The Qataris are coming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We would end up being a feeder club to PSG, or be forced to play PSG academy hopefuls on loan, or buy their over the hill players for +£50M. Basically will will be there to to make PSG FFP compliant and enabling them to win Ligue 1 and for them to challenge for CL.

Oh......and we will play in Red and White.

I thought the Qatari's owned PSG ( Al-Khekaifi is close to the Emir, was made a government minister by the Emir-who is the head Sovereign head of the Qatari Investment Authority) and Malaga ( Sheik Abdullah is a relative of the ruling family). If the rules are they can't own more than 25% of a club in European competition how comes they obviously do?
It's kind of like the City & PSG's sponsorship and advertising cheat. Where the companies are all linked to the ruling family who own the club and pay over the odds.

QSI and Qatari Diar are all part of the QIA who's head id the Emir of Qatar.

Sainsburys have a name already.
Funnily enough the Qatari Investment Authority is the major shareholder of Sainsbury's

These guys though could say here's £50 million for Schweinsteiger, £150 million for Messi so on and so on, the fans would love it but we would never get the likes of Harry Kane come through again, they just wouldn't be able to compete.
But we could make Harry Kane the worlds best paid player

So it's going to happen then
See what I did there. :kaboullol:

Genuinely though I don't see this as anything other than media speculation. Of course the Qatari's are looking at Premiership clubs and of course the Sun plus every other media outlet links us to it because that's what you do with Spurs, link them to everything until something sticks.

Odds on that if they do buy a premiership club they will buy Leicester or Villa or equivalent, it won't be us.

All said and done, it wouldn't amaze me if they went for West Ham. The Olympic Stadium would have the same lure that the 'Free' City of Manchester stadium had, and would carve out clear territory.

Hate em or not, they're going to buy someone and it would be Spursy if the next mega-money superpower ended up being the Spammers or Gooners.

Well, it'll be fun to see what happens to the fan base if we turn into Chelsea or City overnight. Although I have to wonder how Middle-Eastern owners will handle a kosher fanbase?

Not true... statistically 'proven' by Baddeil that it's >2%
We are, however, 100% YIDS! I always wonder what Ronnie Rosenthal made of all that back in the day...?

hHJOE2S_.jpeg

NEVER MAROON!!!
Will we EVER learn??

This would be the end of our club. Tottenham Hotspur would no longer exist. We'd simply be another Sky franchise used and abused as just one of many status symbols for the global mega rich. Fuck spending money on supporting their ego. There's already too much dodgy foreign money controlling many of the prime assets in this country. I guess none of this should come as a surprise as we opened ourselves up too much as a nation and allowed our soul to be carved up by savages a couple of decades ago. Goodbye England, goodbye Tottenham Hotspur, goodbye Harry and St. George.

The problem with foreign ownership is that whoever it is takes the club further away from it's roots. Roman Abramovich didn't run around in a Chelsea kit when he was a kid and I doubt their were many Sheikhs who ran around in Man City kits. The Premier League club is no longer the business owned by the local businessman come good like Martin Edwards, Sidney Wale or Jack Walker, it is the plaything of billionaires who want a trophy to add to their collection. Since Real Madrid & Barcelona are not for sale and German clubs have to be heavily fan owned, Premier League clubs are the ideal toy.

The Qataris are pretty much on a par with Russia & Abu Dhabi for poor human rights and lack of democracy. The stark fact is we have no choice, we either like it or we don't, there is no control or say from fans. But from the moment that the club removed itself from the stock exchange and became a wholly owned entity of ENIC, it was never going to be anything than a business, this is not the club of the early 90's that had shareholders who were fans, who had some kind of say or signifcance to the running of the club.

We are now the consumers and this is modern football, for example, check your most recent email from spurs, 10% chance it will be about our last match, more likely it will be offering free post and packing from the merchandise store. So whoever takes over, nothing will change for us, the only thing is we may have better players and a few more 'clingers on' and 'glory hunters'. That's a happy thought!!!

Back
Top Bottom