Vlad Chiricheș

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting meeting between 2 Spurs players,
Chiriches vs. Eriksen:

Tuesday,18th november, 18.30 (London Time) in a friendly match in Bucharest,National Arena, between Romania and Denmark.

Both teams won their last official matches ,Romania with Northern Ireland 2-0 ,and Denmark won in Serbia 3-1.

Eriksen in Romania:

Was asked about if Chiriches will leave Spurs...

“He is a good lad,with his feet on the ground, and we talking each other easy.
He was unlucky in the last months,he don’t played too much,and I believe he want that much,like anybody in his situation.Personally, I want him to stay more longer at Tottenham,because he’s an extraordinary person,I hope to stay…”

Christian Eriksen interview for the romanian media (ProSport) ,today –friendly match between Romania-Denmark (about Denmark,Ajax,Spurs and ...Chiriches)

“22 years old,Eriksen a complete footballer,a very important player for Denmark ,also for Tottenham, and with this match in Bucharest will touch 50 caps for his national team.”

“He’s a very rare footballer in this modern days of football,kicking the ball with both feet,and that’s make him very dangerous for his opponents when he run in dribbling with the ball at his feet,many said that is the most talented footballer after the Laudrup brothers era until now,they don’t mistake at all regarding him.” (Sky Sports 2010)

Pro Sport said about his career ,achievements,stats etc then was asked:
Pro Sport: “Christian ,you have 49 caps until now for Denmark,and you may become the most youngest player from Denmark's football history who will make 50 caps. How do you feel now ?”

C.E : “I’m a 22 years old man,I think is already a big performance. I read myself that I can beat Michael Laudrup who had 50 caps at 24 years old…so, I’m proud myself about this,it was hard to believe when i started to play for Denmark 4 years ago…I was involved in many matches with good matches made by me…

P.S: “Is Denmark national team a family? What is the objective in a short term?
C.E: “ I think everyone wants to qualify for Euro 2016,we really wants to accomplish that,the atmosphere inside the squad is …excellent! We speak the same language and we are friends between us!despite we play for different teams In different countries, we don’t meet each other very often, and when we meet (Denmark actions), we feel that we are a very true family,everyone is relaxed…

P.S: “ You said that you have already 4 years played for Denmark,you was in South Africa in World Cup 2010,how much you changed since then?
C.E: “ I remembered that I was the youngest player at that competition,and the experience gained there was unique,I think I’m the same person, I was involved in many clashes,many experiences,playing in many matches, I don’t changed so much (I’m the same)…

P.S: “…Probably you had more good an english accent….”
C.E: “ (smiling) …Yes,my english is much better since then,probably…”

I skip here some lines (he was asked about handball In Denmark,he said that after football ,danish citizens watch very often handball,the second popular sport In Denmark after football,of course ,some previous meetings between Romania and Denmark in the past in football…) then…

P.S: “Your career was formidable,after you came to play for Ajax, how was there and what you learn there?”
C.E: “I was 16 years old kid,when I signed for them,but I made the big step very quick for the big team of Ajax and I felt myself excellent…I speak dutch fluently,adapted myself very well there,similar traditions (culture) between us (Denmark and Holland),was helpful for me that many danish players play in Holland (also for Ajax).What I learned there? HOW TO WIN A TITLE!

P.S: “ You are for the second time in Romania,first time you was here to play with Ajax versus Steaua (Last 16 round ,Europa League,february 2013)…”
C.E: “ I know that we won home with 2-0 ,and in the second leg ,in Bucharest,my current team mate from Tottenham ,Vlad Chiriches (man of the match in that match ,an assist and a goal) scored a superb goal “folha seca” (volley) from distance,lucky one…Steaua made 2-0 then extra time,when we (Ajax) lost on penalties, I scored one goal at the penalty shoot-out,but wasn’t enough…Ajax lost ,unfortunately,pity…

Eriksen quote: “ When i don’t play football,I like to be relaxed…watching movies,tv series,I going sometime to make shooping …”

P.S: “Then you choose Tottenham ,despite was some rumors about some offers from big teams in Europe (Chelsea,Barca or Man Utd),why you choose Tottenham?”
C.E: “Sure,Tottenham isn’t a team on the same category about you mentioned there,but I made the step in that moment ,and I don’t regret nothing, even one second”

P.S: “ How is the life in England?”
C.E: “ Well,very well.London is a big city with enormous possibilities,I feel excellent here.”

