Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much better prospect than "German U21 captain" holtby IMO.

Just goes to show that glittering foreign gold can blind you to a diamond under your nose.

Poor old Steffan Freund, I was reliably told he would be bringing the best and brightest to the Lane.

:freundgoal: :avbfacepalm:

I think Tommy Carroll deserves a full game. My choice would be Swansea because they are a finesse midfield that also wants to play a possession game so fears of Carroll getting physically dominated wouldn't be a problem. I still like Holtby a lot too.

Carroll should definitely start against Swansea, mainly because Dembele has been playing like he needs a rest. Worst comes to worst we can always bring him on again. I don't see the risk in it, personally.

Listen to me you pasty munching, gut rot scrumpy swilling, clotted cream on your sister licking, inbred six toed half wit. I swear i will cut you right up. Now behave.

:dempsey:

Seriously mate you need help for your rage issues.
:bentley:

Indeed.

As for Carroll, he's still young, as is Holtby, they both have potential, and both should be given opportunity to prove themselves. They play different positions too, so hardly a one or the other choice.

Carroll is being set up as another new saviour, and when he has a couple of average games, they will all want him shipped off to Southend Utd or somewhere.

Drop Dembele? Hilarious stuff.

george-bush-gif.gif

Both have the potential to go far at this club - I cannot see Tom Carroll being cast into the shadows. I think Holtby looks a tidy player, but needs to learn a bit about discipline on the field so he doesn't knacker himself out by chasing every loose ball and running all over the place.

In the spirit of this thread, anyone who disagrees is a cunt

Carroll is being set up as another new saviour, and when he has a couple of average games, they will all want him shipped off to Southend Utd or somewhere.

Drop Dembele? Hilarious stuff.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Personally I like the look of Carroll because he spreads the ball so well from the deep midfield which is something we haven't had this year.

He also plays aggressive balls forward and was a few inches long in the Fulham game of a couple of assists. If I had my druthers we would be playing Carroll-Dembele together. Dembele is underrated defensively I think.

As for Carroll, he's still young, as is Holtby, they both have potential, and both should be given opportunity to prove themselves. They play different positions too, so hardly a one or the other choice.

I agree, can't write either of them off yet, and also can't proclaim that one is our saviour. Give them opportunities, see them develop,
watch them lift lots of trophies with Spurs.

Carroll and Holtby are both decent. Holtby probably better today but give Carroll the games and he MIGHT be awesome, very Modric-y in his play.

Main point is AVB IS playing him in games, he IS putting him frequently on the bench instead of ignoring the youth like Redknapp liked to do. We even had Shaq Coulthirst on the bench at Anfield.

FUTUREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Back
Top Bottom