The Qataris are coming

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever is going to be wanking into his morning cornflakes at this news.

Me, I hope it doesn't happen either. No more home grown players, no soul. Etc..

That scares me too as much as I would like the stadium to be completed and for us to be able to hold on to our best players when you look at Chelsea and City they sold themselves to the devil. They produce fuck all home grown players, atmosphere has gone to turd, it's a corporate bollox at those places these days.

They produce fuck all home grown players
Think with the investment City are putting into the training centre and academy their days of just buying and not getting any academy players come through might be slowing down. Their billionaires did what they had to do to get them from irrelevance to the main table. Would hope any takeover of our club followed a similar long term view. A few small changes in senior squad personnel to push us on a bit (we are definitely close to that top group of sides) and continued investment in making us a top-top club of scouting and developing young talent. I doubt Shiek Ali Baba would share a similar calm logical approach but can't help but dream!

Think with the investment City are putting into the training centre and academy their days of just buying and not getting any academy players come through might be slowing down. Their billionaires did what they had to do to get them from irrelevance to the main table. Would hope any takeover of our club followed a similar long term view. A few small changes in senior squad personnel to push us on a bit (we are definitely close to that top group of sides) and continued investment in making us a top-top club of scouting and developing young talent. I doubt Shiek Ali Baba would share a similar calm logical approach but can't help but dream!

You know if it's the build the stadium, mean we can afford to keep our top players like Lloris and Eriksen fine with me but if we end up being a fancy club for a few mega stars City style it will put me off, I am Spurs through and through and will stick with the club even if we end up in divison two so I'll stay come what may but still not 100% on this.

You know if it's the build the stadium, mean we can afford to keep our top players like Lloris and Eriksen fine with me but if we end up being a fancy club for a few mega stars City style it will put me off, I am Spurs through and through and will stick with the club even if we end up in divison two so I'll stay come what may but still not 100% on this.
Agree. I'd just hope they'd be the financial backing and let football people make the football decisions. I have faith in Mitchell & Poch to know that we aren't that far off being the side they want us to be. If some Shiek came in and said would £80m spent on the senior side help I'm sure they wouldn't say no, but I'd also think it would be used a lot more of a Spurs-way than the way PSG, City and Chelsea have all gone about it.

Agree. I'd just hope they'd be the financial backing and let football people make the football decisions. I have faith in Mitchell & Poch to know that we aren't that far off being the side they want us to be. If some Shiek came in and said would £80m spent on the senior side help I'm sure they wouldn't say no, but I'd also think it would be used a lot more of a Spurs-way than the way PSG, City and Chelsea have all gone about it.

These guys though could say here's £50 million for Schweinsteiger, £150 million for Messi so on and so on, the fans would love it but we would never get the likes of Harry Kane come through again, they just wouldn't be able to compete.

This wouldn't suprise me. My reliable contact told me at the time of the Olympic Stadium bid that Levy was spending a lot of his time preparing the club for sale. We will be sold at some time in the next 4 years, whether it's the Qatari's or not.

This wouldn't suprise me. My reliable contact told me at the time of the Olympic Stadium bid that Levy was spending a lot of his time preparing the club for sale. We will be sold at some time in the next 4 years, whether it's the Qatari's or not.

In that respect I would prefer Qatar as odious as they are to some American cowboy Glazer style firm that wants to load the club with debt and ruin us, I guess if we have to be sold this might be the better option however it's far from perfect.

Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever is going to be wanking into his morning cornflakes at this news.

Me, I hope it doesn't happen either. No more home grown players, no soul. Etc..
I most certainly will not be doing such an undignified act, but am not sure if it's a sense of humour failure on my part to put on ignore for such a comment. So I won't, but I'm unhappy about it, I can tell you that.

Anyway, I'm not getting particularly excited by this news, because I don't see it happening. But IF it did, of course I would be delighted. At last the prospect of going back to the 'glory glory' club I supported in the 60s would be reawakened.

Under ENIC we have slipped into the darkness of being the 3rd London club, deep in the shadows of Woolwich and Chelsea. Do we have to wait till West Ham overtake us (and IF they get a billionaire benefactor on the back of their new stadium, chances are they will) till some people wake up and realise how sad our current situation is, compared to the glories we once had.

To repeat, under ENIC we have won one League Cup in 14 years. That's our worst TROPHY DROUGHT in SEVENTY YEARS. Yep, you have to go back to the flat caps of the 1930s to experience a worse state of affairs.

And to make matters even worse, I wake up this morning to the sorry news that our manager may well throw away today's shot at glory, in order to 'rotate our squad', which is nowhere near as strong as it should be of course, because of stupid purchases, sales and loan decisions by our current management structure.

The only thing that's going into my cornflakes are tears of despair about what happened to the club I supported, and now makes a mockery of the references to 'glory' that the PR machine still spits out. 1984 and the Ministry of Truth or what? Since when did 'Glory' mean 5th place, and a half-arsed attempt at the Cups and Europe.

Humpty Dumpty is a paragon of truth compared to this lot.

'I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. 'Of course you don't — till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

'But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.'

Alice Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll.

Last edited:
Forget the fucking money for a second.

This government is evil plain and simple. The fact that 1000+ construction workers are already dead and the likelihood is for that figure to rise to 4000 by the World Cup. They promise migrant labour things then when the migrant arrives from India and Pakistan he loses his passport and is trapped, essentially in slavery. In getting these cunts we'd make Abramovich look like a fucking saint.

No, no, NO!!!!

I'll be proper vexed if these cunts buy our club.

Back
Top Bottom