Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It took him under 2 mins to misplace a 8 yard pass. I must admit after a few of his misplaced backwards passes, you could hear a lot of groaning from the crowd, that would be enough to destroy anyone's confidence, but he recovered and kept his composure, so all credit too him for that.

The rumours are pretty strong he will be gone in january. It will be a good move for him and us. It's gonna happen so the sooner the better.

Vlad makes me nervous every time he has the ball. He gets caught in possession way to often in unnecessary circumstances. I hope we don't see him near the first team anymore, he has got heaps of potential but I prefer he played only in cup games to prove himself, good depth player that's it.

I like Vlad, but every time he gets the ball I'm all like

2spky.gif

It took him under 2 mins to misplace a 8 yard pass. I must admit after a few of his misplaced backwards passes, you could hear a lot of groaning from the crowd, that would be enough to destroy anyone's confidence, but he recovered and kept his composure, so all credit too him for that.

The rumours are pretty strong he will be gone in january. It will be a good move for him and us. It's gonna happen so the sooner the better.
i heard is about a loan deal ,not a full transfer,that mean he will remain a Spurs player ,at least, until this summer 2015, then will see...(teams interested in him-AS Roma (big chances),according to press rumors the last on the list is Borussia Dortmund (?!) in this moment Spurs wants for a full transfer -10 millions euro,not an 1 cent less.

i heard is about a loan deal ,not a full transfer,that mean he will remain a Spurs player ,at least, until this summer 2015, then will see...(teams interested in him-AS Roma (big chances),according to press rumors the last on the list is Borussia Dortmund (?!) in this moment Spurs wants for a full transfer -10 millions euro,not an 1 cent less.
I say keep him he is a gutsy defender who goes in hard, what we need.

Every time United got over the back of our defence it was Vlad playing them onside. In fairness to him RB isn't his position and it's understandable for him to get caught out against quality opposition. If we could sell the captain I'd love to keep him as an option who can fill in at RB and be backup to our starting CB's and maybe even get that spot as a DM like we all think he'd be better suited too.

Don't think he'd cut it at DM to be honest, his distribution isn't good enough.

For me he's good backup to both centre and right back, and that's all he can be at Spurs I think.

he almost passed the ball to one of our players the other day, defensively i thought he was solid but his passing, particularly in the first half was awful

Very strange player. He is as great as he is bad and you see both sides of him in the same game. He appears a better right back than a centre back, surprised he is keeping Naughton out of the side, who up to the point he got injured he was actually playing reasonably well. I guess what edges him is his willingness to get forward, something that Naughton doesn't do as often.

Don't think he'd cut it at DM to be honest, his distribution isn't good enough.

For me he's good backup to both centre and right back, and that's all he can be at Spurs I think.
Tbh he has the ability to spray it very nicely with both feet. Just needs to find his groove- which he may not do here.
People thought Capoue had poor passing last year but this season he was one of the most effective in the league.

Very strange player. He is as great as he is bad and you see both sides of him in the same game. He appears a better right back than a centre back, surprised he is keeping Naughton out of the side, who up to the point he got injured he was actually playing reasonably well. I guess what edges him is his willingness to get forward, something that Naughton doesn't do as often.

Naughton has been recovering from an ankle ligament injury.

He looks like he should play in the early 90's as one of those old fashioned playmakers, i m pretty sure he would have be awesome at that. He runs like one, his technique is similar but i just dont know if his range of passing would be as varied.

But as a defender he is a liability, brilliant and sloppy all at once.

Vlad may not be going anywhere. He is adapting well as backup RB. With Naughton likely to be sold and Yedlin untested in Poch ways and EPL it would be wise to hold Vlad and loan Dier to say. Burnley who play a similar style to us.

I don't understand all the flack Naughton gets, he is a GOOD back up to walker. Chiriches does not have the pace to play as a RB as demonstrated against Manu. However with his technical ability to read the game he does make a good CB.2nd or 3rd choice central defender.

Back
Top Bottom