Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maddison came from a relegated team.

We could probably have signed him at WHL.

Tbh we signed some great players at WHL.

Not sure there is a single player that we were only able to sign because of new stadium income.

Leicester were not relegated when we were at WHL, so not available for £40m

Various managers said no to Maddison, including Conte, but likely Poch too (but I guess we had Eriksen at that time) as we were strongly linked a few years ago when he moved to Leicester.

Absolutely baffles me that after that shit show v Fulham Sanchez still has supporters.
Forget Fulham, we’ve seen years of him and he still has supporters.

Somehow because we play a high line he’s good enough for us, in spite of his really poor passing, nervousness on the ball, error prone tendencies and poor reading of the game.

Top bloke, gotta go. Anyone who is happy with him as our 3rd CB is deluded.

Neither do the people who constantly bang on about PR scams

Feigning interest in players outside of our means has long been a strategy that keeps fans at bay by showing ambition while exaggerating the profile of our club.

Unfortunately we've run out of useful attempts at this because we've all seen it at least 8 times before.

It can't be a coincidence that it was always spurs as the team linked to outrageously high profile players alongside utd, Woolwich, Chelsea, liverpool and city...

7xk9yy.jpg

Can't be long now surely....

Romero was at Atlanta. Bissouma came for London and Champions League. Maddison from relegated Leicester.

Love all 3. Incredible signings but we could have signed them at WHL.

Meh. I answered the highlighted question. Who we signed them from wasn't part of the question.

Players aren't gonna sign just cos the stadium is shiny and new. The blokes's broader argument was dumb.

Last edited:
If Sanchez goes to Monaco, Dier will play a significant part this season. Any injury, he’s a starter.
And if he doesn't go to Monaco and we sell Dier, Dier won't play any part. And if we sell both and buy another CB, neither will play a part. And we can go on and on with the hypotheticals.

Regardless of what happens though, I doubt Dier will play any part, let alone a significant one. Worst case scenario Royal fills in at RCB and Davies at LCB. Dier gets nowhere near the squad.

Romero was at Atlanta. Bissouma came for London and Champions League. Maddison from relegated Leicester.

Love all 3. Incredible signings but we could have signed them at WHL.
they are proper signings though. to be fair we paid 50m for romero who was serie A best defender. i dont think we do that if at WHL.

bissouma and maddison were shrewd signings. unreal value for money.

ndombele and gio were new stadium signings and look how theyve turned out. 100m down the drain

Back
Top Bottom