Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why people are having a moan that our 6th choice (at best) for the deep mid, and probably 6th choice for the number 10 spot as well midfielder, isn't as good as the 8 or so players that are ahead of him. Can you be that desperate for a scapegoat?

Last edited:
Winks is ahead of Carroll for me.
Fucking hell hahahahaha

Tom carroll, 23, played 18 games for swansea last season, 26 for qpr the season before.
Harry winks. 19. has played 3 minutes and 14 minutes in the europa league in the last two seasons.

The whole two teams thing wasn't enough for you? You had to go and be that edgy, youth team guy as well?

Fucking hell hahahahaha

Tom carroll, 23, played 18 games for swansea last season, 26 for qpr the season before.
Harry winks. 19. has played 3 minutes and 14 minutes in the europa league in the last two seasons.

The whole two teams thing wasn't enough for you? You had to go and be that edgy, youth team guy as well?
Are you okay in the head?

Great goal last night.

"There was a start, too, for Tom Carroll, a tidy central midfielder who has been on the verge of a breakthrough for some years now. There is a cultured, unhurried quality to Carroll’s pinpoint left-footed passing: think Jack Wilshere, but if he had been forced to spend his childhood listening to harp music.

Carroll recycled the ball nicely and ventured forward now and again, and was rewarded with a late goal, his first for the club, nutmegging the keeper from a tight angle."

Harp music :carrollwtf:

Full write up from the Telegraph:-

Tottenham Hotspur 4 Monaco 1, match report: Erik Lamela hat-trick sees Spurs top group

I cannot understand the stick this lad gets at all. I thought he was fantastic last night. He is always available and looking for a forward pass, imo there is virtually nothing between him and Mason. I rate both mind but I never seem to be disappointed when Tommy plays.

Still think he might be in Poch's plans. Tidy player who plays the ball early. Always looking for that through ball.

Poch said he was going to be patient with him. Let's see if he can continue to make the bench and play in cup games.

I hate to show any negativity towards our players but last night I turned to my mate and said I didn't think he'd quite cut it at Spurs. Literally 2 mins later he scored!

:carrollwtf:

He's the type of player that is always is willing to take a risk on a pass and I think the fact that he's always been a bit lightweight and last night, he'd lost possession a number of times in attempting to try something different was the reason for my thinking. In hindsight, we need players like that at time and whilst I'm still not 100% convinced he'll make it, he took his goal extremely well.

Poor performance.

Everybody on here slates Carroll, but Carragher (how many England caps?) says he had a good game.

Hmmm, who do I believe?

[sarcasm] Carragher is clearly a clueless fuckwit though, because he played for Liverpool [/endsarcasm]

Everybody on here slates Carroll, but Carragher (how many England caps?) says he had a good game.

Hmmm, who do I believe?

[sarcasm] Carragher is clearly a clueless fuckwit though, because he played for Liverpool [/endsarcasm]

Think you missed the irony there mate.
He was much better than I feared. Good on the ball, made some chances. Wasn`t really a defensive liability. (Loved the hug around Barkley)
At the moment he contributes more on offense than Eriksen (Unfortunately)

Sure it helps that TC was fit when Bentaleb was injured

Hasn`t Bentaleb been injury free for some 3-4 weeks now? I think I remember he was a sub against Monaco, and I haven`t heard any news that would suggest he is injured again. in the games to follow Monaco, it looks like Carroll has been getting the minutes that one would have expected Bentaleb to get. I might have missed the news of Bentaleb still struggling for fitness of course, but if he isn`t I would say that at the moment it looks like Poch is rating Carroll ahead of Bentaleb.

Back
Top Bottom