Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

F5vVfz2.gif

I could've sworn Lamela was taller:lamelawtf:

90% chances (loan deal now,then a full purchase in the summer 2015)
i wish him good luck there,for me is a good transfer for his own good,more chances to play than in England,he's versatile player and the italian football (continental) suits him more well than Premier League (that's for sure!)

gutted if these rumors of his departure are true. for the sake of spurs they must not be true.

I believe I speak for every Spurs fan with a soul when I say that we need something besides the hard work of a Kane or the laziness of a dembele.

we need panache– which only vlad can provide .

since the departure of Benny he has stepped up to provide a mix of fun, skill, and occasional defending without which Spurs would not be Spurs. Maybe we will nick a result here or there but it will not be the same without Vlad.

So, in light of your imminent departure, I bid thee goodnight sweet prince of the lane. your absence will be regretted.:adesalute::defoe::vdvcry::avbpray:

gutted if these rumors of his departure are true. for the sake of spurs they must not be true.

I believe I speak for every Spurs fan with a soul when I say that we need something besides the hard work of a Kane or the laziness of a dembele.

we need panache– which only vlad can provide .

since the departure of Benny he has stepped up to provide a mix of fun, skill, and occasional defending without which Spurs would not be Spurs. Maybe we will nick a result here or there but it will not be the same without Vlad.

So, in light of your imminent departure, I bid thee goodnight sweet prince of the lane. your absence will be regretted.:adesalute::defoe::vdvcry::avbpray:
Is this serious or a massive piss take?

Seems a decent player and could probably become a David Luiz type in the right team and given the right opportunities. Unfortunately we can't afford to 'develop' him at Spurs as he could cost us too much too soon.

Best of luck at Roma, if that is the case.

Is this serious or a massive piss take?
I admit I did take the mickey when I said that sometimes we would lose with Vlad, in reality I think he can offer a lot to the team going forward with his versatility as a footballer even if he is limited right now as a defender.

The rest was a bit theatrical indeed but sincere.
:adethumbup:

in reality I think he can offer a lot to the team going forward with his versatility as a footballer
I think his versatility as a footballer has been incredibly over-hyped, with little to actually back it up. People talk about how good he is with possession, and I say "No, he's not; he consistently misplaces simple passes along the back line and makes shocking decisions" to which they reply something to the effect of "that's true, but..."

Also, I would remind everyone - once again - that Chiriches is not an U21 player. He's 25 years old, which never fails to surprise someone, so he's not exactly some young up and comer, either.

Serie would probably suit his style better, the speed at which attacks break in the PL has continually caught Vlad off-guard.

good player
never fails to light up the game, last ditch tackles or brain farts, so be it.

sincerely hope he doesn't leave us
Lot of people here complain on the boring football "it's not the Spurs way" but when someone dares to make risky moves and yes, sometimes fails, they write his death sentence.
Vlad is a good defender and in the same time he has a lot to offer to the offensive play, something that others can't. Offensive play is about skills, trying, taking risks and yes, failing many times before something goes through. Remains for Poch to find Vlad's place into the team and Vlad has to continue to fight for that spot.

Must admit he didn't fill me with confidence today, in fact I am amazed that the game finished 0-0 considering! I'm still of the opinion he is not cut out for the English game, as he gets caught out far too often for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom