Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are writing off Carroll?
There's no bandwagon for firing our manager, so we have to be anti-someone (other than Ade).

d75a58c60fbe063303aaf7c4cf43f143.jpg

I've seen almost all of Tommy's appearances for Swansea. Although not a ton of showings, he still seems very weak but has a good possession football mind. I'm not sure what exactly his instructions are but he plays very safe out there (lots of sideways and back passes) but I've noticed he has the ability to make the long pass from deep in the midfield up to the striker.

He was very tidy against Man City until he gave the ball away late which lead to the GWG. I think he should absolutely be given a chance with Spurs, but I'm afraid he'll have the same fate as Holtby.

I am. As a Spurs player anyway. Can't see him ever being above Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele or Stambouli in the pecking order.

I wouldn't just yet because he does have the ability to play the long pass. His tackling ability and work rate will make or break him.

It wasn't an endorsement. It was stating a fact. Holtby will be returning.
No. He won't.

Lewis Holtby leaving Tottenham on a permanent transfer

It would seem that there was an obligatory purchase clause as part of his loan. Hamburg were obligated to buy the midfielder after a certain amount of appearances. Given that it has kicked in after three whole matches, it would seem that Tottenham was pretty eager to move the German on.

Tottenham's Holtby set to make Hamburg switch permanent

Hamburg are set to complete the permanent signing of Lewis Holtby from Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports in Germany.

Holtby, 24, joined Hamburg on loan at the end of the summer transfer window, and a purchase clause was inserted which guaranteed the Bundesliga club would buy him outright once he made a specified number of appearances.

That clause has kicked in after Holtby's first three appearances for his new side.

:chadliblow: You people do frustrate me sometimes.

No. He won't.

Lewis Holtby leaving Tottenham on a permanent transfer

It would seem that there was an obligatory purchase clause as part of his loan. Hamburg were obligated to buy the midfielder after a certain amount of appearances. Given that it has kicked in after three whole matches, it would seem that Tottenham was pretty eager to move the German on.

Tottenham's Holtby set to make Hamburg switch permanent

Hamburg are set to complete the permanent signing of Lewis Holtby from Tottenham Hotspur, according to reports in Germany.

Holtby, 24, joined Hamburg on loan at the end of the summer transfer window, and a purchase clause was inserted which guaranteed the Bundesliga club would buy him outright once he made a specified number of appearances.

That clause has kicked in after Holtby's first three appearances for his new side.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/354861.html#KlkkxW1IBi7hV01F.99
Haha, I'm not believing that. Just 3 appearances commits them to a sale? You sure bruh?

Haha, I'm not believing that. Just 3 appearances commits them to a sale? You sure bruh?
Yes. It was a loan with a view to a permanent move. Why wouldn't you believe it when it was widely reported to have been made permanent?

I think it was originally a loan because there was originally some fitness doubts.

Yes. It was a loan with a view to a permanent move. Why wouldn't you believe it when it was widely reported to have been made permanent?

I think it was originally a loan because there was originally some fitness doubts.
I wouldn't believe that such a clause would be inserted for just 3 games. Otherwise why would you not just buy him?

EDIT - he's still on our website as out on loan, so the move certainly isn't permanent yet.

not quite sure everybody are talking about Holtby here, but i might as well kick in.
i by accident saw hamburg play a couple of months ago (no rafa though), and Lewis seemed a bit .. lost. Not even playing to his strengths, just picking fights. And i came to think, how is that a player that once played for S04's first team, and was considered better than Draxler, Germanys U21 former captain so utter shit. I really thoguht he just doesent fit in.

Smells like Bentley to me.

No doubt he wont. But a 3 game clause to make a loan permanent does seem a bit low and pointless doesn't it? Didn't have too many long injuries did he? Unless Hamburg were battling the beast that is FFP I can't see why they wouldn't just sign him.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Don't look at it as a loan that becomes permanent, but look at it as a permanent transfer that starts as a loan.
Maybe they couldn't afford to pay straight up or there were some reservations about fitness. Who knows. Who cares? He's gone. Despite what it says online. Yeah, maybe technically he's still listed as our player because he's currently out on a loan contract. But the fact is, he's not coming back.

Back
Top Bottom