Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gotta start at RB tonight for me. It's not even a choice between him and Dier. Hazard will tear young Eric a new one if he is put there. At least Vlad has some pace to try and cope!

We've got Naughton who's a better RB than either Vlad or Dier, so that's not a major problem. Naturally I hope Vlad gets well soon, for his own well being of course, plus he is a useful squad member and also apparently has a fair amount of resale value, which I expect us to be cashing in come January.

He is back. Why so many people (not just on this forum) get so confused about red cards constantly mystifies, or more accurately, depresses/irritates me :).

Just for the record, a straight red doesn't necessarily mean three games. It all depends on the nature of the offence and any previous bans within a specified time frame.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Naughton is back for this one?
I'd still play Vlad personally. I don't fancy Naughton against Hazard, I really don't.

He is back. Why so many people (not just on this forum) get so confused about red cards constantly mystifies, or more accurately, depresses/irritates me :).

Just for the record, a straight red doesn't necessarily mean three games. It all depends on the nature of the offence and any previous bans within a specified time frame.
No confusion with red cards Greavsy-boy, save your depression for something worthwhile mate. I'd play Vlad ahead of Naughton against Chelsea.

Thought Vlad was found out today.
Naughton maybe would have been a more suitable selection against Hazard.
Nonetheless Chelsea too good all over the park.

I don't want to shit on Poch, but the fact that he thought it was a good idea to play Lamela ahead of Chiriches worries me a lot. Lennon would track back and make up for A LOT of Vlad's errors when we played Everton. Erik did not and it showed how weak Chiriches really is. His early early yellow didn't help much though.

The guy is simply woeful. He's nervy, weak and error prone, yet thinks he's fucking Beckenbauer. Tonight he overplayed the ball in the corner almost costing a goal. Never been Naughton's biggest fan but I'd have him any day at RB instead of this calamity.

lets not start bigging Naughton up to much as he's facking woeful and good for atleast a goal or 2 againsy per match

Lennon got super stitched up for the first goal too, he was suppose to be man marking Hazard but never got close

He is incredibly good with the ball

Are you serious? I've lost count of the times he's tried to dribble or bring the ball out and lost it at both CB and RB! Or the number of times he's played a dodgy, over-clever pass that has lead to a goal or put a fellow player under unnecessary pressure.
You're, and I use this term loosely, a defender Vlad! So kindly defend first and cut out the crap!

I also agree with the confusion over how Chiriches has been rated as good with the ball.

Honestly I'd rather have Dier at RB, even though it's just as a stand-in until Walker gets fit and Yedlin arrives.

Get rid of this bloke in January, if we can re-coup his fee then bye-bye.
For all the stick that Chadli, Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho have had for poor form, this guy is just generally poor.

When I say 'good with the ball' what I mean is that he has a good range of passing, is incredibly composed and can beat a man. I agree that he needs to stop doing that around our penalty box, but I think the lad can come good given time and coaching. Maybe a loan move while we are looking for someone to sell Kabul to.
He makes some very sloppy passes.

He does, but hopefully he will cut that out of his game and become a quality EPL centre-back
I'm very worried by the routine reports coming from his camp, starting with his agent talking about Spurs being a stepping stone to Chelsea right after he joined us, not to mention routine quotes in the press about being unhappy that he hasn't been first in our lineup.

I'm very worried by the routine reports coming from his camp, starting with his agent talking about Spurs being a stepping stone to Chelsea right after he joined us, not to mention routine quotes in the press about being unhappy that he hasn't been first in our lineup.

You have to play well to have a team be your stepping stone.

You have to play well to have a team be your stepping stone.
True that. But it hasn't stopped Vlad's camp.

At least we've seen some glimpses of the old Vertonghen, recently. Beaten for pace and turned over by Remy today, but otherwise he's looking more committed to the team.

True that. But it hasn't stopped Vlad's camp.

At least we've seen some glimpses of the old Vertonghen, recently. Beaten for pace and turned over by Remy today, but otherwise he's looking more committed to the team.

I wanted to throw something when he went one on one and was completely embarrassed for number 3.

Back
Top Bottom