Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who would be your #1 choice for CB to pair with Romero in Ange's system?

Really tough. Possibly Gvardiol but that’s unrealistic. Likewise Kim (although I’d see him as the replacement for Romero). I q

I’d really struggled to come up with a rock solid choice. All the ones I’m aware of have flaws I don’t even overly rate Romero. As a footballing cb’s I like Todibo and Tapsoba, but neither are outstanding defenders. Better than what we have though.

I’m really struggling to come up with a proper Leftie LCB who’s rounded, gettable and affordable.

I think we are going to have to take a punt whoever we get, whether someone young and raw like Lukeba (leftie) or someone like Tapsoba (rightie but good footballer)

You got anyone in mind?

I remember watching the Newcastle Sheffield Wednesday FA CUP game and one of the Wednesday players did a good free kick that was unlucky not to go in and I thought "When was the last time Kane or Son did that?".
Harry scored from a free kick vs Brentford, no what you mean though, few and far between!

Just realised it wasn't direct from the free kick but Tee'd up

Last edited:
Really tough. Possibly Gvardiol but that’s unrealistic. Likewise Kim (although I’d see him as the replacement for Romero). I q

I’d really struggled to come up with a rock solid choice. All the ones I’m aware of have flaws I don’t even overly rate Romero. As a footballing cb’s I like Todibo and Tapsoba, but neither are outstanding defenders. Better than what we have though.

I’m really struggling to come up with a proper Leftie LCB who’s rounded, gettable and affordable.

I think we are going to have to take a punt whoever we get, whether someone young and raw like Lukeba (leftie) or someone like Tapsoba (rightie but good footballer)

You got anyone in mind?
Hincapie is the other LCB that gets mentioned, but I think he falls into the same camp. An awful lot of money and pretty raw.

We really need Romero to grow up this season. Needs to cut the daft shit out.

In just about every “All or nothing” type docu series you see the meetings with managers, DOFs, Levy types and also the PR and media types.

Do you really think they don’t consider fan sentiment?
It would be like a farmer not caring about the health of his livestock
Is pond life considered livestock?

Gold mentioned on his podcast with Guest that he wouldn't rule out Spurs bringing CCV back because Ange really like him and Spurs have a cheap buy back option. Think he would count against HG too right?

Gold mentioned on his podcast with Guest that he wouldn't rule out Spurs bringing CCV back because Ange really like him and Spurs have a cheap buy back option. Think he would count against HG too right?

Despite obvious crying from obvious quarters; him swapping out with Rodon or Tanganga would be entirely acceptable.

That list is painful.

:pochshock:

It’s worse than it looks as a lot of those players were bought for managers who got sacked then we hired a manager who doesn’t need that player. There is interest in Lo Celso from Villa to Barca to Villarreal, he just doesn’t fit us, he was bought for Poch who was sacked.

Still got time and might fit Ange:

Richy
Romero
Porro
Kulusevski
Bissouma
Gil
Emerson

Did well:

Son
Lamela

Did a job:

Moura
Sissoko

Overall would have to say failed;

Sanchez
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Bent
Aurier

Probably failed

Sessengnon
Regulion

Remember when we didn't sign Bastoni and it was because he's an Inter fan and loves the club. Nothing to do with the fact we wouldn't pay what Inter wanted?

Tonali's dad is a Milan Ultra. Tonali said:

“I know what I did to get to this shirt, and I would never make the mistake of leaving. I know it’s hard, especially in football today, but I dream of becoming a Bandiera (legend) of Milan. And I will do everything to do so.”

Even took a pay cut to join Milan.

Funny what happens in football when you pay what the club wants...
Bastoni was a completely different case.
His girlfriend had just given birth.
Bremer was linked with many foreign clubs (including us). He was waiting for Italian citizenship. He wasn’t going to leave Italy regardless of the money.
Money is obviously a factor. So is ‘the project’.
BUT other factors play into the equation and each individual is different.
I see your Tonali and raise you a Modric.

It’s worse than it looks as a lot of those players were bought for managers who got sacked then we hired a manager who doesn’t need that player. There is interest in Lo Celso from Villa to Barca to Villarreal, he just doesn’t fit us, he was bought for Poch who was sacked.

Still got time and might fit Ange:

Richy
Romero
Porro
Kulusevski
Bissouma
Gil
Emerson

Did well:

Son
Lamela

Did a job:

Moura
Sissoko

Overall would have to say failed;

Sanchez
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Bent
Aurier

Probably failed

Sessengnon
Regulion
Did not realise almost 75% of that list the players were signed and within a year the manager was sacked. Wonder what this list would be like if we adjusted for football transfer inflation. I assume the list would not look so bad.

Back
Top Bottom