Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Never got the Carroll hype. I'm more than happy to have him around the squad though. Good goal today.

I don't expect him to be a first XI player consistently, but he will be great to have in the squad. Similar to Mason.

I thought he took his goal beautifully. I thought he was finished with us, a few of my mates are qpr fans and they didn't think he could cut it.

I liked what I saw from him, he looks to pass forward as soon as he gets the ball, and it's refreshing. Especially when for the past few seasons, all I'm use to seeing is sideways passing.

I thought he took his goal beautifully. I thought he was finished with us, a few of my mates are qpr fans and they didn't think he could cut it.

I liked what I saw from him, he looks to pass forward as soon as he gets the ball, and it's refreshing. Especially when for the past few seasons, all I'm use to seeing is sideways passing.

I remember thinking it was fitting that his goal was passed into the net.

I thought Carroll was excellent yesterday. Him and Alli ran the show. He had some loose passes but I love how he is always looking for a forward pass. He also had a number of great timely tackles where he didn't even have to leave his feet.

He could be a good player but position wise he is limited, you need cover when you play with players of his ilk. Could be a very good old fashioned playmaker but i fear for his physical presence. Small players do make it in the world football (some of the very best are tiny) but they need to be very good to do it. And develop their upper body muscle mass.

Last edited:
He's not going to be anything special IMO. They ran through him a lot but to be fair he and Rose were targeted.

It was a good game for him to play in but I think it answers the question that he's not ready to step up.

We looked vulnerable with him in the middle. Rose, Etiksen and Chadli can be chaotic so you need so something solid in that deeper position.

Last edited:
He had a great first half, very influential. That said, defensively he was poor, their midfield got into the space behind him and had a free run at our back 4. He did manage to position his body well to shield the ball on a number of occassions which I liked but far too often was played through. Dier also played his part in this, so maybe it was this pairing contributed to each others poor defensive play.

One of our major problems is we have a string of 'utility' players who we don't have a best position for within our system and, a ton of youth players who are part of an inexperienced squad overall and are left highly exposed on the pitch - both within the game and to the fans.

We can encourage them all we like but when Bentaleb, Mason and Dier are your so called experienced midfielders then you're in trouble because they're all still learning and relatively novice themselves.

I don't think Carroll is good enough, have never thought he'd be able to step up far enough to overcome his physical limits but, the poor fucker has no chance when he's expected to step up overnight and be the main man in midfield against Premier League opposition.

There's nobody to lead or learn from within the squad for these young players. Kane has nobody either and we don't even have a kid learning from him!

Super coach Poch to develop them all to top level and make his philosophy work??!

Alli looks like a real talent but, even he is now being thrown in more and more out of necessity, not that it's the best thing for his development. He may be good enough to just play and make it straight away but you're not going to get that with another 6-8 kids across the squad. It's unrealistic and to me, a totally flawed strategic decision about the squad balance that already has us in trouble.

He's not going to be anything special IMO. They ran through him a lot but to be fair he and Rose were targeted.

It was a good game for him to play in but I think it answers the question that he's not ready to step up.

We looked vulnerable with him in the middle. Rose, Etiksen and Chadli can be chaotic so you need so something solid in that deeper position.
I hardly noticed his presence in the midfield on Thursday when we didn't have the ball. The midfield looked empty at times, with Townsend and Lamela lack of defensive contribution, poor Dier had to cover for him and protect the back line, all at once. Lucky it was a pub team otherwise we could have conceded 5 goal if it was a proper team from a top league like Monaco.

There's nobody to lead or learn from within the squad for these young players. Kane has nobody either and we don't even have a kid learning from him!

Exactly.

Who is Kane learning from? Poch? Fucking laughable..

The kids are just making their own experience. No guidance on the pitch whatsoever.

Toby came out straight up in the summer and said we need a DM. Oh dont tell me, Dier is doing great. Yes, maybe, but he also got taken off injured, and we have no back up. And who is he gaining experience and learning from in this role? Poch?

Ridiculous state of affairs

You mean to tell me all those years Adebayor was here and the likes of Defoe, Kane hadn't learn from them? Man, what a useless club we run. Georgios Samaras is available on a free transfer, we should get him in so Kane could learn from his wealth of experience.

sarcasm.gif

You mean to tell me all those years Adebayor was here and the likes of Defoe, Kane hadn't learn from them?

So you admit that Kane benefitted form having an experienced striker in the squad?

But you still think he woud'nt benefit from it now?

Georgios Samaras is available on a free transfer, we should get him in so Kane could learn from his wealth of experience.

So if we sell Lloris, it means we should replace him with Bobby Mimms?

Back
Top Bottom