Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

good 70 minutes as RB in the most exciting match in our pitch until now in this season against a good team , a dangerous Everton, ,perhaps his morale increase much more,i hope his injury to be light one,considering that he walk outside from the pitch himself,not helped by medical staff.
like a curiosity ,after he was changed with Dier in min.70,all offensive actions of Spurs ended ,the last 20 minutes was a defensive role from our team to maintain 2-1.

The Romanian Atouba didn't do too badly yesterday

Those opening ten / fifteen mins when Miralles was marauding down their right I was like:

3726761_orig.gif

And that pass back :paulinhofacepalm:

good 70 minutes as RB in the most exciting match in our pitch until now in this season against a good team , a dangerous Everton, ,perhaps his morale increase much more,i hope his injury to be light one,considering that he walk outside from the pitch himself,not helped by medical staff.
like a curiosity ,after he was changed with Dier in min.70,all offensive actions of Spurs ended ,the last 20 minutes was a defensive role from our team to maintain 2-1.
I think it was just cramp...I don't think his substitution was the reason we went more defensive although it was an indication of how tired everyone was...

So, Vlad make about £18k a week. (€1,200,00) pa according to Dan D) That's less than Phil Bardsley ffs.
Way below the average EPL wage, which is suppose
Baldini is involved in this transfer of him to AS Roma,much more the negotiations are almost done between clubs,is not official yet,but in january they will make public this transfer,Spurs agree a loan deal or 10 millions euro full transfer,Roma offer a loan deal in january + 8 millions euro for a full transfer in the summer 2015.
Chiriches will receive the same basic wage salary -1.200.000 euro there for each year (unknown duration yet)
So, Vlad makes about £18k a week? (€1,200,000 pa) That's £14k pw less than Phil Bardsley ffs, and he's not an international first choice defender.
Way below the average EPL wage, which is supposedly £31k

Vlad is a great slide tackler. He reads the game well, is two footed and possesses a lot of ability. However, he is very error prone and not very good aerially. I like players who are calm on the ball, but Vlad looks as though he's on valium sometimes.
Davies, for a full back, wins a lot of aerial duals, so does Vertonghen and so does Fazio.
Perfect for yesterdays game.
If Vlad cut out his errors he could be an asset for certain fixtures( i.e., when we are not going to get aerially bombarded). He also has to sharpen up his fitness imo.
I would have him Dier, Verts and Fazio as the 4 CB's.
He is more versatile than Kaboul, could fill in at LB, RB and, if called upon, probably could play in front of the back 4.
Have to say though, it cannot help that when he has the ball the atmosphere at WHL is palpable. He has to be conscious of that.
I'd just like to see him have a few error free games and that expectancy of doom diminish. We then may see him flourish.

...sorry, Sir - maybe you can give me some tips on erudite, constructive posting so I can "sound" as "smart" as you???;)
COYS
P.S. Vlad sux...;)
To me it seems that you're just jumping the bandwagon when slating Chiriches. He's been played twice at rb, and he's put in some good shifts.
You're saying that he's 5th in the pecking order, I'd say that from these 2 games, he's better than both Naughton and Dier. He definitely deserves a start vs. Chelsea as well. You're also assuming that Yedlin, who is a relatively unproven player coming in from the MLS, is going to do a better job than him? And what is up with your profile picture???

Last edited:
To me it seems that you're just jumping the bandwagon when slating Chiriches. He's been played twice at rb, and he's put in some good shifts.
You're saying that he's 5th in the pecking order, I'd say that from these 2 games, he's better than both Naughton and Dier. He definitely deserves a start vs. Chelsea as well. You're also assuming that Yedlin, who is a relatively unproven player coming in from the MLS, is going to do a better job than him? And what is up with your profile picture???
:) yankees...their sport is called also football ,but they play with the hands...crazy people there
:paulinhofacepalm:

Shouldn't matter... Walker will get the #1 RB spot back pretty quickly. Dier is a CB and a good long term player for us. Yedlin is a bit of a risk, but once he's been in the league a year or two he'll be a solid RB with plenty of game time.

End of the day.. Walker is young and Yedlin is either here as a long term backup meaning he's not good enough, or because he could be better than Walker and will be used in rotation until he is.

Meh really I don't think RB is a problem position for us at all, it's just with Walker being injured like he has been we've come unstuck.

To me it seems that you're just jumping the bandwagon when slating Chiriches. He's been played twice at rb, and he's put in some good shifts.....

Bandwagon?! He played a couple of the most horrific games I've seen at centre-back for us (and i've seen Kaboul try that a few times this season but couldn't get near that bad).
At right back the other day he did ok going forward but, yesterday he gave the free kick away that led to their goal and was sliding in selling himself a few times plus the (half a) back-pass. He is a big worry and it's been a regular thing with him.

:) yankees...their sport is called also football ,but they play with the hands...crazy people there
:paulinhofacepalm:
I am American, so I say YEEHAW to your comment and maybe FREEDOM RING. GOD BLESH AMURICA
Yeah, I'm actually vietnamese-american, so IDK why they call it football here. Weird
:freund:

Bandwagon?! He played a couple of the most horrific games I've seen at centre-back for us (and i've seen Kaboul try that a few times this season but couldn't get near that bad).
At right back the other day he did ok going forward but, yesterday he gave the free kick away that led to their goal and was sliding in selling himself a few times plus the (half a) back-pass. He is a big worry and it's been a regular thing with him.
While that is true, that wasn't my point. My point is that you've got to give him credit where credit is due. He's had 2 good games at rb, and he deserves a start against Chelsea, because of his recent performances.

Last edited:
While that is true, that wasn't my point. My point is that you've got to give him credit where credit is due. He's had 2 good games at rb, and he deserves a start against Chelsea, because of his recent performances.

I would play him there on the basis of having Lennon in front of him to do the same covering but, despite his good moments, his continuous bad ones worry me more. Chelsea could make or break him, if he makes more hash-ups on Wednesday then for me it's a no brainer in January if his fee can be re-couped.

Back
Top Bottom