Tommy Carroll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Swansea is the perfect fit for him. Its a shame that it didn't work out here but I'm happy he's doing well. How's Tommy doing?
Only started watching towards the end of the first half, he was involved in the initial build up for the second goal. Seemed to have an okay game, tidy passing overall but still looks ineffective defensively.

Just been subbed now.

Tommy looks solid in the opening 15. Nothing too substantial yet.

Sigurdsson looks so damn good. I had no problem when we sold him but I'm now questioning myself. Always thought he was one of the best pure footballers in the squad but it just never clicked here. He's done so well at Swansea, influencing the game all over the pitch. When you look at the form of Paulinho and even Aaron Lennon in the Europa league it is a bit confusing why Sigurdsson and Holtby were sacrificed instead of them. Granted, they were both erratic in their performances but they could have done a job in cups.

Tommy looks solid in the opening 15. Nothing too substantial yet.

Sigurdsson looks so damn good. I had no problem when we sold him but I'm now questioning myself. Always thought he was one of the best pure footballers in the squad but it just never clicked here. He's done so well at Swansea, influencing the game all over the pitch. When you look at the form of Paulinho and even Aaron Lennon in the Europa league it is a bit confusing why Sigurdsson and Holtby were sacrificed instead of them. Granted, they were both erratic in their performances but they could have done a job in cups.
I think the biggest issue was that Siggy was never going to settle for only being in the cups, and as second or even third choice to Eriksen, and that was pretty clearly going to be the case for us. He's in a place which lets him shine at the level he wanted to be at, and is probably happier that way. Can't fault the guy for making that choice.

Sigurdsson going to Swansea was good for both Spurs and Sigurdsson. It's like the fat scot whos names shall not be spoken - he's better off in a team that appreciates his strengths rather than a team where his weaknesses becomes too apparent.

He was ok… until he gave the ball away and City scored the winning goal.
I thought he was really poor against City, and the pass that gave away possession for the goal was just terrible, and in fact should have been a pass leading to a counter attack and possible goal at the other end.

I still haven't seen anything that makes me think he'd improve our squad.

I thought he was really poor against City, and the pass that gave away possession for the goal was just terrible, and in fact should have been a pass leading to a counter attack and possible goal at the other end.

I still haven't seen anything that makes me think he'd improve our squad.

Yeah i've only seen him play a handful of Swansea games and i tend to agree. He's tidy on the ball. Makes the safe play (usually), but he's doesn't really do anything positive. With his lack of build, I don't know if he's fast enough to make up for his small stature too.

Yeah i've only seen him play a handful of Swansea games and i tend to agree. He's tidy on the ball. Makes the safe play (usually), but he's doesn't really do anything positive. With his lack of build, I don't know if he's fast enough to make up for his small stature too.
Or clever enough with the ball. Modric was fantastic with the ball at his feet. He could sell the pass with a body movement, but I don't think Carroll has that in his locker.

To be good enough for us he needs to be one of the stand-out players at a club like Swansea, and he really isn't.

Though I said the same about Kane when he was on loan.

Or clever enough with the ball. Modric was fantastic with the ball at his feet. He could sell the pass with a body movement, but I don't think Carroll has that in his locker.

To be good enough for us he needs to be one of the stand-out players at a club like Swansea, and he really isn't.

Though I said the same about Kane when he was on loan.

23 at the end of the season, 1 year younger than mason who is 24 in June. He needs to massively develop this year or he just isn't going to cut it.

The signs aren't good for Tom, though we could end up selling him like we did with the likes of Caulker and Livermore.

To be able to play for Spurs though, he needs to improve a lot. Not sure that will happen. With Mason, Bentaleb and now Winks etc coming throughthr pressure is on.

I like him though, and hope he can be the player we all want him to be. The performance he had for the England u21s were promising, so all hope still isn't gone.

Last edited:
The signs aren't good for Tom, though we could end up selling him like we did with the likes of Carroll and Livermore.

To be able to play for Spurs though, he needs to improve a lot. Not sure that will happen. With Mason, Bentaleb and now Winks etc coming throughthr pressure is on.

I like him though, and hope he can be the player we all want him to be. The performance he had for the England u21s were promising, so all hope still isn't gone.
Do you mean Caulker? ;)

don't think he'll be spurs quality by the time he wants to start regulary. but it would be the absolute shite to see him and mason as a starting 2 at CM for us.

Back
Top Bottom