Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Carroll wants to make it at Spurs or impress in the EPL on loan, he has to start to do more off the ball imo.
He needs to track back, get stuck in and win the ball. More importantly, If he wants to impress at Spurs, along with those things he will have to move the ball a lot quicker.
No doubt he has the ability to pass accurately over a good range, but he seems to me to be a liability when you haven't got the ball.
It would however be interesting to see if MP can make him buy into that side of the game. If he could, he would be one hell of a player.
Most Derby and QPR fans did not rate him at all. QPR fans accused him of slowing the game down, having no physical presence, letting players go past him and avoiding tackles. Both wondered what the hell people like Sherwood/Redknapp etc saw in him and what the fuss was all about.
It would be intriguing to hear the views of Swansea fans.

AnxiousPopularFrog.gif

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS might be able to answer that?

Captained and scored for the U-21's. Must have something about him?

Not his biggest fan and don't think he'll cut it at Spurs but would love to be proved wrong, with him, Bentaleb and Mason in centre midfield.

Windy?

So is he or is he not going to be a part of the squad next year? Tough decision...

I think that depends entirely on who we buy. Dele Alli might be a wildcard as well. If he comes in and looks like a competent depth player immediately that won't bode well for Tom.

I think that depends entirely on who we buy. Dele Alli might be a wildcard as well. If he comes in and looks like a competent depth player immediately that won't bode well for Tom.
He's a bit bulkier and more 'box to box' than young Tommy as well?

Strikes me as a more likely Prem player. Then again, people said Modric was too lightweight...

We'll sell the likes of Capoue and probably Paulinho in the summer, leaving us with only Mason, Dembele, Stambouli, Dembele and Alli. I think there might be a chance unless we go out and buy a Schneiderlin kind of player ahead of this bunch.

Strikes me as a more likely Prem player. Then again, people said Modric was too lightweight...

I have always liked watching young Tom, he looks like a proper footballer. I think he has potential to be squad player for us. But as said above, it's a tough decision to make.

He's definitely by far the better long term prospect but he'll also only be 19 and has never played above League One so who knows how he'll look at first?

Carroll is already getting into the 8th place side directly below us in the table (granted they are ten points off), if we don't buy a CM in the summer I think he could do a job for us as a back up for a season or two while waiting for our promising prospects like Winks, Onomah, Alli, Amos, etc. to be ready for first team action.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS might be able to answer that?

Captained and scored for the U-21's. Must have something about him?

Not his biggest fan and don't think he'll cut it at Spurs but would love to be proved wrong, with him, Bentaleb and Mason in centre midfield.

Windy?

Would far rather have Carroll in the squad than Capoue or Paulinho, personally, and he helps the homegrown quota too. But if we can sign better, then I'm not against selling him.

Would far rather have Carroll in the squad than Capoue or Paulinho, personally, and he helps the homegrown quota too. But if we can sign better, then I'm not against selling him.
Do you think he's good enough to make as much of an impact as Mason or Bentaleb?

I've always rated Carroll and would def have him over Capoue......and poss Dembele......might be weird, but I reckon Paulinhio will come good.....don't think we will see Holtby back at WHL unless we play his current team
A mate a season ticket holder who therefore has seen more of him,,doesn't rate him at all......but also at the beginning of the season he couldn't see HK breaking thru either, so WTF does he know.....

Back
Top Bottom