Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m hoping that means we’ve come to an agreement over the fee in negotiations and are now making the official bid…

I will never learn.
To be honest I’d say you’re pretty much right in that that is how we operate when it comes to negotiations, but the problem is that’s also what likely pisses off other clubs so much when dealing with us.

We spend so much time poising, deciding, weighing up, considering etc etc etc when we’re in talks with clubs but never actually table a formal offer, which presumably Levy thinks offers him more wriggle room to alter details of the deal and whatnot.

But it’s evidently a very flawed way of doing business as while it obviously works on some occasions, on the whole it likely backfires more often than not as the other club just say okay, fuck you lot this has gone on too long there’s no more talks, and we suffer as a result.

Prefer him to Dier but that's not hard.

And I respect him for at least having the balls to step up to take a pen when others who should have been ahead of him did not.

Not good enough for us though, but I have no issue with Sanchez at all from a person perspective.
Couldn't care less about the pen.
He fecked up 3 times in the first 5 minutes and made the whole team nervous.
He's got form as long as your arm for making feck ups.

not overly excited by johnson especially if we go over 50 mill

not really a game changer hope im wrong on it

def not nico williams level and a few others whoa re cheaper
Why is Nico Williams better than Brennan Johnson?

Nico Williams scored 6 goals last season

Brennan Johnson scored 8 goals last season

I suppose it's because he's rated higher on Fifa and FM.

Imagine if we don't get another CB in, it means Dier might be on the bench if Sanchez goes.
Genuinely don't give a fuck. The way we play +60% of possession, forwards pressing, aggressive midfield etc is so much better way to collectively defend. If Dier is pressed when were are building up from the back may cause us some issues but we playing once a week, with only the FA Cup to fit in, The only time he plays is if VdV or Romero are injured (with Davies probably coming in if VdV is injured).

EDIT:
Remember when Wimmer stood in for Jan when he was injured, the system we played then meant the team collectively defended without the ball. Wimmer didn't put a foot wrong. (Still one of the greatest sales in the Club's history, £20m to Stoke!!!!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom