spurs ,but ALWAYS ,when Chiriches play for the national team he played very well,remember to us from Steaua period,I believe he don’t settle well with the football from Premier League,but if he will make a transfer In Italy or Germany (also in Spain) he will be another than in England …the future will tell us if Spurs mistaken with him not knowing how to play with him ,or was the player fault.

Just say that in that the first half of the season 2013-2014,he played very well for Spurs (under AVB command) but when the portuguese manager left the team,everything was lost for Chiriches,he wasn’t was the same player…interesting isn’t it? i dunno why with Sherwood and Poch he don't played so well,alternating good games with bad ones (inconstant) ,perhaps the rotation mode impose by Poch affects him? currently 5 CB in the squad (overwhelmed places).

Last edited:
I thought he play good today, and I think he's done well in quite a few games at RB.
Came on here to say he does well at RB and has done well for the few games he has played. But you have already stated this? Mistakes are much more noticeable at CH than at RB and although at times he gets himself into a pickle he mucks in. I'm don't feel he has a future at TH but who knows, players have to play to improve. He may get his chance?

Back
Top Bottom