P.S: “ Now ,looks like you are not good in form,you were changed at the half time I nthe last 2 matches In Premier League.It’s a change in this season,since Pochettino arrived for Spurs?”
C.E: “Sure,myself I have a bad period (form) ,same ,the team don’t play what we want in this moment also,some unlucky moments,but we need stability.Every manager have his own style,he came with new players,everything is different,what we (Spurs) want to play is a MIXTURE style ,need time for adaptation,I believe all the players want to recover quickly

P.S.: “ You know that I must ask about our romanian player,Vlad Chiriches,how is he like person and like player?”
C.E: “He’s a good lad,very good,we talking each other and we understand between us very easy in our conversations,he’s a good player,sometime he scored (against Fulham last season) crazy goal…However,sometime he like to play in defense some moves,and when he made successful ones,everyone liked these,but sometimes he failed,then everyone is unhappy and criticized him…”

P.S: “ Spurs fans critics on twitter are very often ,they criticized not just him (Vlad) ,they made negative comments to all players,How react a player when he read these critics?
C.E: “Sometime you read ,sometime not…is a big difference,I don’t see why must to react at these negative comments.That was fans opinions,hard to change them…like a player you are a public person,and with that the critics would come inevitably…”

Last edited:
#Friendly match,Romania-Denmark 2-0.
Chiriches as starter (centre back –right) ,Eriksen as reserve.
Half Time: 0 - 0 ,
Chiriches secure in defense until now,but is a low level of the match (slow tempo from both sides,few chances, really a friendly type of match,i hope the second half to warm up the level ...Interesting is that our CB are players in Premier League,Chiriches-Spurs and Gardos (Southampton) ,while the GK is Pantilimon (Sunderland).
The Second Half:
1-0 for Romania min.52,Steaua striker, Keseru, opened the score.
2-0 min.58, Keseru looks on fire,what a :freundgoal:goal !!!!

***Min.70,Chiriches replaced by Moti
,Vlad again good match,secure playing.
Looks like he refill his batteries at the national team, ,boosted with morale and form (fit).

Really very good the second half made by Romania,won 2-0 in the end, Chiriches good 70 minutes,unfortunately not a minute for Eriksen, I expected to see him tonight ,but was held as reserve by danish manager,Morten Olsen.

Last edited:
For London add a quid to that if it's anywhere near a trendy area or a start up / pop up bar selling locally brewed organic beers infused with thyme and rosemary (yep, I saw that on the menu in Bethnal Green!) £4.90 a bottle for something brewed round the corner. Fucking joke!

If it is brewed around the corner is should be cheaper. Not paying any freight costs. Robbing trendy bastards.

the press from here and from Italy said that are big chances for a loan deal of Chiriches from Spurs to AS Roma,the italian club have problems in defense in this moment, and agree a loan of Chiriches from this winter until summer 2015,and then probable a definitive purchase if the player will give satisfaction in Italy.

He played last 45 minutes as RB today,and what i read in the LIVE comments on forum (did not see the match on tv) he play well,right? more details from someone regarding his performance today? who seen the match?

He played last 45 minutes as RB today,and what i read in the LIVE comments on forum (did not see the match on tv) he play well,right? more details from someone regarding his performance today? who seen the match?

He played really well, but then again we were pretty much never undrer pressure defensively during that time. What we saw though, might be the best 45 minutes of offensive back play so far this season.

He played well, but was under no pressure on the ball at all. He had lots of time and space in which to operate. Not troubled once.

Based on that, I certainly wouldn't be starting him at right back against everton or chelsea.

Then who would you start? Dier didn't help his case for RB today...
Agreed. I'd give him a start at right back against Partizan, easing Walker into the game too if he's available. You'd have to start him against Everton in my view. Hopefully by Chelsea, Walker would be fit enough, but I'd be alot more confident with Chiriches at right back then Dier at the moment.

I know he's been real rough this season but there was a time last season when he looked like our most promising signing besides Eriksen. Considering what we've seen out of Fazio and Kaboul this season, I actually wouldn't be opposed to seeing Vlad get another shot.

Loved the casual misplaced outside of the foot pass he did by our penalty box just after we scored. He's greatly talented but he is very fuckup prone. All in all though he was brilliant today, more attack minded than Dier and made himself an option on several occasions which Lamela loved to pick out. In a way I think it highlighted how much we need Walker back in the team, this system just does not work without fullbacks that make options in the final third and we've only had Danny Rose doing that so far this year.

Back
Top Bottom